Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Sea World's not a park, is it?

I understand your hesitation better now. Maybe the promise of a gift from there might help? Something they can use there next year like ears or an autograph book maybe?

The only other option I can think of is to tell them you're going somewhere they wouldn't want to go...
Of course it isnt! all we are going to do is be boring & sit around the pool
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can understand your hesitation regarding your children, but if you want to go, grab it before you miss out.
bella9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Have you booked yet OP?
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Big fat YES!

Ive booked! Thank You All for persuading me
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dippy lippy
Excited about Disney

I fly out this Sunday - only booked (flights only) 2 weeks ago - although not doing any parks - have booked to stay at Omni Orlando for first 6 nights then heading to Naples - but not booked anywhere to stay yet - will look and decide once there - more fun like that and plenty of availability!
dippy lippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Mears shared shuttle from airport to international drive might be cheaper than Uber.

Get I ride trolley week pass or lynx bus pass and you can visit Seaworld and restaurants without car
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Lyft or Uber will be cheap and super easy from MCO. We just got one today, if you haven't used either app before make sure you use a sign up code too (not sure if im allowed to post the code here but the one we used for Lyft was signup10 - $5 off first 2 rides. Airport to hotel in LBV came to $26 with the discount).

PS. Congrats on booking! a quick budget trip can be just as fun as the big all out ones
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by harber78 View Post
Mears shared shuttle from airport to international drive might be cheaper than Uber.

Get I ride trolley week pass or lynx bus pass and you can visit Seaworld and restaurants without car
Our son joined us last minute a couple of weeks ago and we paid $34 return from MCO to Sapphire Falls if that helps with Mears (Shared Shuttle). Have a really lovely holiday!
loopylaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you all for your lovely replies Xx. Feeling a little down now has told my 18 yr old dd shes not amused that we are going orlando without her! Shes not spoken to me since yesterday! She said anywhere but Orlando! ( its her fav place!) she hates sitting in the sun anyway, has to be parks or her fav is shopping, its also our 29th wedding anniversary in three weeks time too! xx but ive told her we have booked & paying for her orlando holiday next year park tickets too! All paid for by mummy & daddy & shell be getting on for 20 by then too xx. We have booked cinema for our two youngest ds14 dd18 tonight so hopefully shell come round xx

Edited at 11:38 AM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

We had taken ours on many holidays, including 5 trips to Florida, but the grief we got when we finally had a holiday on our own was incredible. They got over it eventually though

Hope you have a wonderful time.

PS Need to change your countdown!
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List