Notices

Old 5 May 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

A Nightmare on I-Drive:Part V(pre trip Oct 2019) Updated 2nd September

Hi all. Just starting my new pre-trippie.

The cast

Me(Debbie)-I will be 29 when we travel. I am planner, report writer and organiser. Currently working in finance and living in Brighton. Just started a bit of a diet again! My hobbies include colouring, quizzes and the cinema!

Arron-He is 31 and will be when we fly.He just goes with my plans! He works in games retail, and his hobbies are cinema, gaming, gaming and gaming

The history

This will be our 6th trip to Orlando in 6 years. Last year we had a bit of a blowout trip with NYC and Orlando for 19th nights altogether!

When we returned from that we decided this year would be a short, cheaper trip.

Plan so far...

I was weighing this up for a while with dates and whatnot. But on 17th March I noticed the price had changed for the better so we booked.

We are flying on the 10:05 Virgin LGW-MCO flight on Monday 7th October & returning on the 19:50 Virgin MCO-LGW flight on Friday 18th October.

We have booked the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando for all 11 nights currently.

This trip has cost us about £1325 for both of us and I was happy with that price!

Edited at 08:58 PM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Title explanation

So as I said before, this is our 6th trip. But our trip in 2017 was March/April as we went for Wrestlemania & therefore we did NOT go to Halloween Horror Nights that year.

One of the big reasons we travel in October is so we can partake in HHN hence the title

Further plans

Our idea is to pop to Gatwick early on Sunday the 6th October and dump our bags there to go into London for the day.

So we might eat out before we get back to do Twilight checkin.

We are planning to book this soon. As per the above, we are definitely staying over before our flight as we always do & our flight is super early this time so going up the previous day makes alot of sense!

We upgraded our Universal tickets last trip so don't need to get any this year. Hoorah!

So we are waiting for the Frequent Fear passes to be released for HHN in June(fingers crossed). I am thinking we can get to 6/7 nights hopefully.

There are a couple of to decide,like whether we do a night at Hard Rock or not and we will definitely go over to Disney Springs at some point.

But that is it for now
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds great...and a fab price! We’ll be over there at the same time too! We have booked 4 nights at RPR to enjoy the Universal Parks... my daughter would love to do the HHN but that is not my hubby and I’s idea of fun haha! Enjoy your planning
Old 6 May 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Sounds great...and a fab price! We’ll be over there at the same time too! We have booked 4 nights at RPR to enjoy the Universal Parks... my daughter would love to do the HHN but that is not my hubby and I’s idea of fun haha! Enjoy your planning
Hi Jools

We are so on the fence about staying onsite, it is no convenient and Express Passes make it so tempting so your 4 nights sounds great.

Ha HHN is very fun but not to everyone's tastes Enjoy your planning too!
Old 6 May 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

we always stay at the rosen inn at pointe orlando we love it
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Hi

Just to say...I have done absolutely NOTHING since my last post other than work etc, no holiday bookings to speak of.

Hard Rock

I've been looking cost wise for 1 night here and its is coming out super pricey!
We want to stay on Friday 11th October if possible, but HRH is looking to be £460+ for the one night...however Royal Pacific is only £312 for the same night so a possible change of plan on the horizon.

Not exactly a compromise just somewhere new!

Resort hopping day

I think on Monday 14th October we would probably do this. We're thinking start at Contemporary-Grand Floridian-Polynesian on the...

Then get over to the Boardwalk for Abracadabar & end the day with Disney Springs.

There will be some wandering, eating & drinking involved

HHN

And finally, i'm just impatiently waiting for the Frequent Fear ticket release in June. Hoping it hasn't changed too much as we are fine not going on the Saturday night, but would like to go on 9th, 10th and 11th & 13th, 16th & 17th if possible.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 23 May 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
rfckaty
Getting Excited

rfckaty's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am very jealous of you both!
I love going in October for HHN, we got the frequent fear ticket when we last went as it worked so much better for us. We spread out the houses and were able to take in alot more. We felt much more relaxed doing it that way and still got to visit all the houses and take in the show.

I love resort hopping while at Disney, we are avid pin collectors and love trading so we explored a lot of the resorts to see if we could pick up any fun different pins. We have always stayed offsite so it was great to see how Disney living is like and has made us thinking of booking a couple of nights onsite.

Looking forward to seeing more planning and of course reading the rest of your trip report.

Rangers Then, Rangers Now, Rangers Forever WATP

R.I.P Leah Wilby ~ GBNF
rfckaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rfckaty View Post
I am very jealous of you both!
I love going in October for HHN, we got the frequent fear ticket when we last went as it worked so much better for us. We spread out the houses and were able to take in alot more. We felt much more relaxed doing it that way and still got to visit all the houses and take in the show.

I love resort hopping while at Disney, we are avid pin collectors and love trading so we explored a lot of the resorts to see if we could pick up any fun different pins. We have always stayed offsite so it was great to see how Disney living is like and has made us thinking of booking a couple of nights onsite.

Looking forward to seeing more planning and of course reading the rest of your trip report.
Hi Katy

HHN is just our favourite thing to do so I am hoping they don't change the ticketing options too much. We usually end up with Frequent Fear Plus with Express so we shall see!

Ahh we aren't pin traders but we have stayed at Pop Century a few times and never really ventured to any other resorts so should be a nice chilled exploring day.

Thanks, will update this when we have anything more done
Old 7 Jul 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

!.

Hi everyone, sorry i've been gone for a little while!

Went to London to see Backstreet Boys and afternoon tea & done 3 days working at Wimbledon this week!

There are a couple of updates to add...

Horror Nights

Tickets were released about a month ago, we waited for a week or so and then bought ours.

We have bought Frequent Fear Plus with Express passes, we can go to HHN on 9th, 10th 11th, 13th and 17th of October. Hoping anther night gets added but either way its fine.

Also watched Stranger Things season 3 which we thought was great so fingers crossed the house is half season 2/half season 3.

Day before

A bit annoyingly, Premier Inn said they do not have luggage storage facilities at North Terminal hotel...so we have decided we will go to London in August for my birthday.

So we will just do our normal routine of heading up to Gatwick on Sunday afternoon for our Monday flight.

Royal Pacific

After saying Hard Rock was too pricey I started looking up RPR for Friday 11th October and found it was cheapest through Virgin Holidays.

So I used a few flying miles but we booked one night for £213. Bargain.

Possible plans

As before, we are going to do Disney Springs/monorail resorts on one day and probably the Florida mall at some point.

Arron has also mentioned being interested in FunSpot.

He really wants to do the arcade and we are thinking of going to the I Drive one!
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Your plans are sounding good. Everything’s coming together... and we’re into double digits now ... I feel that my countdown is going so fast! 👏👏