Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
olaf38
Getting Excited

Mobile Priceline. Have you used them, would you?

As the title suggests I'm looking at booking some of our hotels through them and wondered if anyone could share their experience of using them.

Also someone mentioned to me previously that you can use voucher codes for further savings. Has anyone one this successfully?
Thanks for any help
olaf38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yes I have.

I’ve had mostly positive experiences but last year we got a holiday inn express through Priceline and had a number of issues including bed bugs .. I wouldn’t say Priceline were much use at all tbh .. I did eventually get a full refund but only via my bank disputing the payment .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Yes I've used them too.
We got the same Anaheim hotel two years running, good thing we liked it.
Best was probably the Hilton on West Forty second Street in NYC

I like Hotwire too, i like they confirm the bed type which Priceline don't do.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
olaf38
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks both for your replies much appreciated. I've looked at both Priceline and Hotwire a lot over the last couple of days.
Mostly at the ones where you can see exactly what hotel you are getting, not sure I'd be brave enough to do the one where you don't know what you are getting! I rely so much on TripAdvisor ha ha and I'm a control freak!
olaf38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I've used Priceline several times with no issues. I do my research to make sure I know what hotel I'm booking with the express deal. The easiest way to compare is by looking at the number of trip advisor reviews quoted for the mystery hotel which might say over 8000, then look at the normal search results and you might see a hotel with the same number of stars and 8012 reviews.

I've been very happy with the price and definitely saved money a few times. We had a week at Universal Portofino Bay fairly cheap once. The only thing you don't get is any loyalty benefits that you might have got if you booked direct and have status, but that's the same with expedia, hotels.com etc

I get their emails and fairly often there is a 5% discount code. You can also go through cashback sites

Edited to add: OP don't know if you are needing a family room or not. Priceline only quote that the room is for 2 people.

Edited at 10:07 AM.
Disney_time is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by olaf38 View Post
Thanks both for your replies much appreciated. I've looked at both Priceline and Hotwire a lot over the last couple of days.
Mostly at the ones where you can see exactly what hotel you are getting, not sure I'd be brave enough to do the one where you don't know what you are getting! I rely so much on TripAdvisor ha ha and I'm a control freak!
It’s not worth it if you’re not doing the express deal/blind deal. You will get the same prices on Expedia/Booking/Hotels in that case. Priceline and Hotwire are really all about the express deals where you can add an extra coupon and really make savings. If you are familiar with TA you should be able to figure out the hotels in the express deals. Sounds like it’s not for you though if you’re this hesitant, which is fine, it’s not for everyone and not for every occasion. Look at going through cashback sites maybe as an alternative way of saving.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I agree although I've at times made an educated guess and got it right, I've also got it wrong. I tend to book at least three star often four . I once messed up completely on a one night Vegas stay by forgetting to untick north Strip and ended up with a hotel I wouldn't have gone for based on location ... but when I arrived I was given a free upgrade to a massive suite with balcony so couldn't complain M
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I agree although I've at times made an educated guess and got it right, I've also got it wrong. I tend to book at least three star often four . I once messed up completely on a one night Vegas stay by forgetting to untick north Strip and ended up with a hotel I wouldn't have gone for based on location ... but when I arrived I was given a free upgrade to a massive suite with balcony so couldn't complain M
My DD did the same. Checked on betterbidding and thought she had it nailed down to 2 hotels that she loved and ended up at SLS where she didnt want to be! The hotel was fine but much too far north on the strip...so now we just book with smartervegas or the hotels direct and get some good deals. Where were you?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List