Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Mar 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

First Time Cruise - Opinions please

We are planning on our first disney cruise in August 2020. We have been talking to Deb from Travel on a dream. We've narrowed it down to either Category 4C (Family Oceanview with Verandah) or 5C/5B (Oceanview with Verandah).

There are only 2 of us and as its a 4 Night on the Fantasy, we are wondering whether we should go for the bigger room.
akhurstf1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by akhurstf1 View Post
We are planning on our first disney cruise in August 2020. We have been talking to Deb from Travel on a dream. We've narrowed it down to either Category 4C (Family Oceanview with Verandah) or 5C/5B (Oceanview with Verandah).

There are only 2 of us and as its a 4 Night on the Fantasy, we are wondering whether we should go for the bigger room.
For two of you would go with the cheaper option, especially for four nights, its only a place to sleep change etc on a short voyage - my only thought is four nights is not enough!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I agree. Use the money elsewhere as in all honesty you wont be spending much time in the room and its not like they are tiny! The rooms are reasonable - not huge but not really small either. 4 nights is fine for two people
Old 8 Mar 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I have only stayed in a cat 10B (deluxe interior) which for two adults we felt was huge! Seriously, I have stayed in many hotel rooms that were smaller. DCL seem to have bigger staterooms than some other cruise lines.

I really would not worry about the space.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
For two of you would go with the cheaper option, especially for four nights, its only a place to sleep change etc on a short voyage - my only thought is four nights is not enough!
I wish we could go for more nights but as we are staying at WDW 5 nights before and 5 nights after, I'm not sure our budget would stretch.
akhurstf1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've cruised twice and went in a Category 4C (Family Oceanview with Verandah) on both occasions, but we are 2 adults plus 2 kids.

From whenever I've booked or looked at cruises, the price differential from one category to the next was always pretty small. I'm sure you'll be fine with either, but if the price difference is small, I'd pay it for a bit more space.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Definitely the smaller cabin. With 2 of you, you won't even notice the difference.
I would also check out the Category 8A's if you want space (but no balcony). They are huuuuge and have 2 very large portholes that you can sit in. 5520 is our favourite!

If you are desperate for a balcony, look at the 5E's on the back corners, they are really big too - we stayed in 9670 and we could have had 25 people on our balcony and had room for the proverbial swinging of cats too!

It may well be that these cabins are not available now which is why Deb may not have mentioned them, but also, you may have told her midship (the ones I mention are not).

Joa
Old 8 Mar 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Definitely the smaller cabin. With 2 of you, you won't even notice the difference.
I would also check out the Category 8A's if you want space (but no balcony). They are huuuuge and have 2 very large portholes that you can sit in. 5520 is our favourite!

If you are desperate for a balcony, look at the 5E's on the back corners, they are really big too - we stayed in 9670 and we could have had 25 people on our balcony and had room for the proverbial swinging of cats too!

It may well be that these cabins are not available now which is why Deb may not have mentioned them, but also, you may have told her midship (the ones I mention are not).

Joa
When we first spoke to Deb we mentioned that we had never been on a cruise before hence why we were recommend midship as we're not sure how we may be affected by seasickness.
Old 9 Mar 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
I'd totally agree with this, the 8A's are lovely and really spacious, especially if you can get one of the "mini suites". It's you're first cruise and only 4 nights so you're hardly going to be in your cabin although I'm guessing that the 8A's will have already been booked. If that's the case and you do want a verandah rather than just a porthole I'd just go with the cheapest one available.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List