Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Apr 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

6 year old, dolphin swim. DC

Hi,

Has anyone's 6 year old done the dolphin swim at DC. How did they get on.

Am just a little apprehensive paying to do it, if my 6 year old will not want to do it.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

My dd did it when she was 6, they can do a shallow swim with the dolphin so they aren’t out of their depth, but the staff are so brilliant with the kids. My daughters only other concern was getting water in her eyes, so she wore goggles but then didn’t need them, but it made her happier.

As I’m sure others have told you, get there early to get the earliest swim you can, there’s a much higher chance of your swim being disturbed by thunderstorms in the afternoon.
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Love it , my son has done it twice now first time he was 6and half and done again 2017 .

I was concerned when booking it that he would pull away and not want to do it but we got there early as suggested by lots on here then showed him the Dolphin pool in advance .

It came to our turn and the 3 of us did the shallow swim with my husband going 1st so was at other end for son to go to so off he went then I turned around and son was off out to the trainer awating the Dolphin no hesitation , the trainers are fantastic with kids and my son loved it xxxx

He did get very excited and still remembers the Dolphins names from both times , the 2nd time we went he was 1st one off the swim and left me behind and Dad stood on side taking pictures this time , as think photo package is expensive x

My son didn't like swimming with the rays but this could have been down to the cold water which was freezing as we were also there in Febx

Have done it twice now so hoping to go back to Florida next year but looking to go see the Dolphins in the sea at Clearwater xxx

Get there early everything you need is provided and it is a great place xxx
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

That’s funny Dreamcatcher my daughter didn’t like the rays either, however many times we told her, she thought they would sting her, she was OK paddling in that bit though.
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter did it she’d just turned 7. I can’t honestly remember if she went out to the deep water how bad is that... but she was absolutely fine either way.

What she didn’t like was the large rays but she snorkelled fine apart from that I was so impressed! She also didn’t like a part where the water goes under the bridge it’s very deep and very dark!

She never mentions the dolphin swim, just the blummin otters! 😂

Wonderful day enjoy!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My son did it at 6, he loved the whole day. Like a pp said he did the shallow swim to stay in his depth.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My 6 year old absolutely loved it, after the little intro the trainer said ‘who’s first for the swim’ he was hand in air and started swimming before she had a chance to reply!
I couldn’t believe he was so confident, and he is very scared of animals!
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

All very good to hear as we have this planed for a 6.5 year old next year.

I’m hoping they still let you bring a younger child into the water to join the photo at the end.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Have you mentioned it to him at all, just to get an idea of how he'd react?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List