Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

I would never book the Flam railway through P&O as they will fleece you! You can book online before you go, or can usually buy tickets on the day - we went in August and it showed no availability online, we asked at the ticket office on the day and got tickets for all 8 of us 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Its showing no availability for us direct at the mo for the railway, only very early and late times which won't work. Good to know we might still be able to do it on the day if we want- I've heard its best to wait and see if you get a clear day anyway!
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Tbh we did the Flam Railway and bought tickets on the day. Still regretted it as it was still massively expensive for what you see. The trains are rammed and people near the windows stand up blocking a lot of the views. My sister and her family didn’t bother and did the miniature railway instead and said it was brilliant and a fraction of the cost.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We’ve also booked a Norwegian fjords cruise with P&O so am following this thread with great interest and making lots of notes. It’ll be our first ever cruise but we don’t go until 2020 so loads of time to research!
Old 4 Apr 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Tbh we did the Flam Railway and bought tickets on the day. Still regretted it as it was still massively expensive for what you see. The trains are rammed and people near the windows stand up blocking a lot of the views. My sister and her family didn’t bother and did the miniature railway instead and said it was brilliant and a fraction of the cost.
Where is the miniature railway, is it easy to get to? Will be travelling with a train-obsessed 3yr old!
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Where is the miniature railway, is it easy to get to? Will be travelling with a train-obsessed 3yr old!
You can’t miss it. It’s practically next to the other train station right next to where the ships berth. There’s a small railway museum too.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

You can’t miss it. It’s practically next to the other train station right next to where the ships berth. There’s a small railway museum too.
Thanks! Sounds like he'd love it. And my brother in law would love the museum!
Old 8 Apr 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on someone with limited mobility doing excursions etc. My mum has parkinsons, and although she gets around okay, some days are worse than others. She certainly doesn't need a wheelchair or anything, just some days she can't walk for a long time. I see there is a hop on hop off bus in Bergen- do they have them at the other ports too?

She is starting to ask me about plans for the cruise so I want to give her some ideas!
Old 8 Apr 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on someone with limited mobility doing excursions etc. My mum has parkinsons, and although she gets around okay, some days are worse than others. She certainly doesn't need a wheelchair or anything, just some days she can't walk for a long time. I see there is a hop on hop off bus in Bergen- do they have them at the other ports too?

She is starting to ask me about plans for the cruise so I want to give her some ideas!
Hop on hop off bus at Bergen is brilliant. It starts near where the ships dock. You can buy a funicular ticket with the bus ticket that saves queuing.

Flam is fairly flat and easy to negotiate in the centre.

Don’t know about the other ports as we didn’t dock there.
Old 8 Apr 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Hop on hop off bus at Bergen is brilliant. It starts near where the ships dock. You can buy a funicular ticket with the bus ticket that saves queuing.

Flam is fairly flat and easy to negotiate in the centre.

Don’t know about the other ports as we didn’t dock there.
Thank you the bus and funicular sounds like a winner. If shes tired she can just do the bus and we can always get off and wander!