Notices

Old 30 Sep 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Take a look through my eyes, Day two AK, Yak & Yeti QS and Boma, 31st August 2019

Awake so flaming early this morning! I annoyingly wake up early at home, but 3am isn't funny...
Couldn't get back to sleep so watched Dorians latest antics from the comfort of the bed.

Off to Animal Kingdom today, caught the bus just before 6:30, 3 minute bus journey and we arrived. It would be great if Disney could put a walkway in between Jambo House and AK, such a short bus journey is pointless, it takes longer to get on and off the bus than the actual journey!

Walked straight to Pandora, this is a first for us. 2016 was our last visit and Pandora was still being built so I was slightly excited. It lived up to the hype, everything was so pretty, I want to move here please! Look how empty it is.
Lots of people power walking past us to get to FoP, we have after hours tickets for later in the holiday and a FP so I just wanted to take my time.

We walked onto Na'vi, this is so beautiful, I was expecting it to be rubbish after reading a couple of reviews, but visually it's stunning. I even got emotional as you go round the final bend and the music kicks in. My only complaint is the ride is too short. Made up for the shortness by riding it twice more!

Starving now as we'd been awake since 3 and it was now 8am. We picked up some French toast sticks and a sausage and egg biscuit to share at Pongu Pongu. The sticks were yummy, the biscuit not so, too dry.

Used the new walkway over to Harambe, Africa, look at the lack of people, we really need to remember this. Doubt that it'll be like this for too much longer

First safari of the holiday undertaken, all the usual animals were out and about. Next stop Dinosaur, this was being refurbished when we last visited in 2016 and were soon reminded how much this throws you around, won't be getting back on any time soon!
We decided then to cancel our fast passes as everything we had booked for the morning was a walk on.

Walked over to Asia, picked up some packs of prayer flags in the expedition Everest shop. We bought a few packs last time and have them hanging in the garden, so picked up more as I love them so much. This photo isn't my garden!

We had an early 11:30 lunch at Yak and Yeti quick service, I had the honey chicken and John had the chicken wrap, also picked up a mini mango using a snack credit as this was on the list of 'must haves'. Very nice and mangoey, biscuit base could have been a little firmer and it's quite rich, I'm glad I tried it but I wouldn't go out of my way to have it again.
The little packets of sauces that you can get are really nice, I always grab more than we need and bring them home with us!

Rode kali river rapids which was a welcome relief from the heat, just the right amount of soaking was received! Next up was the Up! A great adventure bird show, this was cute, the kids in the audience loved it. I loved the macaw and the Old MacDonald had a farm song.

Next up was the purchase of a new poncho in readiness for hurricane Dorian, I had my eye on a rather fetching Minnie Mouse poncho, I'm sure I think I'm twelve... It will be used in the uk for rainy dog walking days. No photo, but one will appear later! We spent some time wandering around the gift shops, I made a few shopping lists in my head!

We then spent some time walking around the tree of life garden, I'm always in awe of how amazing the animals are and how much work went into creating this. We left Animal Kingdom just before 2pm to go back to the hotel pool for a couple of hours before our early dinner booking at Boma.

We haven't ever eaten at Boma before so this was a first, the food was lovely. I didn't take any buffet photos as I feel a bit self conscious taking photos of all the food. The photos of the plates above don't look very appetising but they where delicious. Stand outs were the salmon, crispy plantains bobotie, curry chicken stew and the peanut rice (I've since found the recipe for the peanut rice and it's really easy to make).
I have noticed that a lot of the savoury options have an underlying sweetness to them. They do like their sugar! The glow star cocktail was also very yummy! John had a non alcoholic lemonade.

The bread pudding was to die for!

We caught the bus back to Animal Kingdom to see the Tree of Life awakenings, we missed out on this in 2016 due to torrential rain, no rain this time thankfully. I managed to take some beautiful pictures Of the tree of life as the sun was going down, but the awakening pictures were all rubbish tonight!
We were both shattered today and caught the bus back at 10pm, there were a family on the bus who were going for a meal! All I wanted was my bed...
Total steps today a measly 16,711, it felt like more!

Old 30 Sep 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 30 Sep 19 2:46 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Lovely day nice that so many rides were a walk on

Joan
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Lovely day nice that so many rides were a walk on

Joan
We were very spoilt the first week due to Dorian, crowd levels returned to normal soon after!
Old 10 Oct 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A great day
Old 10 Oct 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A great day
Thanks for reading
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Your photos are all stunning!
Old 29 Oct 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by ravenwing View Post
Your photos are all stunning!
Thanks! I got very lucky with the sun going down in Animal Kingdom, I quite like the tree of life photos too