Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Apr 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I love ride photos!
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LadyFromage View Post
I love ride photos!
I never gave them a second thought until they started to give them away with the park tickets now i love them, this time I paid out for the universal photo package .
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
AliPD
Imagineer

People putting their arms in the air on tower of terror on the front row then not buying the pictures annoy me, they cover people's faces.
The Gateway Inn 1994 - Howard Johnson 1996 - The Holiday Inn Express 1999 - The Sheraton World Resort 2001 - Howard Johnson Plaza 2004 - The Best Western Plaza 2006 - Econolodge Inn and Suites 2008 - High Grove Villa 2011 - Sandy Ridge Villa 2012 - Silver Creek Villa 2015 - Art Of Animation 2017.
AliPD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

The first time I went, OH tricked me into going on ToT. He said it was mild and just dropped once. That ride photo (or more specifically, my face) remains one of the biggest embarrassments of my life! To make matters worse, OH bought it! We now live together but the photo is at his mum’s. I refuse to have it in the house. I often cringe at the thought that there are others in the world with that photo in their possession.
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

Love this thread! Just read it right through. Thank you for brightening the start of my work day :o)
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AliPD View Post
People putting their arms in the air on tower of terror on the front row then not buying the pictures annoy me, they cover people's faces.
Maybe they were just enjoying the ride and not thinking about the picture! A lot of people put their hands up to enjoy more 'air time' on a ride.

I've never really thought about being annoyed what other people are doing in our photos. If someone's hand is in front of my face it's a shame but I haven't thought they were ruining my photo on purpose or anything! Just one of those things and enjoying the ride is more important than the photo at the end.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracy23
Helping Mickey

[QUOTE=Animagus;13786665]Some funny tales here!

To the op, I just crop our photo and/or add one of the sticker things to block out others.

I’m another who hates it when your photo is obliterated by somebody else’s arms covering your face. I think there should be a no hands up rule (m sure I’ll be roasted for that view)[/QUOTE

On our second ride on Test Track we decided to put our arms up for the photo and we blocked each other's faces! Serves us right for planning the picture I suppose! LOL!
Tracy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
AliPD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Maybe they were just enjoying the ride and not thinking about the picture! A lot of people put their hands up to enjoy more 'air time' on a ride.

I've never really thought about being annoyed what other people are doing in our photos. If someone's hand is in front of my face it's a shame but I haven't thought they were ruining my photo on purpose or anything! Just one of those things and enjoying the ride is more important than the photo at the end.
I don't think they do it on purpose, I think they oblivious to others who have paid for their pictures. They spoil others pictures when throwing their arms up on tot, it's unnecessary, they could sit on the back row if they can't help themselves.
The Gateway Inn 1994 - Howard Johnson 1996 - The Holiday Inn Express 1999 - The Sheraton World Resort 2001 - Howard Johnson Plaza 2004 - The Best Western Plaza 2006 - Econolodge Inn and Suites 2008 - High Grove Villa 2011 - Sandy Ridge Villa 2012 - Silver Creek Villa 2015 - Art Of Animation 2017.
AliPD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

I don't think they do it on purpose, I think they oblivious to others who have paid for their pictures. They spoil others pictures when throwing their arms up on tot, it's unnecessary, they could sit on the back row if they can't help themselves.
When we did TOT the first time we agreed to put our hands up. We didn't know it would block the people behind us, having not seen the pictures and never ridden before. We were sat in the middle row, and when we came off I found that I had blocked a child's face who was sat behind me. I apologised to the mother who gave me a dirty look.
I felt guilty then, and still do now - so thanks for bringing it up!

Knowing what we know now, obviously we would request back row. But lets not make any assumptions.
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Like the below poster I wouldn't have realised I'm doing it at the time! If you've never ridden it before how are you supposed to know. I will try and get a back row seat though as advised so I don't feel guilty if I want to put my hands up!

On a lighter note, this thread has reminded me of riding Atlantis at Seaworld with a South American family in the boat with us. Their little boy was determined to have everyone in the boat with their hands up in the picture, including us, and kept saying 'hands up! Hands up!' And even tapping us to make sure we knew to put our hands up lol. Sounds annoying but it was actually very funny considering he started it as soon as the boat moved, and there's not a big drop on Atlantis for ages!

Edited at 11:21 AM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List