Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
clrat25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Manchester airport 1hr 55mins long enough?

Hi, so this years flights are ABZ - MAN - MCO, with a stopover of 1hr 55 mins in Manchester where we have to change terminal from T3 to T2. Hopefully we should be booked straight through for luggage and this being a domestic flight we won’t have passport control etc, but the worrier in me needs reassurance that this is plenty of time to transfer, or do I need to fast track security? (It's Flybe/ Virgin if that helps)
clrat25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Hi, you should be fine. I mistakenly once gave myself 1 hr between landing and Manchester and then having an international flight - lot of running for me. Manchester security is a funny thing - they are not particularly efficient which makes me book fast track just in case. T1 & T3 are next to each other with T2 a bit further away.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LPCKG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

LPCKG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
I entirely agree with unixgirl. The three terminals are located fairly close to one another, transferring from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 should take no more than 10/15 minutes. Its my local airport so I’ve never needed to transfer between flights but have walked the skywalk from the radisson to both terminals 3 and 2. There is a massive infrastructure and multi million improvement programme underway but it still has the feel of an orderly airport due to the location of each terminal and superb skywalk linking everything with ease. If you have any concerns then book security fast passes but you should be fine.
Hilton Orlando & Portofino Bay Resort 2016 / Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress & Royal Pacific Resort 2010 / Orlando World Center Marriott Resort 2009 / Hard Rock Hotel 2006 / Portofino Bay Resort 2005 / Port Orleans Riverside 2004 / Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 2003 / Orange Lake Resort & Country Club 1992 / Vistana Resort 1988
LPCKG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post

I am cautious with transfers but I would not worry about this one in the slightest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Like LPCKG, Ive never transferred there -as it’s the one I usually travel from - but I would have no concerns about tranferring between terminals in that time.

Security checks sometimes seem to have a very long queue, but then suddenly start moving more quickly in my experience, so don’t worry!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
elly641
Getting Excited

Mobile

Hi. You will go through transfers which means you go on the bus over to t2 and stay airside. A virgin representative will swipe your passport, check esta or visa and ensure your baggage details are listed in their system. Very easy process and time you have is plenty
elly641 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LKirkw00d
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I have the same in September and looked at the web site. All seems pretty straightforward (although no mention of airside connections) so at worst all landslide but it is all connected so really just a 15min walk without suitcases (if on a trough ticket, which you should be if booked as one ticket).
LKirkw00d is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I too am unaware of any airside connections at MAN. Your bags could be checked-through to MCO from ABZ, but I think the OP will have to go land-side and take the walkway to The Station, then onto T2. It's an easy 15min walk tops & there are moving walkways along a lot of the route.

When in T2 they'll need to go through Security as normal for any departing flight. MAN security is generally OK. Just be aware that the "Priority" lane is not Fast-Track. Many airlines give their Business Class passengers "Priority" lane access, but MAN airport also send all the special needs / special assistance passengers down this lane too, which can really slow it down as by definition, these passengers are not as mobile as some & wheelchairs etc require additional screening.

If you want a fast passage through MAN security then buy Fast-Track - this is fast as only the people who have paid for it get to use the lane. (The airlines are being cheap-skates by giving their Business Class passengers "Priority" as opposed to Fast-Track).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
elly641
Getting Excited

Mobile

Lkirkw00d and Kraken. You can definitely make your transit easier by staying airside and using the transfer bus. As a virgin check in agent, I can tell you that it's easier for you and the airline.
elly641 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by elly641 View Post
Lkirkw00d and Kraken. You can definitely make your transit easier by staying airside and using the transfer bus. As a virgin check in agent, I can tell you that it's easier for you and the airline.
If you are a Virgin check-in agent [so Swissport employee] then I do not doubt your knowledge. Just odd that MAN Airport make no specific mention of it on their website.
manchesterairport/...ort-transfers/
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List