Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Holiday packing checklist

Do any of you guys have a good holiday checklist

Need to start thinking about packing so I can work out what I am missing and need to buy.

Are there any essential things that would be good/specific to Disney that’s needed?

Also need to look for a good bag as there is my and hubby and two kids (3&4) so will be having to lug things around.

Also any good tips about the pre travel day for the house or for the airport hotel?

I don’t even think I remember what to do at the airport. My memory is shocking sometimes and I just have to muddle through so I will assume I will get lost
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Airport hotel we use underwear socks nightwear that’s ready to bin
One small packing cube is packed in one case with everything we need for that night /travel day including toiletries then repacked and put in the case when checking out saves people rummaging in the suitcases
And having to repack or leave something in the hotel room
Other thing I take in my hand luggage a couple of bin liners and anti bacterial wipes can’t stand how much rubbish people leave behind them and you never know what’s touched the tray table seat arms etc
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I write out a list over a few weeks adding when i remember something but my basic headers are:
- Clothes (daily outfits, cardigan, pjs, swimwear, underwear, shoes)
- Electronics & chargers
- Toiletries inc makeup, hairbrush, etc.
- paperwork (passports, tickets, travel money, etc)

Are you onsite or offsite?

My two Disney must packs are Body Glide for chafing. I buy from amazon and use anywhere that might rub such as inner thighs and around my bra.

Second must have is Compede Blister Stick. Just discovered it and it's a game changer for me. So easy to just pop a little bit on the back of my heel and zero blisters or raw skin. Amazing!

Sorry i can't really help on the kid side but i know a lot of parents make up entertainment packs for the plane. Snacks, crayons, colouring book. Etc.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsArcher2b View Post
I write out a list over a few weeks adding when i remember something but my basic headers are:
- Clothes (daily outfits, cardigan, pjs, swimwear, underwear, shoes)
- Electronics & chargers
- Toiletries inc makeup, hairbrush, etc.
- paperwork (passports, tickets, travel money, etc)

Are you onsite or offsite?

My two Disney must packs are Body Glide for chafing. I buy from amazon and use anywhere that might rub such as inner thighs and around my bra.

Second must have is Compede Blister Stick. Just discovered it and it's a game changer for me. So easy to just pop a little bit on the back of my heel and zero blisters or raw skin. Amazing!

Sorry i can't really help on the kid side but i know a lot of parents make up entertainment packs for the plane. Snacks, crayons, colouring book. Etc.
Will look at that body glide. I’m big so that will be good under my bra. I’m planning on living in cropped leggings so I don’t hurt my thighs. Hopefully no blisters my trainers are really good.

I know I need to start planning I just can’t seem to get round to doing it.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Hi! Some of the items on this list are a little Americanised but when I came across it I thought it was a good starting point when it comes to packing.

cache.undercovertourist/...cking_list.pdf
Old 18 Apr 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

For the night before, I pack the travel outfit in the front pocket of the suitcase (so a fresh tshirt, socks and undies). Dirty clothes come off and go straight in that pocket swapped for the clean ones. So no rummaging!

Packing cubes are an essential for me to keep the suitcases organised.

My number 1 packing tip which I use myself to help restrain overpacking, is first of all write a list of all the clothing items you might take- so for shorts you might say my blue denim ones, my pink linen ones, etc.

Then I write out what we're doing every day, and an outfit I might wear to do that. Now I'm not saying that is the outfit I will definitely wear- I'm a type A planner but not quite that bad- it's just for the exercise.

In doing that you will find out if you have any items you are struggling to pair- so if you never list those pink linen shorts as part of an outfit, they don't need to come.
You will also see if you are packing not enough or way too much of anything- if 6 T-shirts on the list never get paired, they don't need to come.

And then the really hard part- once you have that slimmed down efficient packing list, try to avoid throwing those 6 t-shirts back in 'just in case'!
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

The Dibb Guidebook has a pretty comprehensive packing checklist

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Pac...list-p-90.html

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Intrigued by envelopes for meals on the Dibb check list. Why?
Old 18 Apr 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
For the night before, I pack the travel outfit in the front pocket of the suitcase (so a fresh tshirt, socks and undies). Dirty clothes come off and go straight in that pocket swapped for the clean ones. So no rummaging!

Packing cubes are an essential for me to keep the suitcases organised.

My number 1 packing tip which I use myself to help restrain overpacking, is first of all write a list of all the clothing items you might take- so for shorts you might say my blue denim ones, my pink linen ones, etc.

Then I write out what we're doing every day, and an outfit I might wear to do that. Now I'm not saying that is the outfit I will definitely wear- I'm a type A planner but not quite that bad- it's just for the exercise.

In doing that you will find out if you have any items you are struggling to pair- so if you never list those pink linen shorts as part of an outfit, they don't need to come.
You will also see if you are packing not enough or way too much of anything- if 6 T-shirts on the list never get paired, they don't need to come.

And then the really hard part- once you have that slimmed down efficient packing list, try to avoid throwing those 6 t-shirts back in 'just in case'!
You must have way more clothes than me. I’m on the Pooh side so I don’t have very many clothes and am going to buy some but basically so far it’s either white or black 3/4s with a t-shirt lol so probably won’t have much outfit matching to do.

Tried sorting the kids out yesterday but only half fits the eldest and youngest has too much cos of hand me downs
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I buy large ziplock freezer bags from tesco.
Then i lay out all my "day" and evening clothes.
I match up outfits and jewellery hair bobbles etc.
Roll into bag and label.
Saves having to match items there...
Wear bikinis under clothes to parks.
Esp if ur "well endowed".
I have a large bust and struggled with lace and elastic and sweating and bleughhh.
So i wore a bikini. No rubbing coller against skin and dries quick if water rides or rain.
Genius...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List