Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Apr 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

The rickety sound of SM has always felt like part of the soundtrack/ride for me! So, I guess it's always been a jerky ride. I'm wondering if it's got worse in recent years, though, since more people seem to mention it lately.

I'd love to ride the DLP version.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
I dislike space mountain at wdw it’s really jerky whichever side you go on.

I don’t bother going on it anymore as it’s a waste of a fast pass.
I agree, I feel like it needs new tracks as it's definitely not as comfortable as it once was.
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I agree, I feel like it needs new tracks as it's definitely not as comfortable as it once was.
Yeah I feel like they need to do with it what Universal did to the Hulk a couple of years back (Universal tore down the Hulk and rebuilt it, and it went from very rickety to an amazing smooth ride)...
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Yeah I feel like they need to do with it what Universal did to the Hulk a couple of years back (Universal tore down the Hulk and rebuilt it, and it went from very rickety to an amazing smooth ride)...
Exactly. It made such a difference.
Old 15 Apr 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Autumn Daze
Proud to wear my Ears

For the avoidance of any confusion or doubt, Space Mountain has two tracks, but they mirror each other and are for all intents and purposes, the same ride.

Mission: Space in Epcot has two variations of the same ride, one of which is much less energetic (for want of a better word) than the other. Could it be the OP is thinking of this ride when questioning whether Space Mountain has an alternative track which is less impactful than the one they went on?
Autumn Daze is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I remember being advised to avoid it in Paris years ago because I have epilepsy. Is the WDW version tamer? I don’t really get bothered by lights unless they are intense strobes and apparently Disney doesn’t use strobe lighting.
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Is the WDW version tamer?
Yes in terms of the track layout - you never turn upside down at all. But the ride cars are an older style, all open and wobbly so you feel like you might fall out. Loads of people don’t secure their bags and don’t realise they will fly back. DH got a black eye from the handbag of the person in front, in case the ride itself didn’t feel enough of an adventure.

The California version is much smoother and the ride cars have speakers next to your head, so every turn fits the soundtrack. I love that one so much more because somehow if I focus on the music, I don’t feel nearly as shaken at the end.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List