Old 9 Jun 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by hjanea46 View Post
Just read all of this and really enjoyed it. We overlap with you for a few days and are at POR. Wish I'd known how to get all those times up for fastpassing. Love the evenings that you've been having. My mum is coming again as she loved it so much last time but my dad stays at home-it's not his sort of holiday at all!
Looking forward to reading more now that in all planned and wondering about making ears. Do you need a glue gun or could they work without? X
not long on your countdown at all, if you see us say hi. Lovely that your mum is coming again, I'm pretty sure it will really be a once in a lifetime trip for parents but of course we've all heard that before.

I do use a glue gun for the ears but that's because I have a massive aversion to sewing. I'm sure you could make them easily if you like sewing.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Have you done anymore eating around the world dinners Abby?

I have a sneaky feeling your mum and dad will want to come back, not sure why! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Have you done anymore eating around the world dinners Abby?

I have a sneaky feeling your mum and dad will want to come back, not sure why! Xx
We did a Germany dinner on Friday and had schnitzel and sauerkraut, followed by Black Forrest Gateau. We've got Italy coming up at the end of the month and a USA BBQ to celebrate 4th July. I'll post an update on all those meals soon.

I'm not going to get too excited about the idea of Mum and Dad coming back, they've already booked up Serbia and Montenegro for a week next year plus a trip to Vietnam. We'll see if they get the Orlando bug.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

So wish I had the energy to do your meals around the world, it sounds so fab. Maybe I will do a snack around the world once we have broken up for the summer in the run up to our holiday.

So glad you managed to get all the FP you wanted, hope I have your luck on Sunday.

Can't believe how quickly it is coming round.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
So wish I had the energy to do your meals around the world, it sounds so fab. Maybe I will do a snack around the world once we have broken up for the summer in the run up to our holiday.

So glad you managed to get all the FP you wanted, hope I have your luck on Sunday.

Can't believe how quickly it is coming round.
Ooh you're going to have a fun fathers day then! Good luck I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm sure you will get all the FP you want.

Old 16 Jun 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Just caught up on your pre-trip - very exciting. My mum said to my kids a while back that 'Grandpa would love to go to Disney' but didn't actually say anything to me.. A couple of months ago I broached it and said to her that we'd love her to come with us if they're up for it, but it takes a really long time to plan, so we needed at least 18 months run up to it (which seems crazy doesn't it, but I'd want to get it right) anyway she's been invited to see a cousin in FL in February, so she's going to Anna Maria Island - we've got cousins in Minnesota and they escape the awful winter for a while if they can.

We've pencilled in 2021 for a big family trip (potentially 10 of us because I'd have to invite my brother and his tribe) I'd love to do onsite again, so I'm watching with interest to see how you all get on. I'm delighted they want to come with us, but Disney holidays aren't like other holidays are they and I'm not sure they'll know what they're letting themselves in for.

We did Cali Grill for dinner last year and it was really nice, we had a fairly early booking, went back to MK for a Peter Pan fast pass, then just got back to the Contemporary again for fireworks from the balcony which was really a highlight of the holiday. We've not done the brunch so can't compare the two. The adults had a better time than the kids, but your kids are older than ours so might have a better time - not that they hated it but it was the least 'disney' TS that we did. Would absolutely do it again.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Just spotted this today Abby, while browsing for a new report to read! I've read it off and on throughout the day, but now of course, I can't remember everything I wanted to comment on This will be in no particular order...

Love your Minnie ears - they are so cute. Well done on persevering with them, well worth the effort. It's nice that your Mum has put in her order for sequin ones

I think it's really nice that you and your parents get together for eating around the world - it must be exciting chatting around the table about your upcoming trip.

Wow, a projector screen. Movie nights must be so much fun . BTW, I'm up for Disney movie, cocktail, ear making nights also It's good you were able to trade the projector screen off against next years holiday

All of your ADR's sound good. I'm glad you managed to make the decision in the end. It's maybe just as well I only found this today, as I would have been no use in assisting with your restaurant decisions having never stayed on site. Believe it or not, a few weeks ago we almost booked a week onsite for next year with the free DDP. However, I took a bout of guilt just before booking and thought I should take DH's wishes into account as well as my own . As a result, we're now doing something entirely different next year, not even Orlando at all, never mind onsite Disney! I've been promised that we definitely will have an onsite stay at some point though, so I'll be re-reading lots of onsite reports for ideas if that day ever comes. All of the ADR planning sounds very exciting, as well as a little stressful.

Sounds like you did a good job with your fastpasses as well. Your plan seems to have plenty of down time as well as plenty of park time, so hopefully something for everyone. I do hope you parents enjoy the trip. Your Mum particularly, seems to be looking forward to it from what you've said.

I think that's it, oh apart from, KFC Fries. I don't like the new ones either, and it was a Dundee KFC that I had them in (sorry, Colette )

Looking forward to any further updates, and of course, the actual report. Not too long to go for you now

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Just spotted this today Abby, while browsing for a new report to read! I've read it off and on throughout the day, but now of course, I can't remember everything I wanted to comment on This will be in no particular order...

Love your Minnie ears - they are so cute. Well done on persevering with them, well worth the effort. It's nice that your Mum has put in her order for sequin ones

I think it's really nice that you and your parents get together for eating around the world - it must be exciting chatting around the table about your upcoming trip.

Wow, a projector screen. Movie nights must be so much fun . BTW, I'm up for Disney movie, cocktail, ear making nights also It's good you were able to trade the projector screen off against next years holiday

All of your ADR's sound good. I'm glad you managed to make the decision in the end. It's maybe just as well I only found this today, as I would have been no use in assisting with your restaurant decisions having never stayed on site. Believe it or not, a few weeks ago we almost booked a week onsite for next year with the free DDP. However, I took a bout of guilt just before booking and thought I should take DH's wishes into account as well as my own . As a result, we're now doing something entirely different next year, not even Orlando at all, never mind onsite Disney! I've been promised that we definitely will have an onsite stay at some point though, so I'll be re-reading lots of onsite reports for ideas if that day ever comes. All of the ADR planning sounds very exciting, as well as a little stressful.

Sounds like you did a good job with your fastpasses as well. Your plan seems to have plenty of down time as well as plenty of park time, so hopefully something for everyone. I do hope you parents enjoy the trip. Your Mum particularly, seems to be looking forward to it from what you've said.

I think that's it, oh apart from, KFC Fries. I don't like the new ones either, and it was a Dundee KFC that I had them in (sorry, Colette )

Looking forward to any further updates, and of course, the actual report. Not too long to go for you now
How embarrassing Thankfully, I can plead innocence as I work in Arbroath now

Lynda, you must tell all, where were you going to book onsite? This is quite the turnaround, so I am very impressed. Did you barter with a projector screen too?!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post

Lynda, you must tell all, where were you going to book onsite? This is quite the turnaround, so I am very impressed. Did you barter with a projector screen too?!
Ah, that's ok then. I was looking around at the staff as well, wondering if I would spot you! It was only a couple of weeks ago when we were heading down to see westlife.

Haha, no bartering with a projector screen, sorry to disappoint . It was actually Neil that brought it up about staying onsite. He had an email through from ATD with a deal, so he forwarded it onto me to have a look. We really did almost book, for next May. It was going to be 7 nights onsite at CSR with upgraded dining plan to DDP, then 7 nights in a villa. In the end it all felt a bit rushed. The deal was finishing in a couple of days and I just thought we should have a proper conversation before hitting the "book" button. It turns out there was something we both wanted to do more -Route 66 - so that's what we're doing next year instead. Disney onsite is definitely still on the table, possibly for 2021.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Abby

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
Just caught up on your pre-trip - very exciting. My mum said to my kids a while back that 'Grandpa would love to go to Disney' but didn't actually say anything to me.. A couple of months ago I broached it and said to her that we'd love her to come with us if they're up for it, but it takes a really long time to plan, so we needed at least 18 months run up to it (which seems crazy doesn't it, but I'd want to get it right) anyway she's been invited to see a cousin in FL in February, so she's going to Anna Maria Island - we've got cousins in Minnesota and they escape the awful winter for a while if they can.

We've pencilled in 2021 for a big family trip (potentially 10 of us because I'd have to invite my brother and his tribe) I'd love to do onsite again, so I'm watching with interest to see how you all get on. I'm delighted they want to come with us, but Disney holidays aren't like other holidays are they and I'm not sure they'll know what they're letting themselves in for.

We did Cali Grill for dinner last year and it was really nice, we had a fairly early booking, went back to MK for a Peter Pan fast pass, then just got back to the Contemporary again for fireworks from the balcony which was really a highlight of the holiday. We've not done the brunch so can't compare the two. The adults had a better time than the kids, but your kids are older than ours so might have a better time - not that they hated it but it was the least 'disney' TS that we did. Would absolutely do it again.
I think that my kids will be alright at Cali Grill, well they will have to be! But I appreciate this is a meal more for the adults than for the kids. Max will want to keep his meal pretty plain. In the past if nothing takes his fancy from the adult menu then he orders from the kids and they supervise it so it's an adult portion. I appreciate this is a complete waste of 2 credits for TS but if he's happy then he's not moaning and I'm then happy. It's not worth us saving his credits and paying OOP as the 2 credits doesn't stretch to a meal for us.

Your future family trip sounds great. I hope I can give you tips in the trip report for what enjoyed and help with the planning of your trip.

Hey there Lovely Lady

I'm glad you've turned in the Minnie ears are cute, I surprised myself with my skills! I'm not a creative person at all really, far more practical and organised than creative and arty but they've turned out pretty good.

The eating round the world meals have been fun, we've had Germany and we're picking up the pace to fit them all in. So Italy is coming up next week and then on my mum's birthday we're having a 4th of July BBQ, her birthday is actually at the weekend so it's a delayed 4th July celebration. It's no wonder I still don't fit into my summer shorts

The projector was a good bit of deal making I think! Plus I've actually really enjoyed watching movies on it. We've done the first three Indiana Jones movies. Then this week we watched Skyfall. I'm not gonna lie, Daniel Craig looks pretty awesome on the big screen

I was worried about the KFC fries debacle, but at least Colette is still untarnished, phew now we know to head to Arbroath for the best KFC fries.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post

I'm glad the question I was keen to ask has already been asked and answered! I'm so nosy I was just thinking oooh where has she for instead and how come no onsite wdw! Thanks for getting in there quickly

Ah, that's ok then. I was looking around at the staff as well, wondering if I would spot you! It was only a couple of weeks ago when we were heading down to see westlife.

Haha, no bartering with a projector screen, sorry to disappoint . It was actually Neil that brought it up about staying onsite. He had an email through from ATD with a deal, so he forwarded it onto me to have a look. We really did almost book, for next May. It was going to be 7 nights onsite at CSR with upgraded dining plan to DDP, then 7 nights in a villa. In the end it all felt a bit rushed. The deal was finishing in a couple of days and I just thought we should have a proper conversation before hitting the "book" button. It turns out there was something we both wanted to do more -Route 66 - so that's what we're doing next year instead. Disney onsite is definitely still on the table, possibly for 2021.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Abby
I think if Neil brought it up he is not averse to the idea of onsite. But you are right it's silly to get caught up in the frenzy of special offers and not actually think it through properly. CSR does look lovely I've never seen availability for our dates in August and so it will be the only moderate that we've not stayed at after POFQ this summer. Your route 66 plans sound amazing though! I can't wait to read that trip report plus back to WDW for the 50th anniversary. Dave will be 50 in 2021 so I'm going to have to get my thinking cap on to convince him a visit to WDW would be a good way to celebrate his birthday as he's the same age as Magic Kingdom.