VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Heading into the Sunset Day 13 - IHOP, Wintersummerland and DTD

Weather today very hot, high 80s, short heavy shower mid pm.

We decided on a lazy day today and spent the first few hours doing very little, reading and lazing with the occasional dip in the pool, before going for brunch at the IHOP up on the 192. We really enjoyed it on our first morning and were looking forward to our meal. It didn't disappoint - we had a server called Patty who was really helpful, encouraging us to use 10% off vouchers and gave excellent service. Russ had the Sampler Breakfast, Helen had a Pancake Combo and I had Eggs Benedict and a half stack of Cinnamon pancakes which I'd had last time and are absolutely gorgeous! The Eggs Benedict was better than any I've eaten in any hotel. For the 3 of us with drinks and using a voucher, it was $37. We were very full!

Our plan next was to have another game of mini golf, this time at WinterSummerland and we went straight there, getting in free with our WDW tickets. We decided on the Summer course and played in 2 groups of 3 again. Everyone really loved the theming and it was a great way to spend an hour. Even better - I won! and Russell came last again, he knows he has a lot of catching up to do next time we go. Once again we noticed how many more people are using the golf due to it being included in the tickets now.

Everyone but Russell and I were off to Disney Quest next, I like the idea of it, but can't stand the noise and confusion inside ( this is when I know I'm getting older). We had other plans which included beer and cocktails. We left them all there, agreed to meet later and wandered down to Raglan Road where we sat outside at the bar, and I had a 'One for the Road' cocktail and Russ had a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat beer while we people watched and enjoyed the sun. They went down very nicely ... so we had another :-). $32.50 for the 4 drinks.

I wanted a few bits from the shops, so we made our way along to the the Market Place and spent some time in the World of Disney, the Memories store and Goofys Candy co, buying gifts and souvenirs. At 6pm we were waiting outside DQ as arranged - no signs of them, so we went in for a look but couldn't find them or make them hear their phones. Giving up, I bought a lovely Sorcerer Mickey mug as the prize for our game competition, and a set of pens so everyone had a runner up prize, we were then forced to get wine and beer from the House of Blues and sit outside waiting for them! They weren't too long, and joined us in a drink, and Helen bought a top from House of Blues. They had all loved DQ and planned to go back before the holiday ended. The IHOP brunch had filled us all day, and we decided on supper at the villa.

On the way back we stopped at Winn Dixie for wings, pizza, salad and ice cream which we all were ready for and had a lovely relaxed supper on the patio. Helen and I had discovered a lovely drink called Budlite Lime Strawberita - yummy with ice in it, so we had a few of those and just enjoyed chilling out. I annoyed myself before bed, by dropping and breaking the lovely mug I'd bought earlier, and Jack bless him, offered to pay for it. This was the only blip in another fab day :-)

DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List