Notices

Old 16 Mar 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Applejak
Getting to know the DIBB

We're going in 2 weeks!

I cant quite believe it. Its come round so fast but we are heading back to Orlando in 2 weeks. After months of lurking its our turn to join in the fun

Our kids break up early for Easter so we managed to get a crazy good deal staying onsite at the Beach Club for 2 weeks. We have been before as a family - last year we did a split stay at Port Orleans, the Renaissance Inn at Sea World and a Villa which were all awesome in different ways although made us realise that as great as everything is, theres nothing quite like the Disney bubble.

Only MAJOR concern is our flights. We booked through a seemingly legitimate online agency, based in Greece - MyTrip.com - who are now effectively trying to extort more money from us. We are flying from Manchester via Dublin, but without warning they changed our connecting flight on the way home to leave Dublin 3 hours before we land. They can rearrange to an actual sensible time for a "small fee" but Im hoping Aer Lingus will sort us out at the airport. Famous last words! Anyway, enough ranting. At least the problem is getting back not getting over there, so worst case scenario we will just have to move to Orlando .

Anyway, 2 weeks today we will be on the plane! Can not wait for Stormalong Bay, but I think the best bit will be being able to pop into Epcot whenever we fancy rather than having to plan and wait for a bus. France for breakfast? Dont mind if I do. Only potential downside is that the Beach Club could ruin moderates for us in future and I doubt we will get a deal like this again - First World Problems!

Edited at 11:38 AM. Reason: Typo
Applejak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We go a week on Monday and I’m so excited! We are staying at AKL for 10 nights, Disney cruise, 3 nights then back to POFQ for 2 nights. This is our first onsite stay, we usually stay in a villa. I think staying at BC will be brilliant for the ease of access to Epcot. we were supposed to be staying at YC for 2 weeks but changed to AKL so that we could budget for a little cruise too
Hope you have a fab holiday
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Applejak
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks. Thats the plan - I think we are eating on Epcot most nights based on tge ease of getting there. Wow, we would love to go on a Disney cruise. Have you beem before. I think we will be planning a similar split stay like yours if we went. Ive never been to the Animal Kingdom lodge but have heard amazing things about it. We stayed at PO Riverside last year. FQ has a much nicer feel. Enjoy!
Applejak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Applejak View Post
Thanks. Thats the plan - I think we are eating on Epcot most nights based on tge ease of getting there. Wow, we would love to go on a Disney cruise. Have you beem before. I think we will be planning a similar split stay like yours if we went. Ive never been to the Animal Kingdom lodge but have heard amazing things about it. We stayed at PO Riverside last year. FQ has a much nicer feel. Enjoy!
That’s why I think YC And BC are so good. All the restaurants to pick from in world showcase - Japan, Italy, Germany - so much choice - plus all the Boardwalk options
We have been on a 3 night Carnival cruise in 2013 on the Sensation - which is their smallest and oldest ship, and we loved it! So I’m sure we’ll be blown away by the Disney Dream. That’s if we end up going - my DD’s (age 3) teacher told me today that there is Chickenpox going around the nursery :/ so I’m keeping her off this week and just praying that she hasn’t already picked the virus up. Worse case is that we’d have to cancel and claim on the insurance or she could come out in spots when we are there. Fingers crossed she’ll be okay.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
VickiHayling
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

We go next week via Dublin, and the flights were changed so the connection failed. When I rang Aer Lingus they swapped us at no charge. Worth speaking to them?
VickiHayling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List