Notices

Old 10 Apr 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tka View Post
Could you not just say it was marketing mail if he asks? say you binned it to avoid temptation of booking a resort?
He hasn't asked yet but that's what my friend said to say. I hid in the bathroom with it 🤣 I'm normally quite good thinking on the spot but this caught me off guard haha xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ha ha, we get Disney mail all the time as I'm forever asking for them to send me s new little big book of magic, so no one here would bat an eye. How exciting though it means it's getting closer!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ha ha, we get Disney mail all the time as I'm forever asking for them to send me s new little big book of magic, so no one here would bat an eye. How exciting though it means it's getting closer!
He hasn't mentioned it thankfully! I've hidden it for now but I'll need to add it into the documents folder before we go

Well a little update.

I've just bought the Hash House A Go Go voucher on Travel Zoo ($29 for $50 voucher towards food and drink) I've seen on trip reports and FB groups that the portion sizes in here are HUGE so I decided to bite the bullet and get the voucher. As the kid's pretty much eat the same we'll probably get them one to share and they can also share ours.

Chris asked Noah what his favourite food was in Florida the other day (Noah said he didn't know I don't think he liked much bless him) and Chris said his was the Nachos from Magic Kingdom (yes he's still banging on about them ) but he can't get them this time. So it looks like I'm going to have to cancel BoG as I know he will want to eat at Pecos Bills again I really wanted to try the Croque Madame

5 weeks today and we'll be in the airport boarding right about now I sorted Noah's wardrobe out yesterday so thought I may as well sort his holiday clothes whilst I was on so his are done. Plan on sorting Thomas's this week and asking Caitlin to sort hers too. I've given the MIL a couple of new dresses I bought to take up for me as I'm so short so once they're done I'll sort my clothes out too.

Mr Grump and I are gonna head to the metro in 2 weeks to get the last bits (mainly cheap tops for me) I lost another 1lb on Friday so 12lb so far. Really hoping to have that stone off before we go so fingers crossed!

Now I said I was going to book for next year with the free DDP, however, I'm really undecided now I really want a new kitchen and to completely do the house up (just done the downstairs bathroom, hallway and landing) but we can't do both. It's also our 10th wedding anniversary next September so I'd like to do something really special (was thinking of a Disney Cruise ) Still got a week or so to decide though so we shall see x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Will have to look at the hash hash a go go voucher, booked a table a couple of weeks ago. Think its worth booking they seemed busy
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done on the weight loss! Hope I have the same determination when I try to do the pre trip half stone loss.. far too greedy to attempt the whole 14 pounds 😂😂 so exciting to see that envelope, glad no one has twigged though! Sounds like you have a bit of a dilemma for next year - why not do the cruise and look at 2021 for your next trip when hopefully even more stuff will be open for the anniversary celebrations. Nice choice to have though 😊👍your countdown has flown by, only seems like a few weeks ago I was reading your last pre trip! 😄 hope you have another great trip x
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Will have to look at the hash hash a go go voucher, booked a table a couple of weeks ago. Think its worth booking they seemed busy
I never thought to book a table ... might get one booked. Definitely get the voucher it's a bargain (can save some extra shopping money for the wife ) x

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Well done on the weight loss! Hope I have the same determination when I try to do the pre trip half stone loss.. far too greedy to attempt the whole 14 pounds 😂😂 so exciting to see that envelope, glad no one has twigged though! Sounds like you have a bit of a dilemma for next year - why not do the cruise and look at 2021 for your next trip when hopefully even more stuff will be open for the anniversary celebrations. Nice choice to have though 😊👍your countdown has flown by, only seems like a few weeks ago I was reading your last pre trip! 😄 hope you have another great trip x
Thank you I'm surprised how well I'm doing ... I normally manage 3 days then throw the towel in I'm sure you'll manage it no problem!

I was so worried I've sorted all the confirmations out today and put the Disney stuff in a sealed envelope for them with strict instructions not to open until 21st May after 4pm

So many choices, I'm sure I'll decide at some point

I know it really has, less than 5 weeks now! It's getting real! I'm going to redo my itinerary as it doesn't match my vacation planner so I'm going to update that then write a list of the restaurants I want to sign up to before we go with our 'Florida Email Address'

Hope everyone is doing ok. We're into the second week of the holidays ... got to say I can't wait for this time next week I need a break X
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Not much to update really other than it's almost 3 weeks but it doesn't feel like it this time, it's really weird!

I lost another 1lb last week taking me to 13lb lost. I've had to buy a belt for my jeans too. Hoping to get my 1 stone this week and that will be 1 stone in 6 weeks.

Last Friday was Noah's birthday so we went to the beach on Saturday, we enjoyed fish and chips, ice creams and playing balls games on the beach it was lovely.

Today I handed in anotehr assignment leaving 2 left to finish the course and before Orlando, one due next Tuesday and one due in just under 3 weeks. Fingers crossed. Today I received another mark back and it's the second highest mark I've ever got on the course ... 86%! My highest was last year at 88% absolutely over the moon with it as that now means I have completed 3 modules with distinction star (on par with a first class honours) should hopefully receive one more mark before holiday then I'll have 4 completed modules.

I think from tomorrow I can pre-order at BoG. As I think it's only me that wants to eat there I'll just pre order for myself, then if anyone else wants anything we can add it on when we check in on the day. I know Chris would love Pecos Bills so even if just I get something and we all get a seat in the air con that would do. We shall see.

Oh I have a question if anyone can answer? I've done online check in and I was going to take our magic bands and just go straight to our room. But I've been thinking ... we will need to go to reception anyway because we don't know the resort so will need directions? I can't remember if we were given them at POR as I was just so tired. So I'm thinking if we have to go to reception to get directions etc we might as well get the free magic bands? What would you do? xx
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh I have a question if anyone can answer? I've done online check in and I was going to take our magic bands and just go straight to our room. But I've been thinking ... we will need to go to reception anyway because we don't know the resort so will need directions? I can't remember if we were given them at POR as I was just so tired. So I'm thinking if we have to go to reception to get directions etc we might as well get the free magic bands? What would you do? xx
Hello! You won't need to go to reception, though you can do if you want to. The app has directions to your room built into it, it makes it super easy!
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lumosq102 View Post
Hello! You won't need to go to reception, though you can do if you want to. The app has directions to your room built into it, it makes it super easy!
Oh really! I mustn't have figured that out last time, I was way too tired haha. I think I'll just take ours then. It's already going to be late getting the CBR plus we'll actually have the car too so sure we'll find it ok. Thank you xx
Old 24 Apr 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh really! I mustn't have figured that out last time, I was way too tired haha. I think I'll just take ours then. It's already going to be late getting the CBR plus we'll actually have the car too so sure we'll find it ok. Thank you xx
anytime! I wish I had screenshot-ed from when we used it last year - essentially:

At the bottom of the screen it goes get directions, call hotel and then find on map which brings up the resort map.

And if you are having trouble with your magic bands they have now rolled out the opening your door through the app thing to all of the resorts too

Wishing you a wonderful trip - not long now!
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List