Notices

Old 21 Jul 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Ahh the only time would be Disney Springs on your day 11 which is our day 5. We have an ADR at either Chef Arts or T-Rex, could maybe meet for a drink at Starbucks or something

Yes I do, it's in my signature. I think I might links to everyone's pre-trippies at the start of the thread along with the travel dates X
That would be great. Our ADR at STK is at 8pm and we are planning to head over to DS to look around and use up some spare (if any) snack credits earlier that evening. So, let me know what time you are going to DS, and we can meet at Starbucks 😀

Just read your pre-trippie. I really need to put some updates on ours. We are shopping Monday so may buy some Disney clothes ready for our trip so will post pics if we do
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That would be great. Our ADR at STK is at 8pm and we are planning to head over to DS to look around and use up some spare (if any) snack credits earlier that evening. So, let me know what time you are going to DS, and we can meet at Starbucks 😀

Just read your pre-trippie. I really need to put some updates on ours. We are shopping Monday so may buy some Disney clothes ready for our trip so will post pics if we do
I LOVE Disney clothes ... as you can tell in my trippie I've bought more since then but didn't want to bore everyone

We have a couple of reservations for between 4pm and 4.30pm. We haven't decided if it's going to be Chef Arts or T-Rex ... it will probably end up as T-Rex I think but we will have time after to meet. We're also popping to EOS to get some sandwiches as we go to Universal on the 1st for a night at RPR X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I LOVE Disney clothes ... as you can tell in my trippie I've bought more since then but didn't want to bore everyone

We have a couple of reservations for between 4pm and 4.30pm. We haven't decided if it's going to be Chef Arts or T-Rex ... it will probably end up as T-Rex I think but we will have time after to meet. We're also popping to EOS to get some sandwiches as we go to Universal on the 1st for a night at RPR X
We visited Universal last year for the first time. We loved it there, I am sure you will all love it too. We travel home on the first 😭

We could meet after your meal and before ours. Maybe pm on here nearer the day to finalise times 😊
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Update:
We are now well into our double digit days and have been enjoying a lovely long summer break. Georgia finished her AS exams on the 2nd of June and has not had to return to college since then. It seems like ages since she's been to college but I don't mind her being home, as I know she will soon be off to university and I will miss her then We have spent most of the weekends in June looking at universities. Some of these she seemed to have hated Exeter and there does seem to be one firm favourite Bristol!

We also had a beautiful week holiday in Venice. We had never visited Italy before but we were amazed by how pretty it was and the great food. We will certainly be looking at other parts of Italy to visit in the future.

We are very impatiently waiting for our fastpass day to arrive. I've paid off our balance to Virgin, so the only thing left to pay is the huge balance to Disney next month. Ouch!

Yesterday, we decided to catch the train to Cardiff to go shopping. We definitely didn't have enough Disney t-shirts, so we HAD to buy some more I tried on five Disney t-shirts in Primark but managed to finally restrain myself and only buy two. I chose this colourful all-over Mickey Mouse print t-shirt which is very thin and will be cool to wear around the parks. I also bought a Minnie t-shirt, which looks adorable, and a Minnie Mouse backpack that we thought would be useful for carrying our essentials for the parks (as we don't have Rob to wear the bumbag we took previously).

I also couldn't resist buying a few more t-shirts, although I already own about 10 Disney t-shirts. I bought a Groot t-shirt, Spiderman t-shirt and Marie one. I've been searching for the Groot t-shirt for a while, but I haven't been able to find it in my size anywhere. Until yesterday! I really love Spiderman Because you have a crush on Peter Parker I'm going to ignore that. So, I bought this Spiderman t-shirt, which was even better as it was reduced to £3.

That's all our updates for now. Georgia is still hunting for ideas for her MNSSHP costume and we are spending many hours considering what to fastpass.
Old 24 Jul 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

That's a very successful shopping trip! I have the Minnie t-shirt too! I've been looking for the multicoloured one but can't get it in my size sadly. I love the bag and was tempted myself however I decided that it would only get marked me and white don't mix haha.

That trip away looks lovely. My friend and I were just saying the other day we need to go to Italy. Her daughters just come back from Sorrento with her school and it looked beautiful. It's a shame about the wildfires at the moment though 😞

Well done Georgia. Is this her first year of college? What is she looking to study? I've just finished my first year at Uni, just 2 more to go xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

That's a very successful shopping trip! I have the Minnie t-shirt too! I've been looking for the multicoloured one but can't get it in my size sadly. I love the bag and was tempted myself however I decided that it would only get marked me and white don't mix haha.

That trip away looks lovely. My friend and I were just saying the other day we need to go to Italy. Her daughters just come back from Sorrento with her school and it looked beautiful. It's a shame about the wildfires at the moment though 😞

Well done Georgia. Is this her first year of college? What is she looking to study? I've just finished my first year at Uni, just 2 more to go xx
I was thrilled with Primark in Cardiff, as they had all sizes in all the Disney t-shirts, both Georgia and I were spoilt for choice. I love the bag, but fear it may be only a one trip bag, as it is very white

Our older son loves Italy, and he and his fiancee have visited many different parts. they recommended Venice to us, and we were really happy that he did. Sorrento may be next on our list

Yes, this is Georgia's first year in college. We still have AS level exams here in Wales, so she has just completed those. She is probably going to study Biology at uni, and would love to work in animal conservation at the moment. However, she feels Biology is a broad subject so can keep her options open and decide what she wants to do as the course goes on.

How have you found your first year at uni? Georgia is both nervous and looking forward to it, I think. Mostly nervous
Old 24 Jul 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I was thrilled with Primark in Cardiff, as they had all sizes in all the Disney t-shirts, both Georgia and I were spoilt for choice. I love the bag, but fear it may be only a one trip bag, as it is very white

Our older son loves Italy, and he and his fiancee have visited many different parts. they recommended Venice to us, and we were really happy that he did. Sorrento may be next on our list

Yes, this is Georgia's first year in college. We still have AS level exams here in Wales, so she has just completed those. She is probably going to study Biology at uni, and would love to work in animal conservation at the moment. However, she feels Biology is a broad subject so can keep her options open and decide what she wants to do as the course goes on.

How have you found your first year at uni? Georgia is both nervous and looking forward to it, I think. Mostly nervous
I hope it fairs up well, I find Primark things very hit and miss, some things will last a while some are one use

Definitely it looks amazing. I know hubby wants to do Rome and Venice, in a few years time maybe.

Well done Georgia! That's a great outlook to have, I have a similar one with my course. It's slightly different to 'real' university as it's through a local college, however, they are one of a few colleges in the Country that are allowed to create their own University degrees. I'm studying Business and Management, it's 2 years then my third year I do my Honours top up. I can choose which area I want to do this in, there's so many different areas to choose from which leaves my options quite open to what I want to do. When I first started I really struggled, however, I put it down to 1) I started 2 weeks later than everyone else and I was playing catch up and 2) I hadn't been in education for 5 years so it was hard getting back into the swing of things ... particularly Harvard Referencing. I passed the year with 3 Distinction * and 3 Distinction so I'm happy with that

It's an amazing experience which I'm sure you'll love. My only advice would be to make sure you do plenty of research into the University you want to attend, it's a long time to spend in an institution which you don't like. Please keep me updated with how you get on X
Old 24 Jul 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I agree re Primark, handy for park t-shirts but not particularly long lasting, more cheap and cheerful 😀

Business and Management sounds interesting. It is harder going back into education after time out I'm sure. Well done, I am sure it will be worth all the hard work.

Georgia is researching both the uni's, course modules and the cities thoroughly. We live in a very rural area, so the thought of city living is both exciting and nerve wracking for her, but she is looking forward to it. Bristol, her favourite at the moment, is only an hour away by car or train and she likes the idea of being away but still close.
Old 12 Aug 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

10 weeks to go! I can’t wait!
Since our last update, we spent a week in a cottage in Snowdonia. We really enjoyed spending time outdoors and taking our dog for walks in the beautiful countryside and coastal areas. It was so pretty and great for taking photos. Yes, Georgia, you managed to take over 1,500 photos there, so I can’t imagine how many you will take in Florida.

Yesterday, I paid our final balance to Disney. It’s a great feeling to know that everything is finally paid for I also gave in and paid for our outbound seats with Virgin(I already booked the inbound seats as it was a night flight and we wanted the two seats together and didn’t want a stranger dozing next to us ). I was starting to stress about whether we would get two seats together at 72 hours out so I had a look yesterday to see what seats were available and was lucky enough to get seats in the ‘bubble’ just in front of dibber’s row. That’s settled my mind and I’m looking forward to trying the bubble for the first time.
We have also made some changes to our ADRs, as I knew we would. We’ve changed my birthday meal (Twice) originally from Teppen Edo to Homecoming and now, we’ve decided on Chefs de France. I’m going to eat Crème Brulee. This is more my choice than Georgia’s but I don’t care because it’s my birthday It’s fine, as long as there’s food I don’t care Our second ADR change, we’re a little sad about but also excited because what we’ve changed it to looks fun. We had originally booked Whispering Canyon Café because we liked the fun element and the skillet but due to recent reviews saying that both the fun and the skillet are not as good as they used to be, we looked to change it. We took ages to decide between Trail’s End, Chef Mickeys and Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare. We chose the dinner with Cinderella and friends as this seems like another ‘fun’ meal and I love the idea of meeting Lady Tremaine and Anastasia and Drizella. I also preferred 1900 Park Fare meal as I love the Grand Floridian resort.

And you can have strawberry soup again. The only problem with our new booking is the time, as the meal is at 6:40pm and we want to be back at Magic Kingdom that evening for Happily Ever After at 9pm. I do think it’ll be fine but I’m keeping a look out for an earlier slot just in case.
That’s all for now. It’s less than two weeks until FP day which is very exciting! Georgia has FINALLY decided on what to wear to MNSSHP and we can’t wait to reveal this in our next update.
Old 12 Aug 18, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Not long at all till FP day now

Is there nowhere at the GF where you can watch the fireworks from, don't some places pipe the music in? Then you could go to MK another evening to watch them in the park?

Looking forward to seeing the outfits! X