Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jan 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
adambaz
Proud to wear my Ears

We are doing deluxe this year, having done standard + club last year.

We aren’t in club this time, so won’t have breakfast provided, so the upgrade to deluxe was to allow us an extra credit for that.

Ideally, I’d have liked an option to upgrade the standard 1QS+1TS to 2TS, but obviously that isn’t something that is offered.

Instead, we’re primarily doing character type breakfasts in the morning, and signature restaurants in the evening.

This should mean we actually eat less than last year, as instead of Club Breakfast, QS Lunch and TS Dinner, we’ll just be having TS Breakfast, snack lunch, and Signature Dinner.

So it doesn’t have to be about quantity of food - for us it’s more about experiencing different restaurants, especially breakfasts (which we did none of last year as we didn’t want to “waste” a TS credit, given we had it provided in Club anyway).

Edited at 08:46 AM.
adambaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by adambaz View Post

We aren’t in club this time, so won’t have breakfast provided, so the upgrade to deluxe was to allow us an extra credit for that.

Ideally, I’d have liked an option to upgrade the standard 1QS+1TS to 2TS, but obviously that isn’t something that is offered.

Instead, we’re primarily doing character type breakfasts in the morning, and signature restaurants in the evening.

This should mean we actually eat less than last year, as instead of Club Breakfast, QS Lunch and TS Dinner, we’ll just be having TS Breakfast, snack lunch, and Signature Dinner.

So it doesn’t have to be about quantity of food - for us it’s more about experiencing different restaurants, especially breakfasts (which we did none of last year as we didn’t want to “waste” a TS credit, given we had it provided in Club anyway).
I agree with your comment about quantity of food, we will not eat more because we will be on deluxe dining! It just means we have more options and that we are likely to do less QS venues actually means we will have smaller meals. We are not bothered about desserts and would rarely have one regardless of the plan, we do like a starter at dinner though so this way it is included and not OOP. Snack credits will be used on water and coffees.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by adambaz View Post

This is exactly what I would like - the option to use meal credits for either QS or TS like DxDDP offers. It would also be nice to be able to have either starter or dessert. We prefer TS meals but wouldn’t need 3 credits a day or 3 courses.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Does anyone know, if you are on deluxe DP but eat at a QS, do you get a starter included? I have ordered soup as a starter when we do BOG lunch. but I am not sure if I will need to pay for it?
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Does anyone know, if you are on deluxe DP but eat at a QS, do you get a starter included? I have ordered soup as a starter when we do BOG lunch. but I am not sure if I will need to pay for it?
I couldn’t at the PoR food court... they said it wasn’t included even on deluxe .. we didn’t try any other counter service restaurants so it might be different at other places ...

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
I couldn’t at the PoR food court... they said it wasn’t included even on deluxe .. we didn’t try any other counter service restaurants so it might be different at other places ...
Ok, I think I did read somewhere there was no QS starter even on deluxe so that is a bit of confirmation.
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Claudette just checked website it says one main one drink at CS. We never really eat at counter service with our credits as we get a good breakfast and tea so tend to use snack credits at lunchtime. We did pay out of pocket once whenEva wanted a pizza coming back late at night from the food court and I didn’t want to use a credit for a kids flatbread that cost 8.99

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Claudette just checked website it says one main one drink at CS. We never really eat at counter service with our credits as we get a good breakfast and tea so tend to use snack credits at lunchtime. We did pay out of pocket once whenEva wanted a pizza coming back late at night from the food court and I didn’t want to use a credit for a kids flatbread that cost 8.99
Thank you. I think I will ditch the QS lunch in that case, I didn't pay for an upgraded plan for a BOG sandwich.
Old 26 Jan 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
No you don't, but you could use a snack credit for the soup, then a QS credit for your meal and drink. BOG lunch is one of my favourite QS options.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked our honeymoon with first choice, as they offer all inclusive the package came with deluxe dining plan. We got such a good deal at Caribbean beach that it’s worked out the same as booking through Disney and upgrading to normal dining plan. We did standard plan in 2017 and we used every credit including snacks, I don’t understand how people have so much left, are we pigs?! 😂

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List