Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 17 Mar 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
I am hoping I didn't offend the OP at all with my post. I have no understanding of the workings of the internet (I am 66). She posted that she did an online search of Walmart, which to me just isn't a place I would look for pate. 101 varieties of cereal or mac and cheese maybe, but not pate. I added I did a ten second search and found several at Publix, not as a criticism, but as a way of saying it was not a through or intensive search.

I wrote this on my way out to work and was a bit too much in a rush. Didn't intend to start a disagreement about EU internet rules but only help the OP find pate in Orlando.

Next time, I'll just suggest Publix.
Me too I honestly had no intention to offend and simply thought I was trying to help by saying that we Brits can't get on to some USA web sites like Publix. Backfired on me as well obviously. I'll get over it

Mick

Edited at 11:11 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

I've never found a decent pate yet, even at Whole Foods. They just don't do it. Liverwurst is the nearest to a smooth pate here. I ordered a small jar of pate for last Christmas from World Market that was imported, but even then it wasn't similar.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

The International Food Club sells paté. I haven't tried it though. They have 14 patés listed.

internationalfoodclub/index.php
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Get her the cat pate... she'll never notice and her coat will come up lovely and shiny
Old 18 Mar 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Loyalblue
Getting to know the DIBB

Wow'zers!

Thanks anyway folks for the engagement and thoughts.

No real big deal.

I've got 99.9% of everything we need from Walmart in my basket to be picked up privately and delivered to us. Lots of variety in my opinion.

Pate was just the only single item on the list and I couldn't find. Yet I found it on walmart.ca no problem but couldn't find it on the US grocery website (only IAMS, Purina ONE, Friskies Pate as mentioned haha) - so I was just curious if it was available or even under a different name, as it's common in the UK so I was intrigued.

Nevertheless, it's scored out now. Purina ONE it is like it or lump it

Thanks again.

/End Thread

Edited at 01:41 PM.
Loyalblue is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Loyalblue
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Get her the cat pate... she'll never notice and her coat will come up lovely and shiny
LOL!

Exactly. Liters of sauvignon blanc later and it'll go done well on a cracker haha!

She'll be like ... 'Oh this is lovely'

And I'll be like ... 'Do you think it's Puss-ibly the aweso-meow-est pate ever?'

HER: What?

ME: Haha... Just Kitten!

Edited at 01:49 PM.
Loyalblue is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DISney Freak
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Try searching for Liverwurst or Braunschweiger (if I have spelled them correctly) 😳
DISney Freak is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
When she starts purring you’ll know it was tasty 😋
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loyalblue View Post
LOL!

Exactly. Liters of sauvignon blanc later and it'll go done well on a cracker haha!

She'll be like ... 'Oh this is lovely'

And I'll be like ... 'Do you think it's Puss-ibly the aweso-meow-est pate ever?'

HER: What?

ME: Haha... Just Kitten!

Don’t worry - It will be the cats whiskers.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I know sad sado that I am I buy frozen chicken livers in Publix etc and make my own takes 10 mins when we are at the villa but I make it at home as well told you I was sad but we love things like sourdough bread olives pate cheese etc on the deck by the pool for lunch or after dinner instead of a dessert
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List