Notices

Old 16 Feb 12, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Yay you've done a pre-trippie! I laughed at the very last line about not taking food photos in 2010 as I can relate to it. I did a food report in 2010 but not 2011 on our wedding trip (same as you) - I started off well, but then the wedding took over and the food photos went out the window LOL.

You've got some great ADR choices in there, you've picked a fair few of our favourites

Really good price for the Premier Inn! I love the look of the squishy beds on the adverts.

Looking forward to reading more!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful trip! You sound very organised too, ah to be more organised!
Old 24 Feb 12, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Nice Pre-Trippie!

Its a shame we all have to grow up one day but that just means you can do this all again with your own children!
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 12, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hey! great pre trippie! we are also off in may AND staying in SSR but we leave on the 28th May! so it's really June!

great plans so far, we are also just doing disney to save money! Marie is so cute! glad you're going to go all out for that last holiday together, then you will have to grow up but then think of bringing the kiddies to disney!

looking forward to reading more!
Old 24 Feb 12, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
shelly
Imagineer

shelly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 42
Guidebook Reviews: 5
We fly the same day as you, but from Gatwick! I will be keeping my eyes open for you...!

We are also doing Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time, but for dinner. And we are really looking forward to LeCellier lunch as it was one of our favourites last time.

We have booked Sci-Fi, but I'm not that bothered by it, and I think my bf only want to do it so he can get one of their milkshakes!

Edited at 02:15 PM.
shelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 12, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Hayley&Gareth View Post
Yay you've done a pre-trippie! I laughed at the very last line about not taking food photos in 2010 as I can relate to it. I did a food report in 2010 but not 2011 on our wedding trip (same as you) - I started off well, but then the wedding took over and the food photos went out the window LOL.

You've got some great ADR choices in there, you've picked a fair few of our favourites

Really good price for the Premier Inn! I love the look of the squishy beds on the adverts.

Looking forward to reading more!
Same here, plus all our families would have just thought we were had lost it!

Yes, I thought the £110 saving was worth it and the Premier Inn gets better reviews that the Radisson! I just keep winding Henry up that Lenry Henry will also be staying in our room! I am sure it will be fine for one night

Originally Posted by ppodangel View Post
Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful trip! You sound very organised too, ah to be more organised!
Thank you! I am a project manager in my real life so apologies I am OTT organised in my day to day life!

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Nice Pre-Trippie!

Its a shame we all have to grow up one day but that just means you can do this all again with your own children!
Yes hopefully, Henry is planning a disney themed house for when we move so I dont think we will be that "grown up"

Originally Posted by loves_disney View Post
hey! great pre trippie! we are also off in may AND staying in SSR but we leave on the 28th May! so it's really June!

great plans so far, we are also just doing disney to save money! Marie is so cute! glad you're going to go all out for that last holiday together, then you will have to grow up but then think of bringing the kiddies to disney!

looking forward to reading more!
Hello! Oooh I will make sure to leave SSR in a good state for you!

Originally Posted by shelly View Post
We fly the same day as you, but from Gatwick! I will be keeping my eyes open for you...!

We are also doing Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time, but for dinner. And we are really looking forward to LeCellier lunch as it was one of our favourites last time.

We have booked Sci-Fi, but I'm not that bothered by it, and I think my bf only want to do it so he can get one of their milkshakes!
Give us a wave if you see us! I thought about LTT dinner too it looks lovely! We really enjoyed Sci-Fi not really for the food but more for the theming!
Old 24 Feb 12, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Clothes Shopping

Disapointingly I have not needed to do much clothes shopping as I have lots of summer clothes left over, and lets face it you don't get much wear out of them in the UK But I have bought a few things...

Disney tshirts:

I have been buying these over the last year, I think Henry got freaked out I was going to be clad in a disney t shirt everyday at one point!

These too were bought from ebay usa new with tags

These two were complete bargains from play.com last year I think they were only £2.50 each!

My precious Disney Dooney & Bourke bag bought new from ebay last year (I saw it in disney in 2010 and really regretted not buying it). You can no longer get this one anymore. I will be using it as hand luggage, and for when I need to carry lots of junk!

This will be my park bag, I am a massive Cath Kidston fan and this mini satchel is perfect for park days and waterproof

*Both of these I have been unable to resist using before the holiday *

Some new primarni flip flops

New top from New Look

2 new swimsuits from Debenhams (did get one from Kelly Brook at Newlook but it was the worst horrific fit I have ever known and even the staff were saying they are awful!)

Cheappie new sunglasses from New Look (I always break them, these wont last long!)

These were the best find ever, following lots of recommendations on the dibb I invested in these Merrell Siena sandals for the parks, these are so comfy and look a little better than normal walkking sandals!

I will update if I buy anything else!
Old 28 Feb 12, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Fab pre-trip so far! I understand the feeling of it being your last major holiday for a while, we haven't even been on our holiday this year and knowing that next year will be the last one until we have kids is a downer thought!
Love the purchases!
Old 28 Feb 12, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

LOVE the idea of putting up photo's of what clothes you are taking it's such an important part of going on holiday haha makes me want to buy summer clothes now, sounds like you are going to have a great time
Old 8 Apr 12, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Just pulling this back from all the way down on page 3 (is there anyone there?!)

We have a few updates

Had a little ADR change around, was really not sure about le cellier as I couldn't eat a steak at lunchtime as it would be far too heavy and then I couldn't go and not have steak (I am sure its lovely just think we didnt fancy it!) so have cancelled it and rebooked for trex dinner for Henry

I have bought an iPad to amuse ourselves with, will be taking it away (along with my kindle loaded with books!) just waiting on my cover to arrive from eBay

One case is already out and I gave been gradually putting suncream etc that I have been buying in it - Henry thinks I'm crazy and the cat keeps sitting in it!

But most exciting of all is our vroom vouchers arrived on Thursday and our holiday tickets are being sent out by virgin holidays on Tuesday according to their Facebook team! We're both getting very excited now, we still don't have a day by day plan for the trip bar our adrs - I think we will make it up on the plane

Will post again when we get a wee bit closer.