Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 23 Feb 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Eight have a blast in Warsaw. Feb half term 2019. Travel, beer, singing and over heating.

Saturday 16th
Before starting, most of these photos are Sandy’s taken on her huawei phone which is amazing. Also I will try and remember the costings but I forgot to keep the receipts. I did change up £100 and needed an extra £35 so pretty good for a city break.

The taxi was booked for 4.30am. I stayed at my mums as we were getting picked up from hers. I only live a 10 minute walk away but didn’t fancy that early hours plus I had longer sleeping time this way.
I had an ok sleep and woke at 4. Quickly got ready and everyone met at mums to wait for the taxi.
I had made sandwiches and school biscuits for everyone.

Yes, that is a rum and coke. Every holiday starts with a drink. I only had 2, the others had 4!
The taxi was on time and after everyone piled in. We have used the company before and the driver was great. It was an easy journey to Stansted and we were soon pulling up outside and getting dropped off just before 6am.
I had pre ordered our money with moneycorp, £100 for the taxi people plus £100 for mum. Sandy and I changed it up, I had worked out how much everyone needed and we counted it out into equal piles. We had a lot left over and it took a minute to realize we had forgot Mums money but we got there in the end.
Kim had texted to say she had arrived and by the time we had gone toilet, had our sandwich and finished off the drinks Martin had arrived. He collected his money.
I had booked priority for my bookings as Ryan Air changed their cabin bag policy just after booking. We did get refunded but the others didn’t bother booking so had to check their case on the hold. Martin only brought a rucksack so he didn’t need to check anything on. We left Tracy and Kim and went through security. The people behind us started asking about our toiletries in the clear bags. They had no idea you couldn’t take more than 100mls so had to go to one side to sort that out. Myself, Sandy and Martin had a body scan and Steph’s case was searched but it didn’t take long and we headed to the weatherspoons.
Tracy and Kim soon joined us and we enjoyed a pint. Time was actually flying by and didn’t realize so it was a little mad dash to the gate but it was a little delayed so had plenty of time.
It was announced that a trainee pilot was flying, he did very well.
We had a drink on the plane

Passport control was slow and Sandy and Tracy made the mistake of getting in a queue with families. We were through quite a bit before then and waited for Kim and Tracy’s luggage. Kim’s case was quick but Tracy’s was taking some time. The baggage hall only had 2 toilets and was packed so we left Tracy, Martin and Sandy and went through to arrivals. They still only had 2 toilets so it still took ages. When we got back we heard that someone had took Tracy’s case. One bag similar to hers was going round with a big tag saying hands off. Martin ended up grabbing it and calling the number on the tag. He got a through to a man in Ireland, his son was borrowing his case so he called his son and luckily were able to swap before leaving the airport.
Our driver was waiting patiently for us. Sandy had booked it with hoppa, £25 each return.
It was about a 45 minute drive to Warsaw. The driver pulled up at the bottom of a hill with instructions to meet him there on Tuesday and we had to walk half up the hill to our apartments located on ulica Mostowa. Sandy had a code for all 3 apartments, one on the bottom floor and the other 2 on the top floor 5 staircases up! It took a little while to get in and sorted who was staying where, they were compact but really nice.
This is the one Martin and I shared.

Sandy, Linda and Tracy had the first floor

Those stairs led to a double bed! I couldn’t have stayed up there.

I didn’t get any photos of Steph, Debbie’s and Kim’s. They were sold as a 4 person but it was a double bed and sofa bed, you could sleep 4 but it would be squashed. But they were fine for us and the location was brilliant.
We unpacked and went exploring. The weather was great, cool but lovely and bright.
These are from our street

We followed the crowds

First impressions were great, so beautiful.
We found a bar, Same Krafty. This gets rave reviews on trip advisor for the selection of beers.

We decided to have room kitty’s.
Steph, Debbie and Kim ordered a beer, then myself and Martin had the same. Sandy asked for a vodka for Linda but they only sold beer here. I told Linda and she really didn’t want beer so Steph and Debbie gave their beers to Sandy and Tracy as they didn’t like it and took Linda to find another bar. I don’t normally drink beer but it’s a holiday drink for me.

It was nice to chat and catch up. Martin was peckish so he ordered pizza but had to order it from the opposite bar.

We all shared it then called the others to see where they were.
We met them in a karaoke bar (didn’t start until 8.30) this was about 4.30. It was down some steps. I did look for a name but couldn’t see one, it’s next to ciao Napoli.
It was quiet in there and we had a large table. I think we had 2 drinks in here.

We were all tipsy by now, and it was lovely talking about past holidays. Honestly, I laughed so much here. It was a great start to the holiday. The bartender was miserable though.
The toilet paper being on a high shelf wasn't very convenient! Even less so as they had run out.

We finished our drinks and went to Celibar, another lovely little place.

Steph had popped to a supermarket to get a blackcurrant mixer for the beers.
The food looked lovely, we just ordered chips and nachos to share here.
We got talking to a couple of German boys and we all went back to the karaoke bar to sing.
I am going to point out that it was cold out, not freezing but every bar had the heating on full blast. I was boiling in every place.

Karaoke was in full swing, anyone familiar with my trip reports will know I do enjoy this after a few drinks. I’m not very good and don’t take it seriously but I think it’s fun. I asked for some paper but was told you just tell the man in charge. He had a guitar and was also miserable. He did let us sing though, first up was California Dreaming for myself, Linda and Tracy. The German lads had met up with another friend and asked us all to sing Wonderwall. He kept telling me to ask the man, I said you ask as you speak the lingo. Steph laughed and reminded me they were not polish.
Anyway, we did all sing it together. One of the lads gave Martin his phone to record it. He did a great job and I was desperate to have this video. Unfortunately we couldn’t air drop, blue tooth or send it at all so somewhere somebody has that video, you never know, we could be viral in Germany.

We sung a few songs and had a couple more drinks until Kim had enough and said she was hungry.
The lads said goodbye and we went to try and find food. The pizza place next door said they would do a take out but a friendly man walking past said he knew a restaurant around the corner.

It wasn’t far and looked lovely but by now I was feeling a little worse for wear, but mainly I was just so hot. I looked at the menu and knew I wouldn’t feel well if I ate that rich food so Martin walked me back to our apartment bless him then went back and joined the others. I had a shower and went to bed. I didnt hear the others get in. They said the meal was lovely.

Edited at 02:19 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

A busy first day! You are very brave doing karoke

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Mobile

Great busy day, I do like short city breaks x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Great fun day, you are brave singing karaoke. Even if I had a lot to drink, I don’t think I would be brave enough 😃
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
A busy first day! You are very brave doing karoke
Its the alcohol that makes me brave.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
Great busy day, I do like short city breaks x
We love a city break, we were very lucky with the weather as well.
Old 24 Feb 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Great fun day, you are brave singing karaoke. Even if I had a lot to drink, I don’t think I would be brave enough 😃
I laughed so much and it was lovely going on holiday with Martin again, it’s been years since we did that.
I can’t gelp myself with the karaoke. I still do it even after seeing the evidence the next day.