Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great photos of the views!

Shame about the unwanted visitors though.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Wow Kate, so many beautiful sights today. All of it looks amazing and you covered so much ground while not having to rush.

Yep, parties of one or two sitting at tables for four is frustrating when space is limited and it means you have to split up .

The cabin looked very sweet and cosy but with all the wildlife you did so well to get through the evening without a major meltdown.

We are probably doing a big California road trip next summer but I’ve read quite a bit online about the PCH being a traffic nightmare in the summer holidays and parking at the sights being difficult (especially around Big Sur) and I was starting to have a rethink. From your photos it doesn’t look too busy and you haven’t mentioned having any problems with too many people or cars. Was it actually fine in your experience?

Looking forward to reading the rest .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Another perfect day apart from the unwanted wildlife in the cabin! How long would you say it took to drive from Monterey to Santa Barbara? We will be doing the identical drive before stopping for the night in Solvang

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great journey and photos! Not so good with the ants - I hate them and spiders too. 🐜

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What a lovely day 🙂
I’m with you in the ‘at one with nature’ I need a hotel room !
Thanks for posting, some great piccies 🇺🇸
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

That’s a lot of driving for one day!
But I’m with you on the camping, it just isn’t for me. Spiders and bugs etc are just not my thing! So you aren’t alone!

I’m glad you managed to get some sleep in the end.

Loving reading this report as I hope we can do the west coast when my kids are bigger.
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Lovely day until the end, beautiful photos, brought back lots of memories. Your little cabin looks lovely too, it’s a shame it didn’t turn out to be as good as it looks.
Thank you so much x

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
What a lovely day with such spectacular views , definitely too many too fit into a day makes we want to go back.
What a shame about the visitors to your cabin looked so cute and cosy.
Thank you I think if you weren't so fussed about that stuff then it was great - haha. x

Originally Posted by slow.jo View Post
My pet peeve is people taking up more space than they need grrr

Stunning photos!

Not an ideal end to the day - I am not a roughing it person either!

Jo xx
Haha thanks Jo x

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Some beautiful photos from today’s drive, how many lovely stops.

Eek to the end of the day though 😬 not sure I would have wanted to sleep up there either! X
Shudder... no I wouldn't go back but loved everything else about the day too x

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
A fantastic day until the wildlife! The beach looks lovely as does the burrito
Thank you - the burrito was lush x

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Fantastic day. That beach looked beautiful! 🏝
Thank you x

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Oh goodness! Spiders and mice! That’s why we only camp in the UK as I am not even slightly scared of British spiders 😂 The rest of the day looked gorgeous.
Haha I know, right? Thank you x

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Great photos of the views!

Shame about the unwanted visitors though.
Thank you x

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Wow Kate, so many beautiful sights today. All of it looks amazing and you covered so much ground while not having to rush.

Yep, parties of one or two sitting at tables for four is frustrating when space is limited and it means you have to split up .

The cabin looked very sweet and cosy but with all the wildlife you did so well to get through the evening without a major meltdown.

We are probably doing a big California road trip next summer but I’ve read quite a bit online about the PCH being a traffic nightmare in the summer holidays and parking at the sights being difficult (especially around Big Sur) and I was starting to have a rethink. From your photos it doesn’t look too busy and you haven’t mentioned having any problems with too many people or cars. Was it actually fine in your experience?

Looking forward to reading the rest .
Sorry it's taken me ages to see these and reply! Honestly no traffic at all or crowds on the PCH for us, I wonder if it's because we were in the latter half of August perhaps some of the US schools had gone back? Thank you xx

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Another perfect day apart from the unwanted wildlife in the cabin! How long would you say it took to drive from Monterey to Santa Barbara? We will be doing the identical drive before stopping for the night in Solvang
Ahh Solvang is so cute how nice to stay there - sorry I didn't see this to reply - hope you had the perfect holiday. x

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Great journey and photos! Not so good with the ants - I hate them and spiders too. 🐜
Ugh I know! Thanks x

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
What a lovely day 🙂
I’m with you in the ‘at one with nature’ I need a hotel room !
Thanks for posting, some great piccies 🇺🇸
Haha thank you x

Originally Posted by berniegroves View Post
That’s a lot of driving for one day!
But I’m with you on the camping, it just isn’t for me. Spiders and bugs etc are just not my thing! So you aren’t alone!

I’m glad you managed to get some sleep in the end.

Loving reading this report as I hope we can do the west coast when my kids are bigger.

Ahh thank you so much x

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List