Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Feb 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Goodie bags for 1st time cruises

Hi all

Going on our 6th cruise in August but it's the first for the rest of my family- my parents, my sister, her husband and their almost 3yr old.

I wanted to put together small goodie bags for each of them with items that are helpful to cruisers that they might not thought to have brought with them.

So far I have: Lanyards and holders for cruise cards
Magnets to stick the dailies to the wall
Highlighter for activities on the daily
Sea sickness pills and wrist bands
Small torch for the couple in the inside cabin (we find this super useful for getting up in the night to use the loo without having to turn the light on)

Not sure about:
Large towel clips- great for windy sea days but as it's a Fjords cruise I'm not sure much sunbathing will happen!

I need more any ideas! Anyone have any? Not looking to spend a fortune.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJim
Excited about Disney

What about the coffee cups with the screw on lids, and a water bottle for the kids for the soda machines?
I had personalised Disney stickers made to put on them so we all knew which was ours!
JoJim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJim View Post
What about the coffee cups with the screw on lids, and a water bottle for the kids for the soda machines?
I had personalised Disney stickers made to put on them so we all knew which was ours!
I did think about travel coffee cups as we have used them before to take hot drinks around the ship! But I'm not sure it's as useful on P&O as they have tea and coffee making stuff in the cabin?

Water bottles are a good idea and something I always use on board!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Instead of a torch, I'd buy some glow sticks - they can just pop one by the bathroom door then and it will be light enough for them see the door, but they won't have to try finding it in the dark!
Old 28 Feb 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Instead of a torch, I'd buy some glow sticks - they can just pop one by the bathroom door then and it will be light enough for them see the door, but they won't have to try finding it in the dark!
Thats a good idea! We've used a small torch in the past but might see how that goes. Could work as a night light for the little one too
Old 1 Mar 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Thats a good idea! We've used a small torch in the past but might see how that goes. Could work as a night light for the little one too
We always buy them, they give off a nice amount of light so it doesn't blind you like switching the light on, and no find them in the dark like a torch.
Little ones can take them to bed too and get to choose different colours as a 'reward' if you want.

Joa