Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 28 Jan 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Universal AP offer, am I missing something?

We are hopefully going this Nov/Dec and a sneaky trip in 2022 over Oct half term just doing Universal for HHN and probably Seaworld/celebration/shopping

If I buy 4 x 14 day tickets for approx £1090 I could upgrade when we are there to an AP which we’ve done before. But..just noticed Universal Annual pass offer 15 months for 12, with tax these come to approx £948 for x 4 and last 3 months longer, am I missing something obvious? Just seems a bit to good an offer? I can’t see an expiry date just a ‘book by’ date and it says they become active on first visit, I assume the only down side is the 2 park element? That wouldn’t bother us as my lot are happy with the resort pools, they’re not big water park folk. Obviously they’d need paying in full but with no expiry date we would be able to use them at some point even if we can’t get their this year, any other pit falls? Thanks 😊
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

As long as you've checked any blackout dates and are happy with the two park aspect then go for it. We did
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
As long as you've checked any blackout dates and are happy with the two park aspect then go for it. We did
Thank you! I was just a bit nervous, I found an old thread for this offer last September but not one for this years. I’m a bit nervous about black out dates as they could change for 2022 but they don’t seem to include Oct/Nov generally so we should be okay
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
As long as there's no "activate by... " date?
If not I'll be quite tempted myself!
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We got them, too good an offer to turn down.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gillybean08 View Post
I’m a bit nervous about black out dates as they could change for 2022 but they don’t seem to include Oct/Nov generally so we should be okay
It's usually Easter/Spring break that moves but that's easy to track
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
I'm really tempted by this but we will be staying at Cabana Bay and my daughter really wants to do volcano bay so we would need some form of three park pass.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by may View Post
I'm really tempted by this but we will be staying at Cabana Bay and my daughter really wants to do volcano bay so we would need some form of three park pass.
They’ll start selling 3 park passes once Volcano Bay reopens in March.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
They’ll start selling 3 park passes once Volcano Bay reopens in March.
Thank you. I thought so but I think the extra three months offer may end then.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Be very very careful these annual passes things are a big con

We bought the same as you as it worked out cheaper than the 14 day ticket but here’s the con ... made us go 4 times in 18 months 😂❤️😂.

When tickets are paid for it works out very cheap to “ nip” over, when you see a deal, we had univesal 2 park and seaworld 3 park both really cheap about £350 per person for the year!

Once that bit was paid for, when pricing up two weeks in Spain then it was cheaper to fly to Orlando.

Luckily we did, as our passes were 2018/2019 and we had our fill not sure we will get back any time soon.

Also made for a much more relaxed holiday as we would just pop in for a few hours then back to the villa / beach / non theme park attraction, which the kids loved the slower pace and amazing villa days !

Go for it I would say, ps if you go for the next level up universal pass you get free parking and 10% off in shops, you only need to do one for the whole family it’s about $100 more but that’s only 5 visits for parking so if you are going more than that then it’s worth it for the free parking.

Edited at 09:34 AM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List