Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Apr 16, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida_Bear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Julmops View Post
I would definitely recommend to use the rotational dining. Your waiters will rotate with you and by day 2, they will know your preferences, your allergies etc.
The food is incredible and they will do their best to accommodate you.
For me, part of the fun and interest of cruising is actually to meet and mingle with new people. You wouldn't believe the amount of people we met on our cruise with whom we are still in contact and meet every time we're off to Orlando.
It's a brilliant way of meeting new people, new cultures and broaden our horizons ...
But I appreciate it's not everybody's cup of tea.
Yep, I can see why some people would like this but as you say it wouldn't be our cup of tea.
In fact I would go so far as to say that if we couldn't get our own table we we would eat in our room.

Florida Bear's 2004 trip report day's one to twenty four
89,94,97,2000,2001,2002,2004,2006,2008,2010, 2011 Vegas & San Fran,2012,2014 LA/Anaheim/San Diego & DLP,2015
Florida_Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 16, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I'm definitely going to try all the rotational restaurants - if I don't like it then I can get food elsewhere after haha. Just feel uncomfortable sitting with others and trying things.

I'm so looking forward to it
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 16, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

The thought of eating with strangers is my idea of hell. I work in the public sector in a very difficult job where I talk to strangers all day long. We requested a table for 2 and got it no problems- we were at the later siting though. We also saw a man alone at a table.
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 16, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Our servers were useless and made no effort compared to other peoples. They didn't even know our names by night 7... Let alone telling us we could not have crackers while we waited for our meal while watching the poeple next to us (different server) with them.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Don't be afraid to ask for something else for the kids than what is on the kids menu, even they go sick of nuggets, burgers and pizza for 7 days!
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 16, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree with the comment above re ordering food. Our daughter is 9 and this cruise she ordered mostly off the adult menu. It suited her better apart from one or two nights and she enjoyed the food more.
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Florida_Bear View Post
Yep, I can see why some people would like this but as you say it wouldn't be our cup of tea.
In fact I would go so far as to say that if we couldn't get our own table we we would eat in our room.
You wouldn't need to do that (eat in your room) .. there is Cabanas and all of the other deck venues to grab food at.

Just request a table of your own though and hopefully it will be ok. When you board, go to the dinging assignment team (it will tell you on your Navigator where to go) and check on your status. If they have you with others, ask again to be on your own. It may mean they have to change your rotation, but that shouldn't make any difference for you.

Enjoy!
Old 28 Apr 16, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida_Bear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
You wouldn't need to do that (eat in your room) .. there is Cabanas and all of the other deck venues to grab food at.

Just request a table of your own though and hopefully it will be ok. When you board, go to the dinging assignment team (it will tell you on your Navigator where to go) and check on your status. If they have you with others, ask again to be on your own. It may mean they have to change your rotation, but that shouldn't make any difference for you.

Enjoy!
Thanks very much for the info...

Florida Bear's 2004 trip report day's one to twenty four
89,94,97,2000,2001,2002,2004,2006,2008,2010, 2011 Vegas & San Fran,2012,2014 LA/Anaheim/San Diego & DLP,2015
Florida_Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrie163
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We've been on two cruises, just the two of us and have got a table to ourselves both times. Next year we will be a party of three for the first time and will be requesting our table on our own again. Cx

DLP 2009 x 2, DLP 2011, Wilderness Lodge Disneymoon Dec 2011, POFQ Aug 2012, BLT and AKL 2013, Disneyland Hong Kong April 2014, Disney Magic Med Cruise Aug 2014, AKL, Disney Dream and VGF Aug 2015
Cherrie163 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 16, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I have done a 4 night dream, and an 11 night TA cruise and both times we had nobody to dine with Hope we didnt smell
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread