Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Travel sickness

DH and DS suffer from travel sickness. Neither are physically sick though. DS will not eat any of the plane food. They both hate the smell of the food. What do you recommend for travel sickness?
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm the same sadly although I'm physically sick too !...the pharmacist has recommended Kwells to me as they are less drowsy but work well, I'm heart meds and these eont effect the other meds either ...
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
shazza1961
Imagineer

Mobile

We bought the bands for our son, but today he has gone to alton towers and when I spoke to him after they had arrived, he had been sick :0( luckily I did put two carrier bags in his bag xxx tomorrow I will be going to the chemist to see what they think is suitable xx
shazza1961 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Dd6 used to get travel sickness, when she was little the band's helped her but suddenly stopped. Now she has either kwells or i think the other one is called joy rides?
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I use Sturgeon from the chemist.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our DD and DS were the same on flights for a long time. DD in particular used to feel awful for the whole flight and then would throw up the second the wheels touched the tarmac.Neither of them seem to have any problem in cars or coaches.

Cabin Crew on a Delta flight once recommended drinking ginger ale through the flight but eating nothing. That really did seem to help. We also bought Dramamine when we were in Orlando and gave them that for a few years.

Both DD and DS seemed to "grow out of it" and we don't have a problem now. However, neither will eat plane food and both find the smell of it unpleasant. Interestingly, DW is exactly the same with the food and the smell but has never actually been sick herself. We dont worry about them not eating on the flight - they make up for it once they land - as long as they're taking the fluids on.
Old 29 Jun 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

Our son was REALLY sick on our flight to Miami a couple of years ago - since then we give him Sturgeon tablets, but what really made the difference last year was wearing sea bands around his wrists. Whether you believe in their effectiveness or not, for him it was the thought that they were going to stop him being sick and he was absolutely fine. I also take snacks for him that help with that sicky feeling (which I also get on the plane) like plain Ritz crackers. I do find the smell of the plane food makes me feel ill too - especially the breakfast offerings!
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

DH doesn't suffer from travel sickness at all just the smell of flight food sickness!
Old 29 Jun 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

DH swears by Kwells. He takes them for motion sickness in the parks too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Seriously you can’t get any worse than my son for being sick on a plane. I completely believe that it is now psychological. He thinks he’ll be sick so he is! Last time I gave him phenergan. It didn’t work going but worked coming back, first time in years he wasn’t sick. My GP said to start giving it to him a few days before so it’s in his system which I didn’t do last time. I definitely plan to do it this time, but I believe it’s one of the best things for travel sickness and even better that you can buy it in liquid form so I can put it in his drink without him knowing 😉