Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Mar 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smary
Getting Excited

Realistic prices

Just browsing options for a US Roadtrip for late August/September 2020

At the moment we've considered four main places, flying from each place (taking advantage of the cheap internal flights in the US!), which are San Fran, down to LA, across to New Orleans then up to NYC. We would be flying from and back to Manchester and the main things we want to do are obviously all the main sightseeing in each place, including tickets for Alcatraz potentially and a baseball game, tickets to the Walt Disney family museum in San Fran, 2 day tickets to Disneyland, tickets for empire state, rockerfeller etc and Broadway show.

Is anyone able to gauge a rough estimate of price per person, we are potentially a group of either 4 or 5 adults and obviously need to factor in spending money for food and ubers to places.

I am thinking for everything potentially two thousand pp then obviously whatever spends on top? Is that too much or too little!?
[FONT="Georgia"]October 2007 -Windsor Palms, October 2009 - Highlands Reserve, August 2014 - Windsor Palms, June 2016 - PoR, October 2017 - Emerald Island, August 2019 - CBR, June 2022 - Windsor at Westside[/FONT

smary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi first of are you trying to do to much and miss so much in doing so. San Fran and LA so miss Monterey and the PCH. Be aware accomdation on west coast is much more expensive than say Florida and New York also expensive
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

We've done East to West before in one trip, 5 locations across 3+ weeks. It's full on but amazing. Do your research,I'd recommend starting in the East working West, get used to the time difference gradually that way. To do it properly and do it justice, it'll cost more than 2k each. Worth saying we had already done East coast and West coast separately before this trip as there is so much to see. You may want to take that into account unless your happy not fitting in all the sight's in each location and spending 5 days of your holiday travelling. For a first trip I'd stick to West coast only. San Fran, LA, coast,Disney .

Edited at 06:21 PM.
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t think anybody is going to have an idea, off the top of their heads, of what such a complex itinerary may cost. Although £2k does seem off the mark to me (too low). I also agree with another poster that this itenerary doesn’t work, it feels like this should be two or even three separate holidays.

But I think the best thing to do is start a spreadship, or get a notebook and start pricing things out. The open jaw international flights you would need for that itinerary are usually more expensive than tickets there and back to / from the same place. Work out how many nights you need in each place and then price up hotels and internal flights. Add on any must do activities. This is the only way you will get any kind of realistic idea of potential costs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

No point flying San Fran to LA - surely that's much better done as a drive down the PCH.