Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 May 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post

We upgraded to deluxe for a five night stay earlier this year. It made no impact on park time, we did not feel that we were dashing between ADRs and we did not eat any more food than we would normally. We had a signature 2TS dinner every night and used the other credit for either breakfast or early lunch, we also used a credit for lunch on departure day.

The advantage was that we were able to have meals with a starter (we don’t usually bother with dessert) and to try some new signatures. I am not sure I would want it for a fortnight, but for a week it would be great.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did the DXDDP for 2 weeks in 2016. We loved it, tried out a lot of the signature restaurants and found the plan to be really flexible for us. We didn’t find it to be too much food, just that it gave us more choices and freedom to order an appetiser if we felt like it. We just ordered and ate what we felt like having, we weren’t trying to maximise value from the plan or use all the credits. Worked well for us! Enjoy!
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

We got a free upgrade to it last year and have paid out of our pocket for it this year.

We are planning on hitting a lot of signature dining and we enjoy the enforced sit down of TS. We do LONG hours in the park so taking 60 to 90 mins out sat down having a break is good for us. We plan the reservations for peak times so we aren't missing much in the park.

Is it value for money ? Probably not because at best you will book more than you otherwise would to make it worthwhile.

Is it too much food ? Depends if you finish all your starter and desert :P

For me the clue is in the title - deluxe... Its a splurge... Its not meant to be cost saving thing Thats how I justified it to myself anyway

Edited at 08:46 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Don’t forget that with the Deluxe Plan you can also share your credits with other guests. If there are a group of you going to WDW and you are split over two rooms you only need to buy the Deluxe Plan on one room to share with the other room.
We travelled as a group of 5 in 2017, split between two rooms. We all dined together and used the Deluxe Plan this way. Other family members also joined us for a meal and theiir meals were coved by the Deluxe Plan as well as a treat off us.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mental4ever View Post
Don’t forget that with the Deluxe Plan you can also share your credits with other guests. If there are a group of you going to WDW and you are split over two rooms you only need to buy the Deluxe Plan on one room to share with the other room.
We travelled as a group of 5 in 2017, split between two rooms. We all dined together and used the Deluxe Plan this way. Other family members also joined us for a meal and theiir meals were coved by the Deluxe Plan as well as a treat off us.
Our friends joined us for a meal last year at Disney Springs and we treated them to some of our credits.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We upgraded a few years ago so that we could dine at signature restaurants which we really enjoyed, plus we had brunch at the Contemporary which is my absolute favourite. You do have to factor in the tips though as they will be more expensive. The signature portions are often not quite so large too which is a good thing.

We found it didnt work as well for us booking an ADR at lunchtime as you can start to plan your day around your ADR and not the other way round, plus it is quite difficult to continue walking around the parks in the heat after a large lunch..

We would do it again with planning to make the most out of it, and to be careful not to over indulge

Edited at 10:21 AM.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
A friend of mine was considering upgrading to the deluxe and I volunteered my opinion (which was don't waste your money) but after reading some of the above comments it is clearly is more popular than I thought. I still don't think it is for me but then I'm not much of a "fine-diner"
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Frances
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I am considering upgrading ours if finances allow. Does anyone know how late before the trip I can wait to upgrade.
Frances is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
A friend of mine was considering upgrading to the deluxe and I volunteered my opinion (which was don't waste your money) but after reading some of the above comments it is clearly is more popular than I thought. I still don't think it is for me but then I'm not much of a "fine-diner"
I don’t think it is at all necessary - we had standard DDP and did 5 Signatures each time, so plenty of opportunity for fine dining. But if we did go for it then I could certainly make it work.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I paid to upgrade from qsdp to ddp but for myself and my 4yo i dont think i can justify dxddp so we will stick with ddp as there will be plenty for us to eat im sure and any credits left can be spent in ghiradellis lol
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List