Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Apr 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHippyJesus
I want to go now!

Alamo categories at MCO

I am looking at hiring a car with Alamo at MCO. The options available are Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Standard and Full Size. I believe that these names do not directly correlate with the names of the rows at MCO. Does anyone know which row you are assigned for each category?
TheHippyJesus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheHippyJesus View Post
I am looking at hiring a car with Alamo at MCO. The options available are Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Standard and Full Size. I believe that these names do not directly correlate with the names of the rows at MCO. Does anyone know which row you are assigned for each category?
I'm going back probably 5yrs or so - a guy ahead of us in the queue said there are no Economy cars at MCO, so always book these (apparently at the time the US Alamo site would not allow you to do so, but the UK one would). Book an Economy and it's an instant upgrade to Compact.

Back in February we had a Compact booked but the [small] Compact row was empty so we were told to take any Mid-Size car of our choice.

I have no idea how Alamo police these upgrades, as we were given nothing by the attendant in the garage who told us to take a Mid-Size. They only "marry-up" your booking to the car at the exit barrier. The rental agreement clearly showed the var category booked & category driven as being different - but $0 additional charges.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Mobile

They book all the cars into the spaces by iPad which then links to the gate on the way out

If the car is in your row you are free to take it without a upgrade charge
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHippyJesus
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Gaz Lear View Post
They book all the cars into the spaces by iPad which then links to the gate on the way out

If the car is in your row you are free to take it without a upgrade charge
Thanks. I am aware of this but was wondering which rows match up to the categories when booking online
TheHippyJesus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Thanks. I am aware of this but was wondering which rows match up to the categories when booking online
With the exception of economy ( which there are non)the rows are marked as per the size
So intermediate are in intermediate row.

But if you can’t find then there lots of reps going about to guide you.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
arabella
Serious Dibber

i have booked with virgin and have taken their car hire, which is an economy car

little confused, when i get to almo at MCO there are no economy cars what am I to do then?

2020, couldn't go to go Endless Summer, Universal
arabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

They will give you a free upgrade.
Old 19 Apr 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHippyJesus
I want to go now!

Is there a standard row? I can't find any information about this row
Old 19 Apr 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Unless we want a minivan I always book the 2 seater economy - I know they start at 4 door compacts so why wouldn't I save a few quid (usually saves literally about £3 :-D but not the point!)

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Is there a standard row? I can't find any information about this row
If there’s standard cars there will be a standard row.
They aren’t trying to catch you out,
Same goes for all the types of SUVs minivans etc.
The only ones I’ve not seen a row for is trucks. They tend to be scattered between STD or full size sedans and SUVs
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List