Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 23 Aug 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
florida-2014
Proud to wear my Ears

Disney Life through internet on TV?

Hi there,

Does anyone here have the Disney Life TV subscription? I am thinking of signing up, but would prefer to watch it on my TV, which is NOT a smart TV. I can however access the internet through our DVD/BluRay player and PS4.

Is there a way of getting Disney Life through the internet to watch via TV?

Thanks!
florida-2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

get a fire stick, you can view it on that (plus all the other smart tv features)

amazon/Amazon-Fire...nguag e=en_GB

get the 4k one for an extra tenner, even if you dont have a 4k tv. it's considerably more powerful than the non-4k version, and will last longer before slowing down (my gen1 stick is useless now due to being so slow after OS updates)

smart TVs are very hit and miss, due to manufacturers not updating their software (especially with the cheaper brands). a firetv will give you all the features of a smart tv, but in a package that will get updated for years to come... and by the end of its useful life, just spend £40ish on a newer device instead of getting a new tv
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
florida-2014
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the suggestion. So is it not possible to get it through just normal internet?
florida-2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

DisneyLife is an app so would need something to support it such as Firestick or Apple TV. For example on an iPhone you can’t watch anything on the website you have to use the app itself. Hope that helps!
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida-2014 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. So is it not possible to get it through just normal internet?
i'm not sure what you mean exactly by "normal internet"

you can access it via their website: disneylife/uk/view
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
DisneyLife is an app so would need something to support it such as Firestick or Apple TV. For example on an iPhone you can’t watch anything on the website you have to use the app itself. Hope that helps!
this page implies you can watch it via their website...

support.disney/hc/en-gb/...-Ways-to-watch

*edit*
to clarify. not on mobile devices, just a normal pc/laptop and a web browser. mobile devices need the app

Edited at 11:10 AM.
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
florida-2014
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i'm not sure what you mean exactly by "normal internet"

you can access it via their website: disneylife/uk/view

So this means I can open a browser through my PS4 or BluRay player and visit the page to watch it through a browser?
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'm not able to watch it on my internet browser on my phone or my laptop, only through the app on any device/TV.
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

When we had our free year of Disney Life, we could watch it on our desktop pc without an app, straight from Disney Life website. However to watch it on phone or tablet, we had to use the app. We didn’t have our Smart tv then so not sure with that. However our LG smart tv doesn’t have Disney Life on their App Store so I’m guessing you would need a fire stick for some smart (and all non smart) TVs including LG ones.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida-2014 View Post
So this means I can open a browser through my PS4 or BluRay player and visit the page to watch it through a browser?
no, you need a desktop or laptop computer with IE/edge/firefox/chrome browser due to the plugins it needs