Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Aug 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

It's A Long Way To Itinerary DAY 6 TO PAGE

This morning we are saying goodbye to Monument valley and heading for Page.

I made the breakfast and managed to burn the bacon.

I love the smell of singed barm on a morning.

I also tidied up the casita emptied the fridge AND DID MOST OF THE PACKING UP.

Bo Peep and Larry were still in bed.

The sausages were weird as well. I forget what they had in them, but they were the only ones Bashies had left.

All the way t0 Page my stomach was giving me grief, an emergency stop at the roadside was required and after another two “ates” regurgitate and hydrate I felt much better.

Since we were quite early we toured the Glen Canyon Dam.

We stopped in the visitor’s centre as it offers a great view of the dam and Lake Powell. We didn't do the tour but walked out on the bridge over the canyon.

Beautiful!

We made it to Marks place by about two there was a note on the door saying back at three and since check in was at 3 we couldn’t really moan. (we did though)

Another stop at Safeway’s and we registered the card by putting the address of the unit. Once again, the bill was reduced by about 25%.

Our purchases were mainly the bare foot medicine, but we did buy a sandwich and a drink to eat at the tables they had under a canopy outside.

At 3pm we checked in Mark was very friendly and helpful, but his units didn’t warrant the number one spot he has on trip advisor.

I reckon all his hiker mates give him a good score. There was a row of about 6 units and every one of them was taken up by a hiker.

They were all sat around the tables with Mark.

Acting on Marks advice we went out to look at the views of Lake Powell.

To access the main viewing areas a park pass was needed fortunately the one we bought in the Grand Canyon could be used.

The views were exceptional but I’m not sure it would be worth paying the 25 dollars for an hour’s viewing and photographing.

When we returned the hikers had taken our patio table and chairs and Mark was sitting amongst them.

I fancy he sent us on that viewing spree, so he could get on with the hoe down with his hiker mates and borrow our tables and chairs.

Dinner was at Big Johns BBQ a short walk from the unit. It was very busy outdoors, so we settled for an indoor table.

I hate BBQ so stuck to a chicken salad let’s face it it’s impossible to barbeque a salad I think they had given it a go though.

The others weren’t too impressed with theirs because the sauce was very rich.

Our server Christine was a bit of an rrse the others had finished their meal I was still eating she asked if we wanted anything else we declined she started writing up the bill and as soon as I had taken the last mouthful she whipped my plate away.
I had to hand her my cutlery as I didn’t get chance to put it down. I would have said something, but I was still chewing.

She slapped the bill on the table and off she went. We put the 75 dollars in the folder, no tip and circled her name on the receipt and wrote “Impolite”.

Of course more beer and barefoot were consumed.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Fab views. More please! Loving this.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great photos - how many bottles of Barefoot were consumed by now?
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glen Canyon Dam is huge! Lake Powell looks spectacular, that park pass really did come in handy.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List