Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jan 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Anyone booked last minute before?

We are currently booked for August this year- we switched from onsite to margaritaville for a week, then onto a villa for 12 nights. We have paid a deposit to ATD for Disney/ US tickets ( paid the extra to cancel for free).

Our TA has approached us to see if we wish to amend our dates, so we are considering moving to next year.
I’m still quite hopeful that holidays to Florida will be possible THIS summer- but a big part of the holiday for me ( and I suspect most on here) is the planning and build up. Currently though, the hope we might get away is keeping me going!

If we moved to next year then this year was definately a goer,
Would consider booking ‘last minute’ ( though for me- 6 months before would be ‘last minute’&#128514

Anyone else planning on booking at the final hour if it turns out it’s ok to go?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

I am hoping to do a last minute trip however that’s not till November to December time. X

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I booked fairly late in 2017. Had been watching flight prices for a while. Managed to book a hotel in kissimee for 10 days and 4 nights in art of animation, got Disney tickets about a month before hand and managed to book what we needed, discovery cove as well. Booked tome off work and off we went. We didnt tell anyone either! Surprised DD telling her the night before. X
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Same situation. We're booked for August and our balance is due in May.
I don't think we'll have a clarer picture by then so I was thinking of changing to next year and then rebooking for this year in June/July if things do look better.
I will miss the big build up and all the planning that comes with it though ☹
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

We went with three weeks notice for Xmas once. We were all set to stay at home then suddenly UC reward seats popped up for 22nd Dec - 5th Jan and we were off having active AP's helped the decision though.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

I think in ‘normal times’ I wouldn’t consider this- as the 12 month build up is almost as enjoyable as the holiday- but I’ve made peace with losing all the planning build up and would happily go short notice. Would imagine once it’s clear we can go prices ( mostly glights) would sky rocketed. Doing a quick comparison- 2 weeks at YC with tickets and BA flights from Manchester ( via Heathrow) isn’t much more expensive than done if the Tui/ Jet 2 all inclusive packages for the med that I’ve seen!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
My solo trip was extreme last minute - booked the flight one morning to fly that lunchtime. I booked my hotel after I’d checked in at LGW, and WDW reservations had opened up.

Our February half-term weeks in the sun to Orlando were both booked about two weeks before we travelled and we did book a long August trip 2-3 weeks out before when we noticed some Virgin PE availability with miles.

I’ve even booked the Beach Club to arrive the very next morning whilst sitting at the bar at the Royal Pacific around 11pm the night before. We had no Disney tickets, ADRs nor fastpasses.

With no ADRs and fastpasses available there’s possibly never been a better time to consider last minute as even if you’re an uber-planner, there’s not a lot of planning you do beyond park reservations. If you’re not park people at all then it’s easier still.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm with you all the way in loving the planning and build of anticipation and excitement. But I feel that last minute trips may be our best chance this year if you want to avoid the disappointment of cancelling and rearranging. I've not done a last minute trip to Florida, but I have done others.

Last August I booked a trip to DLP staying onsite we travelled less than 24 hours after booking and got so lucky as we came back just before the quarantine was announced. I've also done a Christmas trip to Boston, booked just 4 days before flying on boxing day. Both trips were fab.

I'd definitely do a last minute trip if it was possible. Perhaps I wouldn't recommend it for a first timer visiting wdw, but for those who've been before and know what they are doing then sure it would be a blast.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Once flights open again prices will skyrocket due to demand so whilst yes ,it’ll be possible odds are there won’t be any bargains.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

We booked 3 weeks before last feb for a last minute week. In hindsight not the best decision but there were around 50 COVID cases when I made the booking. Mid stay WHO declared a pandemic and Donald closed the borders. Would I book a last minute week again - yes as long as I wasn't bothered about fast passes and restaurant reservations.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List