Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Squeezelou
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Hi there

So when you switched your phone on when you arrived it connected you to T-Mobile? Didn't realise you could do a manual switch, I've only ever used Wi-Fi to call an Uber.
Yes as soon as I switched off flight mode it connected to T-Mobile, was frustratingly rubbish only E signal!
After a while I had a eureka moment and in settings on iPhone network connections it showed as AT &T available so tried it and had 3G ever since.

DLP Newport Bay Club Aug 2010
DLP Disneyland Hotel Oct 2012
WDW Villa Nov 2014
WDW Rosen Hotel May 2018
Squeezelou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Watts5988
Dancing with Tink'

Manual switch is simple. Go to phone settings, connection settings, mobile networks then search networks. It will search for a short while and come up with a list of networks available. AT&T works best so select that one. It will take another few seconds to register you on the network then you are good to go!
Watts5988 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
I’ve been with 3 for years and have been lucky as Ive never had a problem, neither has any of my family. It works great for us.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_jm
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hi I’m here at the minute and find it hit and miss but that could be the tmobile and at&t issue. I would advise that you double check the SIM card works before you leave as the three of us using it have all had issues with them being activated. Online chat has quickly sorted the issues but not what you want to be doing on holiday!
florida_jm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Didn’t work very well for us either!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Ours was patchy depending on where we were - airport and Florida Mall were pretty bad, parks and 192 were great.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LPK
I have Ears

I have had issues with getting the preloaded add-on to work when activating the sim, but a quick chat or call to Three got that fixed very promptly.

I have been skeptical myself about using them because I have previously gotten poor signals from them where I live. Having said that, I'm taking the chance using them abroad so that I can hopefully save some money if the sim is useable for things like Uber and basic browsing. I think with managed expectations and a bit of patience it will hopefully be useable for me, as I'm not exactly expecting super-fast 4G, but if things don't go to plan then I'll just go and get a PAYG sim from AT&T. No issues if I have to, but might as well give the budget option a try before making that type of investment!

It seems mixed on whether it works well or not, so we just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope it at least does the basics!

Edited at 02:18 PM.
LPK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Falcon Bird
Trading Disney Pins

I had no issues with it last September. Only really used it for Uber and Social Media, while it wasn't as fast as 3G it was still usable.
Falcon Bird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

We have used Three for years, and never had a problem with it in the US, and the Feel at Home thing is fantastic!

Three don't actually have a network in the States... they use AT&T or T-Mobile network, so if you have a problem with signal, there is nothing Three can do about it.

Also, you should know that the Feel at Home plan means that you can use your phone as you would use it here in the UK... so, any calls, texts or data that is included on your plan are free to use in the US too. BUT, if you are calling any US phone number, such as Uber etc... those calls are not included on your UK plan, so you will be charged for them.

I hope that makes sense..
Old 28 May 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ncmurray View Post
We have used Three for years, and never had a problem with it in the US, and the Feel at Home thing is fantastic!

Three don't actually have a network in the States... they use AT&T or T-Mobile network, so if you have a problem with signal, there is nothing Three can do about it.

Also, you should know that the Feel at Home plan means that you can use your phone as you would use it here in the UK... so, any calls, texts or data that is included on your plan are free to use in the US too. BUT, if you are calling any US phone number, such as Uber etc... those calls are not included on your UK plan, so you will be charged for them.

I hope that makes sense..

Can wi-fi be used to order a Uber or Lyft car? I'm with O2 and am not planning on doing any texting or phoning as such, just posting the occasional pic on FB, so don't want to get another sim card for my phone just to order a Uber or Lyft. Thanks.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List