Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Apr 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Mobile Allergies

Hi, I am hoping someone may be able to help ...
I am taking my two Granddaughters who will be 2 and 4 next Feb and they are both Dairy free and the youngest is also soya free ... we are staying in a villa so can do a supermarket shop ... but we do want to eat out ! Any body have any experience of which restaurants cater the best ... any advice would be great ! My daughter has already posted on her MPA page ... but I thought there may be some family’s on here that have similar problems ? Thanks xxx
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You might want to look at the allergyfreemose.com for a guide to Disney’s allergy free dinning
You will find US restaurants much more geared up than the uk you just have to ask
Publix has the biggest free from section but free from products can be found in the aisle beside the normal things in the same category
The choice is much better than the UK as well
Or allergyeats/ Disney it’s a great site you click your allergy then which park and it will show the best options

Edited at 10:40 AM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

On site you will have no problems. The ease of eating anywhere we want knowing we will always find plenty to eat is part of what keeps us going back. (We have three allergies/intolerances to cover across different people in the family - dairy, gluten, and nightshades like tomato and pepper.)

At any quick serve or sit down with a menu, you can ask for the allergen menu and they will hand you a special menu with everything clearly labelled rather than the spreadsheet type chart I often find in restaurants at home. At a buffet, they will give you a leaflet with a list of everything and also offer to walk you through. If you are worried about contamination, they will cook you something in the kitchen that has not touched the buffet. There are also some allergy-friendly items you can order at a buffet that won't be out but they bring to your table - like the allergy-friendly Mickey waffles at a breakfast, cookies or dairy-free ice cream for dessert.

I don't have specific advice for local off-site places in Florida as we stay on-site, but you will be able to find milk alternatives and such without trouble.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

All of Disney restaurants have allergen menus. In fact MDE has the menu’s with allergy sections on so you can browse (even from home now!) and have a look at what’s on offer.

We didn’t venture offsite only Disney and Universal and did totally fine.
Old 18 Apr 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

In the states restaurants are so much better than here. When seated you need to tell your server, they will then go and get you a chef who will make note of the allergies and ask what you’d like them to make, they will then be the only person to touch that meal and will deliver it to the table themselves. We’ve found everywhere we’ve eaten with ds to be very very good
Old 18 Apr 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That’s great ... thank you ! I thought the US would be more geared up towards allergies ! I can let my Daughter know and put her mind at rest xx
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
BeautyAndTheTwe
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Once your at Disney you will have no problem, they are amazing with allergies and have separate kitchens. I have a gluten intolerance and they are always wonderful, that's why I always go back too haha! Have a great time
BeautyAndTheTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Our DS is Dairy-Free and we had no issues in getting dairy free alternatives during our last trip, although in some cases I did feel a bit bad for him as a lot of quick service restaurants kept on offering the same two or three options (chicken tenders EVERYWHERE)
However, if you do some research before hand you'll find several really good options around the parks and WDW resorts.
Highlights during our trip was a Chicken & Broccoli roast dinner made specifically for him at the Riverside food mill @ POR, BOG quick service breakfast with diary-free pastries and the Dairy-Free skillets at O'Hana / Garden Grill breakfasts.

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List