Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Feb 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. You can do OLCI whenever you like be it 11+ months in advance or the week you go.

Personally I wait until 2 weeks before as I do have a habit of cancelling and rebooking with somebody else!
However thats only if the price drops.
Yeah i've done that too but this time dont think we're going to get it any cheaper as its over the Easter holiday. Thanks again for your help
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
SkidSolo
Getting to know the DIBB

I'm a bit confused and don't want to put my details in the wrong site

I have a hire car booked with Virgin, and Alamo for July (booked through agent)

I followed the link Tom provided for online check in and skip the counter

'alamo.com/content/alamo/en_US/virgin.html' Sorry new user so I can post url's

But this did not recognise my booking number.

Subsequently I have looked through other threads and found this link

'alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html?irgwc=1&mcid=ImpactRadius:10079:30434 5&ir_cid=94fd0493Nb05162108f3e9563869af73b'

which doesn't show the Virgin logo as per the 1st link. However it does recognise my booking and when I log on to check in all the details appear correct
But it doesn't show anything about skip the counter (or is that on a subsequent page once I've pressed the check in button)

Any ideas anyone as I say I don't want to check in on the site that works and then loose the ability to skip the counter
Thanks
SkidSolo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SkidSolo View Post
I'm a bit confused and don't want to put my details in the wrong site

I have a hire car booked with Virgin, and Alamo for July (booked through agent)

I followed the link Tom provided for online check in and skip the counter

'alamo.com/content/alamo/en_US/virgin.html' Sorry new user so I can post url's

But this did not recognise my booking number.

Subsequently I have looked through other threads and found this link

'alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html?irgwc=1&mcid=ImpactRadius:10079:30434 5&ir_cid=94fd0493Nb05162108f3e9563869af73b'

which doesn't show the Virgin logo as per the 1st link. However it does recognise my booking and when I log on to check in all the details appear correct
But it doesn't show anything about skip the counter (or is that on a subsequent page once I've pressed the check in button)

Any ideas anyone as I say I don't want to check in on the site that works and then loose the ability to skip the counter
Thanks
I've never booked an Alamo car through Virgin - only through Alamo Brits direct or Andy at DFCH. When you completed the form linked by Tom in post #3 did it take you to a form that asked for your D/L and flight details? If so did it then say that you've completed "On line check-in"?

You may not actually see the words "skip the counter" but all you need after completion of OLCI is the bit of paper with a bar code at the top. Straight to the garage with that.

Mick
Old 6 Mar 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

You will have received an email from Virgin Holidays as they deal with the VA car hire.
Open the attachment and you will see a Booking ref looking something like this 56324XX where X is a number.
Go to the alamo/content/alamo/en_US/virgin.html site and enter renters name and the above booking ref.
If it does not work get back in touch with Virgin.

I did OLCI and Skip the counter last night with no problem!
Old 6 Mar 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SkidSolo
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi Guys thanks for the quick responses.
I haven't received an email from Virgin, just got a booking reference from the agent that booked the flydrive for me.
The flight reference is fine and I can use in Virgin app/website to confirm flight details

The agent then provided a reference for the car hire and this doesn't work in the site you provided Greyfriars (which is the same as Tom's in post 3) but it does work in a site from another post (which I cant include the link to I am afraid), which appears to be an Alamo site but doesn't include the Virgin logos

This site was posted by Mick under post How far in advance can you “skip the counter”? last post of page 1
My reference is something like 4AXXXXXA (A is alpha X is numeric)
Old 6 Mar 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
I haven't received an email from Virgin, just got a booking reference from the agent that booked the flydrive for me.
The flight reference is fine and I can use in Virgin app/website to confirm flight details

The agent then provided a reference for the car hire and this doesn't work in the site you provided Greyfriars (which is the same as Tom's in post 3) but it does work in a site from another post (which I cant include the link to I am afraid), which appears to be an Alamo site but doesn't include the Virgin logos

This site was posted by Mick under post How far in advance can you “skip the counter”? last post of page 1
The site I linked in the other thread was the standard Alamo one and certainly works with the numeric reference 128xxxxxxx that I had from DFCH. If the Virgin reference mentioned by Greyfriars doesn't work either all I can suggest is that you contact your agent and ask for an actual Alamo reference.

Andy sent me a confirmation with the 128 number on it, I did OLCI using the form that I linked then I got the bar code and, independently, a separate email from Alamo confirming the 128 number that Andy gave me.

Mick
Old 6 Mar 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3

If you can get in via the Alamo website which you say you can I would do the OLCI there.
It matters not which way you do it just the fact that you do it to save going to a desk.
The problem probably lies with the TA but I wouldn't sweat it and just carry on with the Alamo link.
Same result either way.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
If you can get in via the Alamo website which you say you can I would do the OLCI there.
It matters not which way you do it just the fact that you do it to save going to a desk.
The problem probably lies with the TA but I wouldn't sweat it and just carry on with the Alamo link.
Same result either way.
Cool again Tom but warming up tomorrow.

Mick
Old 6 Mar 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Cool again Tom but warming up tomorrow.

Mick
Mick. Cool! Freezing more like. Pool tomorrow as it’s going to be nice again
Awesome meal again at Longhorns last night. May do a take out from there on Saturday so I can have a decent drink in the Villa then.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
SkidSolo
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi, I've made some progress, but still not sure I've managed to complete the skip the counter part. I've checked in via the website I could access and managed to get a bar code on the top of the online check in confirmation. However the email I subsequently received and at the bottom of the check in confirmation both say I should take the elevator down to the first level and then proceed to Alamo counter to obtain rental agreement and vehicle keys
NB I've also not been asked for any payment details. But Tom did mention this wasn't essential