Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Question 2 Rooms Booked, Upgrading to DDP on One

We currently have CBR booked with the free QSDP for next year, we haven't upgraded as we had thought that we would just pay OOP for a few meals. Now my son and his girlfriend might come as well and we will book another room at the same resort for them, also with free QSDP.

If we upgraded one of the rooms to DDP would this cause any problems when paying for meals? ie. the room with DDP would have three people in it, but there would be five people at the meal.
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

There would be absolutely no problem at all, just tell the server when you order and they will split the bill accordingly.
Old 31 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
There would be absolutely no problem at all, just tell the server when you order and they will split the bill accordingly.
Thanks, I don't think I explained myself very well. We would want to use the DDP, which would be allocated to a room of three, to pay for all five of us.
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

each reservation remains separate

dining credits are pooled by room

at CS places, you'll need to split checks in order to get the credits right (or one room will run out of credits sooner than the other, and you'd need to use the other room's credit for the remainder of the stay)

if you do TS together, you can pay for 5 sit down meals with your credits, even though only 3 in the room. Nothing is stopping you from using more credits than there are guests in the room

but the thing you have to bear in mind is that credits belong to a room. Even if the reservations are "linked", there will be a room with 3 times 1 CS credits, and 3 times 1 TS credit per night. And the other room would have 2 times 2 CS credit per night

however you use your credits is up to you, you'll just need to keep track (it shows on every receipt)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
each reservation remains separate

dining credits are pooled by room

at CS places, you'll need to split checks in order to get the credits right (or one room will run out of credits sooner than the other, and you'd need to use the other room's credit for the remainder of the stay)

if you do TS together, you can pay for 5 sit down meals with your credits, even though only 3 in the room. Nothing is stopping you from using more credits than there are guests in the room

but the thing you have to bear in mind is that credits belong to a room. Even if the reservations are "linked", there will be a room with 3 times 1 CS credits, and 3 times 1 TS credit per night. And the other room would have 2 times 2 CS credit per night

however you use your credits is up to you, you'll just need to keep track (it shows on every receipt)
Thanks that really helps.

I realise that the credits are allocated to each room, that wouldn't be a problem for us as we will be mainly eating together and so as the other room would have more QSDP they could pay for our meals sometimes. I will be paying for both rooms as this holiday is a big family celebration, so it's not as if anyone will be 'pinching' anyone else credits.
Old 31 May 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Yes wont be a problem at all, we are a family of 6 and do the same.
Old 31 May 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Yes wont be a problem at all, we are a family of 6 and do the same.
thanks
Old 1 Jun 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
We currently have CBR booked with the free QSDP for next year, we haven't upgraded as we had thought that we would just pay OOP for a few meals. Now my son and his girlfriend might come as well and we will book another room at the same resort for them, also with free QSDP.

If we upgraded one of the rooms to DDP would this cause any problems when paying for meals? ie. the room with DDP would have three people in it, but there would be five people at the meal.

We have done exactly the same. Booked 2 rooms 7 nights CBR, 1 with DDP for 3 people and 1 with QSDP for 2 people. We will eat together and share the dining credits. It means we get 4 TS / character meals together and the rest as QS.

Looking forward to making the dining reservations once we all decide where to eat!
Disneysocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have 2 rooms booked as well - one with standard dining plan and one with deluxe.

I did make separate bookings for each reservation though.

Dawn
Old 2 Jun 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Sorry OP I didn’t get what you we’re trying to say ... just as an update we’ve booked 2 rooms at The Yacht Club for this Xmas. In1 room there are 3 adults on the DDP and in the other room there are 2 adults on the DxDP. I plan on using all the DxDP credits for our daily TS dinner for the 5 of us as we like starters and this will afford us a few signature meals as well. We can then use the DDP TS credits for our CS lunch meals.