Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Mar 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Anyone ever done a back to back 3/4 night cruise?

We have the a 7 night Carribbean Fantasy cruise booked for August, stopping at Tortola and St Thomas and Castaway Cat with 3 days at sea.

We are wondering about looking at 3 and 4 night cruise on the Dream to Nassau and Castaway Cay and doing them back to back.

We have been in the Dream twice, but find 3 nights just a little bit too short. We also love Castaway Cay and to go twice in a trip would be lovely.

If we did this, the second cruise would bring us into Gold.

We have never cruised on Fantasy though, but we are not sure about the stops on the itinerary.

Views on both cruises and Back to Back would be great.

Thank you.

Edited at 02:04 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

The 3/4 nights just go to Nassau as far as I know. Nassau is not very exciting so you’d be going for the ship and castaway cay rather than the itinerary if you see what I mean.

You can book some excursions such as The Atlantis but Nassau itself isn’t a big draw for me.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
The 3/4 nights just go to Nassau as far as I know. Nassau is not very exciting so you’d be going for the ship and castaway cay rather than the itinerary if you see what I mean.

You can book some excursions such as The Atlantis but Nassau itself isn’t a big draw for me.
Thank you.

Yes we have done Nassau twice and was not impressed either, but we would spend the time on the ship while it was docked.

I am starting to think that the Fantasy would be better as we have not been on it before and it does dock at some places we have never been, although I have read they are not great ports.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ladeh
slightly serious Dibber

We’re looking at the 3 night with 2 stops at castaway cay! Even Maybe b2b so get 4 stops in 6 days!
ladeh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re on Fantasy in August too.

We’ve been to St Thomas on a cruise before and it was a good stop for us, good choice of excursions and a beautiful island.

We’re looking to rebook the Fantasy for next summer as the longer sailings appeal to us more.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ladeh View Post
We’re looking at the 3 night with 2 stops at castaway cay! Even Maybe b2b so get 4 stops in 6 days!
I was going to suggest this. I have friends who have booked b2b with the castaway cay double dip.
Bellesdream is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

I just priced up a b2b 3&4 against the price for the 7 and it’s about £500 more for the cabin we want. The cruise would start a day earlier so that’s comparable prices.

Would be worth it if you want the 2 CC stops and could get the same cabin on both so you wouldn’t have to move.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Always the longer cruise over a B2B on the Dream.

You lose the changeover day as you have to get off the ship, not for hours on end, but you can't stay on the ship as customs have to officially clear it. Everything bar Cove Café is closed for changeover and cleaning. You are asked not to go back to your cabin until 1:30 as the straps are in place too. All in all, it's nice to do B2Bs but if the choice is between that and the 7n Fantasy, the Fantasy would win for me every time.

The longer cruises are so much more relaxing and the ports are what they are - beaches with some history depending on where you are in the Caribbean.

Definitely the longer cruise for me on the Fantasy (we just did that cruise last month).

Joa

Edited at 10:38 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We are doing a back to back next April for DHs 70th all being well.
We are doing MSC...it has two days in Cuba and places we have been to before ..Costa Maya etc...then the day we get off we get on the Disney Magic.
DH loves Key West and me Castaway key...so something for both of us😊...have never been to Nassau so will probably get off the boat to have a look around.
I thought I would never get to go back on the Magic because of the prices and just see her when she visited Liverpool...so I cannot wait for this trip.

Edited at 12:50 PM.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List