Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Daft booking question - 2 rooms & MDE

I’m probably overthinking this, but I thought I’d check on here before booking.

We already have one room booked onsite and it’s linked to my MDE. I now have to book another room as my son and his girlfriend are coming with us. If I use the same email address and link their booking to my MDE account will this cause any problems?
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
No, you'll just have 2 rooms on MDE, you'll "allocate" each person to each room so they are there but separate IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
No, you'll just have 2 rooms on MDE, you'll "allocate" each person to each room so they are there but separate IYKWIM
SD
Thank you.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
I've just called Disney re. changing our hotel as I've just booked the other room, changing the hotel was no problem, but I was told that because I've used the same email address on both bookings MDE won't hold two bookings that run at the same time

I've been told to either get my son to contact them with an alternative email address for his booking so that he can have his own MDE account, or be prepared to spend a lot of time on the phone with their tech dept. to get it sorted out. The CM was very nice about it, she's just got me a bit worried now. Surely two MDE accounts would made booking ADR's & fast passes difficult.
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
GiantAngels
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I had exactly the same thing.
We added my M-I-L to the booking and my daughter is going in a room with her. The new booking had to be set up with a different email address.
She then had to call Disney and give permission for me to manage both bookings. Bookings are now linked and I can see both bookings in MDE. ADR day was fine, fast pass day is in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed everything will be ok
GiantAngels is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL C
Serious Dibber

I have 2 rooms on my MDE account for us and my parents. I did this after reading on here that it was ok to do so. When I added the second ref, it has come up with the correct names for that room. There is a note to say that the room was booked by the lead person for that room.

At this stage there does’t appear to be any issues. However, I’m worried now in case I can’t book fast passes for us all given the advice from Disney about ringing the tech guys!

Disney's ASM 2001 / Disney's CBR 2005 / Disney's POP 2007
Renaissance @ Seaworld & POFQ 2009 /Renaissance & POR 2010
Universal's RPR & Disney's POFQ 2012
POFQ & RPR 2014 / Renaissance & RPR 2016 / POFQ 2018
ANGEL C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

I also have 2 rooms booked for next year one for me the other for my daughter used the same email address they have put a note on daughters booking to say that I am dealing with it for her.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Originally Posted by suehen View Post
I also have 2 rooms booked for next year one for me the other for my daughter used the same email address they have put a note on daughters booking to say that I am dealing with it for her.
Did your daughter have to put anything in writing? I was told that my son has to put it in writing and send it to the email address on the booking, which is my email address.

Next time my son is here I’ll call them again and then they can speak to both of us if they need to.
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

I have always booked two rooms on the same email. Just make sure that you combine all of your names under friends and family and you shouldn’t have any problems booking ADRs or Fastpasses.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL C
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mental4ever View Post
I have always booked two rooms on the same email. Just make sure that you combine all of your names under friends and family and you shouldn’t have any problems booking ADRs or Fastpasses.
Good to know... thank you.

Disney's ASM 2001 / Disney's CBR 2005 / Disney's POP 2007
Renaissance @ Seaworld & POFQ 2009 /Renaissance & POR 2010
Universal's RPR & Disney's POFQ 2012
POFQ & RPR 2014 / Renaissance & RPR 2016 / POFQ 2018
ANGEL C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List