Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope you get sorted.

We have done a Disney cruise and also Navigator of the Seas (twice). With older kids/teenagers I would hands-down say the Navigator was bette - even without the recent refurbishment and the savings. We can't wait to go back again to see the improvements now she's had her make-over. Have an amazing time!
Old 7 Apr 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sue F View Post
Hope you get sorted.

We have done a Disney cruise and also Navigator of the Seas (twice). With older kids/teenagers I would hands-down say the Navigator was bette - even without the recent refurbishment and the savings. We can't wait to go back again to see the improvements now she's had her make-over. Have an amazing time!
Good to know Sue thanks. The Navigator refurb looks superb, I'm looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 9 Apr 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
I take it all back!
Emailed Disney cruise complaints this morning, very nice email understanding that they didn’t need to do anything for me but expressing my disappointment that they didn’t show any compassion and try to help.
Just had a phone call from a lovely lady who has moved all my money onto the equivalent cruise next Easter, same room, dining etc. I’ve got until the final payment date in January to move to another cruise or different room etc. It’s around £600 more than I had paid this year but on the plus side everyone has now refunded me directly so I don’t need to claim on insurance where I would have lost £400 in excess.

Now I’ve got 2 weeks til flights are out and the nervous Skyscanner searching begins...
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, what a sad time for you all. I didn't see your first post as I would have recommended emailing them instead of calling. The reps on the phones are not generally permitted to bend any rules at all, so I'm not surprised they couldn't help at all. So pleased they've helped you out now.

Joa
Old 9 Apr 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I'm never sure why people feel the need to justify booking elsewhere - different cruises suit different people and nobody should ever feel that one size fits all - it doesn't.

For some teens, of course they'll love all of the stuff on other ships, but for some, DCL suits them. It really doesn't matter.

Book what you feel is a good cost and enjoy your cruise!

My sister is trying to persuade us to try a P&O cruise next year - we're not against it at all - what's not to love about £750 each (inside) and you get toasted tea cakes every afternoon? Itinerary is nice, ships looks lovely (don't they all) and it goes out and back from Southampton so 2 hours for us.
We're just waiting on other people making up their minds really.
Old 15 Apr 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
I take it all back!
Emailed Disney cruise complaints this morning, very nice email understanding that they didn’t need to do anything for me but expressing my disappointment that they didn’t show any compassion and try to help.
Just had a phone call from a lovely lady who has moved all my money onto the equivalent cruise next Easter, same room, dining etc. I’ve got until the final payment date in January to move to another cruise or different room etc. It’s around £600 more than I had paid this year but on the plus side everyone has now refunded me directly so I don’t need to claim on insurance where I would have lost £400 in excess.

Now I’ve got 2 weeks til flights are out and the nervous Skyscanner searching begins...
So sorry to hear about your Dad. I am glad that Disney were able to help you.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

We rang Disney this evening to transfer a cruise. We were very impressed how quickly we got through and how helpful they were.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
I'm never sure why people feel the need to justify booking elsewhere - different cruises suit different people and nobody should ever feel that one size fits all - it doesn't.

For some teens, of course they'll love all of the stuff on other ships, but for some, DCL suits them. It really doesn't matter.

Book what you feel is a good cost and enjoy your cruise!

My sister is trying to persuade us to try a P&O cruise next year - we're not against it at all - what's not to love about £750 each (inside) and you get toasted tea cakes every afternoon? Itinerary is nice, ships looks lovely (don't they all) and it goes out and back from Southampton so 2 hours for us.
We're just waiting on other people making up their minds really.
Yes, not sure about some of the older P&O ships, but I would like to try Britannia at some point. And the idea of Southampton and a lot of the shorter cruises P&O offer make me fairly certain we will get round to it at some point!
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
I had to give up DLC cruises years ago due to pricing.

Been on loads of different cruises since with all sorts of cruise lines. Just got back from a Marella all inclusive cruise adult only. We paid £1500 give or take a few quid, 7 night cruise in. Junior suite with a massive balcony, plus 4 nights in a hotel in Calla Bona which was fantastic and it included all flights and transfers too. It was a bargain, now it wasn’t perfect, but it does mean that i can have another holiday later in the year.

When my son was younger he enjoyed Carnival, he never got to experience RCL, but having been on their ships with just DH I know he would have loved them too.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse

Edited at 09:28 PM.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

YT - Let us know what you think as I was looking at that cruise it looks fantastic!
Old 3 May 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Good to know Sue thanks. The Navigator refurb looks superb, I'm looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes.
got off NOTS just over a week ago!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List