Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
deano1212
slightly serious Dibber

deano1212's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile Disney Dream early disembark

Hello everyone, can somebody help. We are having a 4 day cruise at the end of our florida holiday and wondered what to do all day at Orlando airport when the cruise line drops us off? We have to disembark at 7.30am and I reckon we will be back at the airport for 9.30, flight check in doesn’t open until 4pm? Any ideas would be great
deano1212 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Get an uber to the Florida Mall?
Old 27 Mar 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie2604
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

The town behind it is nice - Lake Nona? Short uber ride, very modern and lovely outdoor areas, restaurants and shops. There's a website with a visitors map. Not sure what you'd do with luggage though.
Melanie2604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
deano1212
slightly serious Dibber

deano1212's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie2604 View Post
The town behind it is nice - Lake Nona? Short uber ride, very modern and lovely outdoor areas, restaurants and shops. There's a website with a visitors map. Not sure what you'd do with luggage though.
That’s what I’m struggling with, don’t want to take it everywhere with us! 🤷
deano1212 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie2604
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Originally Posted by deano1212 View Post
That’s what I’m struggling with, don’t want to take it everywhere with us! 🤷
Does the airport hotel do a day rate? They don't have luggage lockers nowadays due to the security risk.
Melanie2604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
deano1212
slightly serious Dibber

deano1212's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie2604 View Post
Does the airport hotel do a day rate? They don't have luggage lockers nowadays due to the security risk.
Il find out
Old 29 Mar 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So MCO Hyatt is $157 day room (got one booked for my holiday in September). After researching all options this seemed like the best bet for me but my plan is to not rush off the ship at 7:30 but to get off after breakfast etc as they do shuttles back until the boat is empty from what I've read. Still probably means 9am departure but gives a little less time to waste in hotel. Hotel also has a pool so will do some last minute sun and pooling.
Old 29 Mar 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
deano1212
slightly serious Dibber

deano1212's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So MCO Hyatt is $157 day room (got one booked for my holiday in September). After researching all options this seemed like the best bet for me but my plan is to not rush off the ship at 7:30 but to get off after breakfast etc as they do shuttles back until the boat is empty from what I've read. Still probably means 9am departure but gives a little less time to waste in hotel. Hotel also has a pool so will do some last minute sun and pooling.
this is what I wanted to read, thank you, I think that’s the best plan
Old 29 Mar 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deano1212 View Post
this is what I wanted to read, thank you, I think that’s the best plan
It seems like a nice hotel too so should be good. I don't think you can book online I think I might have emailed them and asked about it and they sorted it for me.
Old 29 Mar 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Can you hire a car for the day (one way rental) and do a trip?

Hyatt is great for a day room, but .. it's really busy at the pool and we have yet to find 2 chairs together in our many times there. Last time we sued it, we arrived at 12 after stopping on the way and our room wasn't ready - apparently they don't have to have it ready for you - shocking!

You could also go to Kennedy Space Centre for the day if you wish but it is an all day thing, not just a few hours.

You'll be off the ship (hoiked off) by 9am.