Notices

Old 3 Apr 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BabyM
Very Serious Dibber

Dopey, Grumpy and the Fairest of them all. Updated 3/7/19

This is my very first trip report, after reading and enjoying so many on here I've decided to give it ago so I hope you all enjoy.

The cast
Dopey aka Dad also known as Tim. Age 62. Been to Florida 9 times prior to this trip. Big lover of Dad jokes (could leave him on the jungle cruise all day and he'd be in his element) and wearing shorts (oh yes all year round that is).

Grumpy aka my boyfriend as of 3 years ago, also known as James. Age 31 (32 by the time we go). Been to Florida once before back in 2017 where I dragged him for his first trip. Big lover of Test Track, Toy story mania and the Japan pavillion (never spent so long there until our last trip).

The fairest of the all aka me also known as Charlotte. Age 31 (32 by the time we go). Been to Florida 10 times prior to this trip. Big lover of Tower of Terror (I end up laughing the whole way through) and well everything.

How the trip came about
So let's go back to 2017 when Grumpy and I were planning our first big trip as a couple. I had persuaded him that Florida was the only place to go and whilst he agreed to go he was somewhat apprehensive. So during our planning my Dad aka Dopey helped to build our itinerary, tell Grumpy about rides and generally have advice to him about what to expect. So during our holiday Grumpy who decided that he did like Disney after all turned to me and said "when we come back we should bring your dad." Well I of course jumped at the chance to have another trip and have the two most important men in my life to share it with me. I know going on holiday with your Dad when your 31 sounds strange but my Dad has had to bring me and my sister up alone since I was 10 after my mum died, he is my best friend and we are very close.

The plan
The first thing we decided was the dates for travel, me being a teacher ties us to the school holidays. So we looked at the last 2 weeks of August, 15th or 16th out for 2 weeks, whilst deliberating my cousin informs us that he is getting married on the 15th so that pretty much decided our date for holiday. The 16th is our departure for 2 weeks.

Dad doesn't want to go to Universal which James and I will visit plus we all decided we would like to visit Kennedy Space center which will be a first for us all. After some consideration we decided upon Port Orleans Riverside with QSDP so we have the use of the buses and we will hire a car at some point so we can go off-site.

It's now January 2019 and what have we booked?
Hotel with QSDP and Disney tickets
Kennedy space center tickets
Insurance
ESTA's

Still to book
Flights (these are driving us mad at the moment but we will get there)
Universal tickets
Magical express
Car

Still to decide
With my cousin getting married we have got to decide whether to leave the wedding after the speeches and dinner to do twilight check in with overnight airport stay or stay at the wedding then make the journey to the airport the following morning.

February 2019
Well we have now booked our flights, paid a bit more than we would have liked but we have direct flights which is a big priority for us. So Thomas Cook Gatwick to Orlando and back again done. During February our ADR day opened up and although we aren't on the DDP we still wanted to book a few meals and luckily got all we wanted at the times we wanted too. So Be our guest lunch, garden grill breakfast, t-rex dinner and coral reef dinner are all booked.
The magical express has now been booked and our itinerary is taking shape.

March 2019
Last couple of things have now been booked which means other than our fastpasses we are done. Car hire has been booked for the middle part of the holiday, pick up and drop off at Disney car care, so we can drive to Kennedy space center, the outlets and James and I can get to Universal studios. We have had a bit of a panic this month as we looked up Thomas Cook baggage sizing and thought our suitcases would be too big so quick trip into the loft and luckily we are just on the allowance, phew.

Still to do
Fastpasses
Spending money

Edited at 08:54 PM.
BabyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Grumpy sounds great for suggesting Dopey goes with you!

And big thumbs up for your special relationship with your dad!

Your trip sounds amazing looking forward to more...
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

Sounds fantastic !
Two men to spoil you ...what more could any girl want !
Look forward to your report
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Sounds fab ..looking forward to more!
Old 3 Jul 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BabyM
Very Serious Dibber

July update

So it's been a while and in those months things have progressed including me getting a new job! So other than starting that and taking on the new learning, Dopey had started the itinerary which then got changed multiple times with input from myself and Grumpy. Dopey had also started the packing spreadsheet and picking up little bits, Grumpy has bought new trainers which he is wearing in and we have all done some clothes shopping. We have booked some meals which although we are not on the full DDP we will pay for OOP. We have chosen a
Garden Grill breakfast
Happen Edo lunch
Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' lunch
Coral Reef dinner (for Grumpy and I as it's our anniversary whilst there)

So after booking these we had the long wait until the next stage which after paying the holiday off (hate the bit where your account looks so much worse but you know it's for a good reason) was fastpasses which after many nerves and questions of will we get what we want? It all went relatively smoothly, even when having to book separate things for Dopey.

I thought then that other than spending money which we will change over probably at the beginning of August we were done until I saw the thread yesterday about the new magic bands having stock I fortunately managed to get one for each of us but the others don't know yet. I have the castle, Grumpy has The Nightmare before Christmas and Dopey is getting a Donald Duck one.

So that's it for now and our to do list now includes

Spending money
Packing

Thanks for reading.