Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jul 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Aquatica

We are staying at Disney onsite with no car. As we are doing Discovery Cove and SeaWorld, we will also have Aquatic tickets. Is Aquatica worth the $15-$18 Uber ride each way? We love TL, BB is good, but prefer TL. VB was ok, but we went a few months after opening. So how does Aquatic compare to TL, BB and VB?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

Aquatica is the only water park I've done apart from wet n wild when it was there so I'm not qualified to compare them all however Aquatica is one of my favourite days when in Orlando.
Lots of great slides, a brilliant fast river, could spend hours in the river.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I love Aquatica and its definitely worth the trip, good kids area, some good rides and I love the lazy river.

That and VB are probably tied as my favourites.
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyspals
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
We are staying at Disney onsite with no car. As we are doing Discovery Cove and SeaWorld, we will also have Aquatic tickets. Is Aquatica worth the $15-$18 Uber ride each way? We love TL, BB is good, but prefer TL. VB was ok, but we went a few months after opening. So how does Aquatic compare to TL, BB and VB?
Just been and loved it, plenty of water rides, couple of wave pools a lovely kiddies area, lazy river and road Rapids (which is a fast lazy river) great fun and like the sandy areas, nice beach feel. Tio head for the lockers at the back of the park, much quieter.

2010-Tuscan Hills Villa, Radisson International Drive
2012- Tuscan Hills Villa
2015-Tuscan Hills Villa,Lowes Royal Pacific
2016- Disney's All Star Movies Resort,Town House at
Regal Palms Resort,Hard Rock Hotel
2017- La Quinta Suites, Central Park, New York
2017- Tuscan Hills Villa

2019-Highland Reserve Villa
Mickeyspals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

It doesn't
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

a man of many words. could you maybe expand to a full sentence or two

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
It doesn't
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

If you get there early, it's the comes only second to Volcano Bay (early) as you can get on most of the great rides and then just enjoy the not-so lazy river. It's our favourite park with VB coming in second. I'd definitely give it a go and get there nice and early - oh and like every waterpark - avoid weekends!

Edited at 11:59 AM. Reason: spelling
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

I would put Aquatica fourth behind VB / TL / BB in the water park rankings.

It is nice enough for a couple of hours but a lot of the slides are a bit meh and because there are not that many good ones, the queues get big really quickly. Roa's Rapids is good, the drop slides are ok, Ray Rush is good but everything there is done better at Volcano Bay.

If I was at Disney I would go to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon over Aquatica.

I know I sound negative - if the other 3 water parks were not there then I would probably like it a lot more. It is worth the trip if you have never been but make sure you get there for opening and go on the good stuff straight away before the crowds get too big.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Serious Dibber

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We like aquatica but have previously only been in October when it has been pretty quiet. However went last Friday and was vv busy to the extent that we probably won't go again. so i suppose for me it depends on the time of year and how busy. a good gauge is that in October we have paid about $50 or so for a cabana - last week would have been about $300 which we just wouldn't pay.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List