Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Shopperholic
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Same Geoffa, we went on a tour of the Capitol a few weeks ago but haven't got round to building the Lego set. It's a big set with lots of white pieces so doesn't look like an exciting build. We have the Lincoln Memorial and White House built so they'll be a nice little trio when the Capitol is done.
We have those three too and yet to build the Capitol. They are great memories as we have had two fab visits to Washington.
Shopperholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shopperholic
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
(we were all in heaven at the German Lego land this year in the shop which was full of single brick etc by weight and more minifigure pieces than you could imagine!).

Oh like mindstorms/robotics type stuff.
Have you been to the pic a brick walls in the lego stores in the UK. You pay by the tub and its perfectly acceptable to snap the pieces together to take up less room and thus get more for your money. You can fill the hole in the lid with a bit of clever thinking. They also have the build your own minifigs section.
Shopperholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have a lot of the Christmas sets...would dearly love the Cinderella Castle, but it's a bit to expensive for me.

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shopperholic View Post
Have you been to the pic a brick walls in the lego stores in the UK. You pay by the tub and its perfectly acceptable to snap the pieces together to take up less room and thus get more for your money. You can fill the hole in the lid with a bit of clever thinking. They also have the build your own minifigs section.
We have been to the Leicester Square shop and done pick a brick but the choice in legoland Germany was amazing! Although as it's done by weight hot tub it's harder to get good value
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I've been trying to answer this without just listing every set I've built
I love Star Wars so they are my favourite to buy but I try to limit myself to the ones I love the most otherwise I would have no money left! The Death Star and BB8 have been my favourites to build.

I also enjoyed building pirates of the Caribbean sets and Wall-E.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We have a few Harry Potter sets, just small ones but we had them out on display until we moved.

I went to buy Dh an architecture set last year for Christmas but walked out with The Tardis. I just couldn't pass it up.

I love the smaller sets but I'd find it hard to justify £100s for the larger sets as we don't have the room to display them permanently.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

My favourite theme is a tough one... Historically it would be Technic. I love the mechanisms involved and have managed to rebuild about 99% of the Test Car set I was bought when I was about 10 years old.

I also really like the winter sets. We have the bakery, toy shop, santas grotto, carousel and train. We'll pick up station next month too when it's double points. We've added loads of extra details from various other winter sets to make a nice festive village.

I also want to buy more modulars. I have the Palace cinema and it was a fantastic detailed build. Loved it.
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Live4holidays
Getting to know the DIBB

I love the modulars, I have the pet shop, cinema, detectives office,restaurant,brick bank and assembly square. I think my favourite is the restaurant although assembly square is quite amazing.

I'm currently trying to source parts to recreate the older modulars I missed out on.

My daughter loves lego friends and my son loves star wars and city stuff. So as you can imagine our house is full of plastic bricks!
Live4holidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
minniemouse
Looking for Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Only just found this forum.

Disney castle is my ultimate lego model, but as far as themes go, I love the modulars and have several.