Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Apr 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr__Incredible
Helping Minnie

Large SUV or People Carrier?

On our last west coast road trip we hired a People Carrier and there was plenty of room for 2 adults, 3 kids and 4 bags.

For our next trip this summer I am tempted by the Large SUV, such as the Chevy Tahoe, as I liked the look of these on the road and it is cheaper to hire through Avis.

Will there be plenty of room in a large SUV compared to a people carrier?

Thanks!
Mr__Incredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
They'll be more than enough room in the large SUV such as Tahoe - You can put the last bank of 3 seats down and use for extra luggage space should you need to

We're normally a group of 2 adults, 2 kids and 1 teenager and it's style (SUV) for us all the way :-)
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

In 2017 we had to choose between the people carrier and large SUV, ending up going for the latter. We had an 8 seat Ford Expedition and even with 6 adults a toddler and a baby it still felt roomy. The boot was pretty big with the rear seats up, but other than putting in shopping and a large double pushchair.

We will be booking the same for next years trip
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

More than big enough , 4 adults and 2 sets of golf no problem
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr__Incredible View Post
On our last west coast road trip we hired a People Carrier and there was plenty of room for 2 adults, 3 kids and 4 bags.

For our next trip this summer I am tempted by the Large SUV, such as the Chevy Tahoe, as I liked the look of these on the road and it is cheaper to hire through Avis.

Will there be plenty of room in a large SUV compared to a people carrier?

Thanks!
A Tahoe is cheaper to hire than a people carrier? Is that direct with Avis
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

We're having the same discussion. The kids want the 'cool' SUV, which we normally hire. However, with the cost of the holiday going up a huge amount this year (last went 4 yrs ago) I'm leaning towards saving £150 and getting a people carrier.

I may just tell them we booked the SUV, then tell them someone messed up our booking so we have to take a people carrier
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr__Incredible
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
A Tahoe is cheaper to hire than a people carrier? Is that direct with Avis
Through Avis preferred a people carrier is coming in at £580 and a Large SUV (Tahoe) at £510.
Mr__Incredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr__Incredible
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Nordboy View Post
We're having the same discussion. The kids want the 'cool' SUV, which we normally hire. However, with the cost of the holiday going up a huge amount this year (last went 4 yrs ago) I'm leaning towards saving £150 and getting a people carrier.

I may just tell them we booked the SUV, then tell them someone messed up our booking so we have to take a people carrier
Try avis preferred as they are giving me lower prices for the SUV.
Old 12 Apr 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr__Incredible View Post
Through Avis preferred a people carrier is coming in at £580 and a Large SUV (Tahoe) at £510.
Sounds good
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mini Van (assume this is what you mean by people carrier) will be more comfortable for the 3 in the back. The SUV is better to drive.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List