Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks so much for this thread MH 😊 As the least organised on the Dibb its great to have a list for when the so called Armageddon hits 😱🤔
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Thanks so much for this thread MH 😊 As the least organised on the Dibb its great to have a list for when the so called Armageddon hits 😱🤔
As a highly respected dibber, I feel I have a responsibility to help others (with great power comes great responsibility).

Edited at 10:33 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CAD View Post
Not so much for me but my daughters medication does worry me a lot.

The doctors won't allow more than a month in advance. The only 'up side' is that her prescription will be due the week before the leave date so will almost have a full months worth.

Petrol will be the other issue I think for a lot of people. I won't be able to walk to work as I live too far away so not sure what will happen if there is no fuel or it is rationed.

Re food, I'll eat cats if I need to (plenty of those going round on our road).
Prescription medication here too. I've got 3 months worth. Had read on BBC that my medication has been identified as one that the NHS would find harder to get.

Other than that nowt. Although might get bag of satsumas
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Not really but both freezers are topped up so hopefully might be able to clear them out.
Always look at country of origin on the fruit and veg I buy and most of that seems to come from outside the EU.
Ah, but is said fruit & veg imported as part of a trade deal the EU had with said country of origin? In which case, how will we import it in the future? WTO at 10% tariff? Individual trade deals with producer (using our recently tested [and found wanting] negotiating skills!?!)? Via the EU with our... wait... no deal?!?

/tongue out of cheek lest I start WWIII
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Better get my cakes in, or lots of flour, sugar, butter, eggs to make my own. Maybe buy some chickens because the eggs won’t last, dairy going up so might get a cow as well. Maybe also a bread maker and I have everything covered I think! 🤔
Unless there is power cuts ...
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Unless there is power cuts ...
"Unlike Labour" [who's White Paper paved the way for New Nuclear], our incumbent MP lied, "we are the only party to support our nuclear industry", she continued to lie, to get elected, before the govt promptly gave absolutely zero support to new build leading to the abandonment of said new build in our constituency!

Keep the lights on! It's part of a responsible government's job!

/sorry, I really will step away from this thread now!
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

I am not a hoarder..every thing gets thrown out if its not getting used.
But when Dh was always on strike years ago...and we did not have two hapennies to rub together...no benefits then.
I said my cupboards would never be empty again...and they haven't...it's a standing joke with the family now. ..Mum is stocking up in case there is a war!
So this Brexit thing will only make me stock up more...I never want to go back to those dark days...although I know it makes us the people we are.
Apart from fresh food..it's like an illness ..I never run out of anything.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Do you think it will be like Millenium when we all thought world would end, and nothing happened? Anyway, I am not ready at all, I only have fish fingers in the freezer, and not enough wine at all!

My mum however has about fifty thousand tins in her cupboard so can pop round hers if needed.

MH this is a GOOD thread. I like. Thanks for making me smile in my otherwise dull working lunch.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Although the reason we got through the Millennium without issue is because an awful lot of people did an awful lot of work.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Do you think it will be like Millenium when we all thought world would end, and nothing happened?
thats because thousands upon thousands of project managers and computer geeks spent several years in the run up to it preparing for it all, it didnt "just happen"
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List