Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Jun 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Mad
Excited about Disney

The Point Hotel & Suites

Hi guys,

Planning hard for next years holiday and found a great price through Barrhead Travel for The Point Hotel.

Reviews are excellent but on Googlemaps I have noticed its set a bit back from IDrive, and was wondering how long it was take to walk there and back during the day/night etc.

Will have our 9 year old DD and don't want to hear moaning everyday

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Prepare to hear moaning for about 15 minutes.
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I've booked to go there in October, great prices for 1 bedroom suite and great reviews, tho some people say close to everything, others say middle of nowhere! Think there's an I trolley stop outside hotel which will help.
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have you looked at the sonesta Es suites as an alternative on I drive?
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
its just a bit further down the road from the enclave suites which was about 5 mins walk from i drive so id say 5-10 mins walk

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stayed 3 nights last year thinking we could walk to the eye area on idrive. We couldn't, no footpaths. So had to drive. Lovely hotel mind, but not VG for the eye area.
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

The new universal endless summer will be close, maybe you could use it for eating and drinking? Unless you need to be staying there to use their restaurants etc
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

We stayed at Point in 2012. We only walked to one restaurant - tgi Fridays - which is opposite to the I drive direction. The rest of time we drove.
Last year we chose to stay at homewood suites in the middle of idrive instead. There are lots of restaurants within 5-10mins walking. Plus the suites are similar layout.

The grounds and the pool area in the point is nicer and the pool bar and food (pizzas from memory) were nice. The pool at homewood is mostly shaded but that suited us.

We have chosen to stay at homewood again this year based on the great location for restaurants, the fab free breakfast and also the evening receptions Mon-Thurs.
The point is lovely - well rated, spacious but the lack of restaurants around it led us to choose similar elsewhere. If u are happy to drive or uber (which wasn't as common in 2012 when we stayed) then the point is still a great choice.

Edited at 09:40 PM.
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Mad
Excited about Disney

Thank you so much guys.

I was afraid it might be a bit far out for our DD. We wont have a car but uber is always an option. Have seen both Sonesta and Homewood so will look further into these 2 as well.

Thank you for all your help and advice.
Old 7 Jun 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Sonesta es suites are in perfect location, right opposite icon park, will be there myself in 8 days, its close to shops & bars, reviews are very good, take a look on tripadviser, it was also fully renovated in 2016 so still looking clean & tidy xx breakfast also included! If I hadnt already have booked next oct holiday to point I definately would have stayed here too! Its just perfect especially if you have a family & walking is an issue x

Edited at 09:04 AM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List