Notices

Old 27 Sep 11, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

"Has Grandma got her handbag!? !" Pre-trip October 2011

Hey Everyone!
This is my first trip-report, so hope I do everything right! They'll be plenty of photo's as on a previous trip to Orlando, I took nearly 600!

As a family our last trip together to Orlando, was in October 2009 for Mum and Dads Silver Wedding. There was 16 family members, spread over 3 villas on Windsor Hills with every park visited and one extremely emotional wedding renewal.

Us before MNSSHP 2009

Now to introduce the cast:

ME! - Becky - 25

I love everything to do with America! My fave park is Busch Gardens and this will be my first trip being put on the insurance for both hire cars so I'm very nervous/excited about this opportunity! Recently I've lost a stone and a half so looking forward to the chance of going on all the rides and not feeling self conscious!

Mum - Wendy (Wendilou) - 49 - Chief Planner/worrier!

Loves Walmart and Magic Kingdom and looking forward to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party! Also looking forward to spending time with Grandad Roy.

Dad - Trevor - 52 - Chief Driver

Dad's so laid back, nothing bothers him and he's able to calm us all down! He'll be the main driver for our 7 seater car!

Grandma and Grandad Robbie - Maureen and Jim - 72 and 65

Mum's mum and step dad, have had a shopping list planned since March and is the Queen of lists! Grandad Jim like my dad is very laid back and also chief driver of the other hire car we have. Also has a wicked sense of humour and is determined to go to Boggy Creek this year! Oh and if Grandma's got her handbag we know we're alright! (Hence the title of the thread! When we were kids if we ever went out anywhere with Grandma we always asked if she had her handbag because we always got treated! )

Maggs - Mums best friend - 49 Cameron Maggs son/Mums god son 13

Mum and Maggs have been best friends since high school. Maggs has worked really hard to save for this trip and is planning on doing everything Orlando has to offer!
This is Cameron's first time to Orlando and has been extremely excited about this trip and looking forward to doing all the parks especially legoland!

Grandad Roy and Claire Mum's Dad and step mum - 70 and 65

Grandad Roy has lived in America for 33 years, the majority of the time was spent in Washington DC where he met Claire in the early 90's. They moved down to Tampa in 2003. They are coming to stay in Orlando for 2 weeks. I'm very lucky that all my grandparents get along so well

Now for a bit about our trip!

We leave for Manchester on the 19th October. We will be meeting Maggs and Cameron at the airport, while we are driving down and leaving our car locally. Our flight to Newark is at 930 so should hopefully have a bit of time to look round duty free before our flight. We arrive in Newark at lunchtime and then have just over 2 hours to do immigration/customs and hopefully leisurely make our way to the next departure gate. We land in Orlando around half 4 and hopefully be on our way to the villa by 6! We are staying at Town Centre Reserve, thanks to Castanea1985. We plan to do most parks but don't have any set days. One big plan is for us to have a Christmas Day, which is a request from my Grandad Roy

3 weeks to go and can't wait!

*Hope this trip report hasn't been boring! *

Edited at 05:48 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wendilou
Very Serious Dibber

im even more excited now reading this lol xx
Old 27 Sep 11, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

Sounds good! We will also be having a 'pretend Christmas' next month before my sister returns to Argentina for the winter like she does every year. We put the tree up at my Mum & Dad's and exchange presents & eat Christmas dinner!

My kids are so used to it, I think they must think that everyone has two Christmases!
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbi
Excited about Disney

Abbi's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 15
Great first trip report! I wrote my first ever one today too! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Cant wait to read more

The Ultimate Birthday Surprise 2012 - Pre Trip Report
------------------------------------------------------
Villa, Indian Point - Kissimmee - 2002
Villa, Indian Point - Kissimmee - 2005
Villa, Indian Point - Kissimmee - 2012
Abbi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Abbi View Post
Great first trip report! I wrote my first ever one today too! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Cant wait to read more
Thanx Abbi, I'll go have a read of yours now! Just need the next 3 weeks to go really quickly now!
Old 27 Sep 11, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbi
Excited about Disney

Abbi's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 15
Originally Posted by Bexy View Post
Thanx Abbi, I'll go have a read of yours now! Just need the next 3 weeks to go really quickly now!
Awww thanks hun! I just need the next 9 months to pass... oohhhwwww : ( seems so long!

The Ultimate Birthday Surprise 2012 - Pre Trip Report
------------------------------------------------------
Villa, Indian Point - Kissimmee - 2002
Villa, Indian Point - Kissimmee - 2005
Villa, Indian Point - Kissimmee - 2012
Abbi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
huggybear
slightly serious Dibber

huggybear's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Great pre trip report only 3 weeks to go how exciting for you all
Have a wonderful time with all your family and friends.
Janine x

2006 - Pop Century
2011 - Saratoga Springs/HRH
2013 - Glenbrook Villa/RPR
huggybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue Turner
Excited about Disney

Sue Turner's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Greats start to your trip report, can't wait to read the rest. 3 weeks to go i'm sooooooo jealous, i would love to go at halloween.
Have a fantastic time with your family and friends sounds like you are gonna have a fab time.
Love your piccie of u all dressed up .
Old 27 Sep 11, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a great day to be travelling, three weeks and counting.

Hope you have a wonderful time and I have to say it is really nice to hear that all your grandparents get on so well
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 11, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds great! Love the idea of having a "Christmas" over there. Brilliant!