Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Apr 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Honestly, it’s the one thing that’s stressing me over the trip 😃 I’m rubbish at crossing busy roads anywhere in the world so can’t imagine how I’m going to cope in HCM. I have said I’m only going anywhere if it’s on the same side of the road as our hotel 😂
Best bit of advice we were given was to hold the t-shirt of a local! They don’t mind. 😎
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Best bit of advice we were given was to hold the t-shirt of a local! They don’t mind. 😎
I’m depending on our son to get us across safely but I will remember your tip for when he isn’t around 😃
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I guess I'd like the best of both worlds. I'd like to see some of a country /city then have a week relaxing in a nice hotel ( preferably AI) .
Is such a thing possible.
Another thought had been S.Africa with safari then a week in either Seychelles or Mauritus BUT our daughter will be going to S Africa in the Easter so we've ruled that out as she'll no doubt want to see somewhere else ( albit she'll be building a school whilst there so doubt much time for sightseeing).

Thanks
Going back to your original suggestion of Malaysia that would seem to fulfil your criteria very well. The combination we did on our recent trip of a few days in KL then to Borneo for the wildlife and dramatic scenery and then on to Langkawi for a chill, was great. Internal flights in Malaysia were very cheap. Quite adventurous but nice accommodation- no roughing for us, we’re too old!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Going back to your original suggestion of Malaysia that would seem to fulfil your criteria very well. The combination we did on our recent trip of a few days in KL then to Borneo for the wildlife and dramatic scenery and then on to Langkawi for a chill, was great. Internal flights in Malaysia were very cheap. Quite adventurous but nice accommodation- no roughing for us, we’re too old!
Our son also visited KL and Langkawi. He said it was a wonderful experience and his photos were amazing.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Malaysia, KL and Sabah region of Borneo are fab. We did a week in Borneo bookended by KL. We did a few days at the beach which I wouldn't bother with again as would rather be out seeing the wildlife.
We will be returning and venturing further afield from KL and also the Sarawak region of Borneo.

South America? Peru is a fabulous country and you could incorporate a walk to Machu Picchu. Bolivia, Costa Rica and Argentina are also on the list.

India had some fab areas too. We have done the golden tiangle and you can see wildlife too in this trip we saw a tiger at ranthambore national Park. We want to go back and see kerela.

Kenya is good for safari. But Botswana, Rwanda and Tanzania are also on the list.

Vietnam and Cambodia also sound amazing.

Having said that we are planning a US road trip for next year..

Edited at 12:49 PM.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Non US places we have been: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Bora Bora, Hong Kong, Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Bali, Tanzania & Zanzibar, Galápagos Islands, Brazil (just Rio), Costa Rica.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Honestly, it’s the one thing that’s stressing me over the trip 😃 I’m rubbish at crossing busy roads anywhere in the world so can’t imagine how I’m going to cope in HCM. I have said I’m only going anywhere if it’s on the same side of the road as our hotel 😂
Whenever I cross any road in SE Asia I just tend to go (unless it’s a crossing with a green man which is rare). The traffic won’t stop for you even if you are waiting so I just tend to be confident and walk across! The mopeds should just drive around and avoid you. I mean it’s petrifying the first time you do it but everyone does so you get used to it

Just don’t dawdle! If you go then you have to commit!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

We did Hong Kong, Penang, Langkawi and Borneo a few years back. Could have skipped Penang as it didn't live up to expectations. Borneo was great, especially the whitewater rafting, stayed at Rasa RIA Resort by the Orang Utan sanctuary.
Just did Cape Town, SF in February... superb... yes...your money does go further. We rented a house in Camps Bay near the beach with Table Mountain behind us.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
We did Hong Kong, Penang, Langkawi and Borneo a few years back. Could have skipped Penang as it didn't live up to expectations. Borneo was great, especially the whitewater rafting, stayed at Rasa RIA Resort by the Orang Utan sanctuary.
Just did Cape Town, SF in February... superb... yes...your money does go further. We rented a house in Camps Bay near the beach with Table Mountain behind us.
There are no orangutans at rasa ria now. They went back to Sepliok.

Tbh if wildlife is the focus, Kinabatangan river is best place to go, and for certain orangutan the sanctuary at Sepliok.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

DD is travelling at the moment she said as far as adventurous opportunities go New Zealand is amazing (as well as stunningly beautiful) although on her backpacking budget she couldn’t do much she did do a skydive😱.
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List