Notices

Old 17 May 13, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRella
slightly serious Dibber

PrincessRella's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great update LOVE the car such a great choice xx
PrincessRella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 13, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by PrincessRella View Post
Great update LOVE the car such a great choice xx
the car is more for Ryan, I definately wont be doing any driving (if i can help it!) but i dont mind a bit of cruising along the coast line with the wind blowing in my hair! knowing our luck it will rain that one day!
thanks for reading! xxx
Old 17 May 13, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Awesome car - going to be great for some coastal posing
Old 5 Jun 13, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Beckah
Earning More Ears

Sounds an amazing split trip! We will be in Port Orleans Riverside at the same time as you! Enjoy
Beckah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 13, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Sounds amazing so far Chelsey! I can't believe you're going to Niagara; I've been once and I'm absolutely dying to go back, so I can't wait to hear how your flights are, as I've been considering it for a while but I'm not sold quite yet. Looking forward to hearing more
Old 12 Jun 13, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Update 5 - Majorly needed update and lots to babble on about

Well boys and girls its been a while!
I have been working my little (? big...) bum off at uni and tomorrow is my hand in date!
And guess what that means --- Back to full on disney planning mode!
Now just because I havent been keeping you lovely dibbers updated does not mean that planning has not commenced and I do have quite a lot to update you on so, bare with me, this ones gonna be lengthy!

First lets talk ADRs (and any other must eat at locations!) now they are all booked and confirmed, I no i mentioned them in my original post but they were still a bit up in the air at that point so now ill talk you through the final chosen ones!

12th September

11ishBeaches and Cream
Ok so obviously we havent booked an ADR here because well we can't! but this is one place i have always wanted to try but for some reason never have! Im thinking of going straight in for a sundae and the frozen sunshine smoothie sounds amazing!

6.30pm Teppan Edo
Never been to this one before but heard great things about it, me and ryan love a good themed resteraunt and Ryan loves teppanyaki (sp?) style cooking, japan is also my favourite country in WS so can't go wrong there eh!? At the moment i cant choose between Hotate (scallops) or Ueno (chicken and shrimp), reccomendations would be great! after this meal we will be heading out to watch illuminations, so any reccomendations of areas near teppan edo that are good to watch illuminations would be great!

13th September
8.35am Crystal Palace
Picture this - walk down an empty main street approaching that beautiful castle, knowing that for the next hour your going to be feasting on a yummy buffet with some of the most adorable characters in disney followed by spending the day in the most magical place in the world perfection? me thinks so! Never had breakfast here before, only dinner so super excited to try this breakfast, particularly excited to try ...

The breakfast lasagna! Now i no what your thinking, and totally agree, it doesnt like that appetising! but everyone on dibb seems to love it so it must be great right?!

At some point today I will definately be having atleast one dole whip because i have been dreaming about that pineapple-ly goodness since the 28th of June 2011 (the day we left on our last trip! )

No ADR for dinner tonight but we will be heading over to DTD for a little disney retail therapy (2 of my favourite hobbies combined) and will most likely stop of at WGP for dinner, ive only ever had lunch here not dinner, Im not a huge fan of meatloaf but after hearing so much hype over it I may have to give it a go!

For dessert we will head over to Gihradelli (sp?) because despite my love of ice cream and chocolate (and all things sweet really) ive never had a sundae from here! After drooling over the menu for quite some time and changing my mind several times im currently thinking ill give The cable car a go! chocolate, ice cream, marshmellow, hot fudge, where could i go wrong?!?

14th September
This morning we will be stopping at POR for breakfast and giving the Riverside Mill Food court a go, Ill probally go for something light this morning, like the sound of the Create-Your-Own Yogurt Parfait

4.45pm Yak&Yeti
Another new one for us! We always struggle to find a resteraunt at AK, done rainforest cafe a few times and had a bad experience at Tusker house so we are giving this one a go! The menu looks great! But i have one problem! I absolutely LOVE dimsum but ryan hates it, so im thinking ill have this as a main (its a sharing starter) and we can pay for this one OOP, Im also very interested by the fried wontons! We have made this ADR a little earlier because we always finish AK early!

15th September
Breakfast this morning will be at Starring Rolls And for sure ill be eating this monster...

The butterfinger cupcake! Oh god that picture makes me drool! Aint nothing wrong with a giant cupcake for breakfast!

7.50pm Narcoosses
After getting over the fact that the best ever steak ive had is beyond my reach because CG will be closed for refurb when we are there i decided we could settle for steak and lobster instead! should be a nice spot to watch wishes from as well!

16th September
No breakfast this morning but we will be giving BOG a go for lunch and hopefully not queuing for 2 hours like the nightmare stories ive heard! Im absolutely amazed by what ive read about the service and experience you get here for counter service! sounds great! I really like the look of the Tuna Nicoise Salad!

8.00pm Ohanas
My favourite restaurant in the world, and thats the actual world not just disney. Everything about this place is perfect, the food, the atmosphere, the service and now to make my experience even better I am 21 which means I can get one of these babies!

17th September
Cape May Cafe
This is a new addition we booked only a few weeks ago after not being able to get CRT. We visited CMC on our last trip and loved it! Its one of them places you dont hear a huge deal about but it really is great! I love this resort and it makes for a beautiful start to a day at BB!

Tonight will be spent partying at MNSSHP so we haven't got anything booked, we will most likely either give the riverside mill food court a go for dinner, LOVE the sound of the create-your-own-pasta! or try a counter service at MK perhaps caseys corner or peco bills?

18th September

4.30pm Le Cellier
After a day spent drinking round the world for ryans birthday what better way to end it than with a delicious steak! This will be our first time here and I am super excited after the amazing reviews ive heard about it! I will for sure be trying the cheddar cheese soup and the mushroom fillet mingon!

19th September
7.50am Ohanas
After discussing how much we aboslutely love this restaurant we decided, what better way to spend our last morning than here with mickey and friends?! Super excited to try breakfast here, if its atlesat half as good as the dinner it will be amazing!

So thats all the ADRs out the way, now for the offsite eats!
I wont have a definitive plan for these but the following are definately on my list weather its in toronto, miami or orlando!

Golden Coral breakfast
perkins
ihop
ponderosa
Bubba Gumps
Cheesecake Factory
Olive Garden
Bahama breeze
Tony Romas
Millers ale house
TGI fridays
Hard rock (either miami or toronto, ryan has to visit new ones at every opportunity!)

We will also be trying a Giordinos Pizza pie on the night we arrive at our idrive hotel!

That brings me on to my next topic, I have decided over summer to plan in some Florida theme nights to keep the countdown ticking over without the wait killing me

1 night I will be making a giodinos pizza pie, recipe courtesy of Libby (Oh_Darling) thanks hun! and to go with this monterous pizza we will be catching up with monsters inc in time for monsters university- SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS FILM, i maybe just maybe have a countdown on my phone... 30 days! atleast its less than my countdown!

TBC...
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
another night im planning on recreating the ohanas meal and watching Lilo and stitch - Lae's included!

Any other suggestions?

Moving onto my next topic, being overexcited by all the new attractions to see! Cant beleive how lucky we have been, its only been 2 years since we last visited but theres so much new things to see!

New Fantasyland ofcourse
Art of animation resort
Test Track revamp
Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin
Spiderman Revamp
Transformers
And the big surprise - Springfield! Didnt think it would be done this quickly!

There will also be a few new experiences for us

We have now purchased our tickets for MNSSHP and will be attending on the 17th September, Who else is going then?!
Super excited as this will be our first disney event we have attended and I plan on coming home with no less candy than this..

One thing we still arn't certain on though is our costumes!
I have a few ideas but nothing set yet...

A couple more newbies for us will be some surprises I have booked for Ryans Birthday so i hope to god he doesnt do what im always telling him to do but never does, and reads this PT! I was really happy to find out that the penguin upclose tour was back on so ill be booking this for our day at seaworld, I think ryan will love being able to hold one of these adorable birdies, during our west coast trip last summer when we visited seaworld san diego he went through the penguin exhibit at least 3 times, 2 of those were by himself...

Another birthday surprise is that we will be starting the disney part of our holiday a day earlier because i have booked the KTTKT for the 12th September, after some kuffufle over weather i would be able to pick the park tickets up early (because they are linked to our accomodation) it was sorted and i have been given a code to hand in at guest relations to receive my park tickets a day early, I knew disney would pull through Super excited to do this tour and I must admit i booked it slightly for myself as well we have always talked about how we would love to do this but were a little worried it would ruin the magic but after reading several reviews that were all great I realised if anything it would make the magic stronger! We will also get to sample lunch at Columbia harbour house during this tour which is another CS i wanted to try!

Another point i feel nessesary to mention

I GOT MA DOLLAR MA DOLLARRRRRR

well half of it anyway! Ive been keep eagerly keeping an eye on the dollar rate over the last month and last week i noticed it had finally reached 1.5 so as soon as I spotted this i rushed down to my local tescos only to find out they also had an offer on, every £500 you spend you get £5 off! So seen as I was only changing up half of my spends for now (still hopeful that it will go up even more!) I left tescos with $1515 and

So planning has all been going smoothly yes? well it was until United put a spanner in the works! We booked our flights with a return indirect flight stopping over at Washington, this flight meant we would only have a 2 hour stop over which i wern't overly happy with but it was the only affordable flight so we decided it was worth the risk, well a few weeks ago, we got a lovely email from expedia, yep you've guessed, they have made our flight time from Orlando later meaning that we now only have 55mins stop over! PANICCCCC! I emailed expedia explaining that I am not happy with this short stoppover and they assured us it would be fine, but it was the dibbers that really reassured me Atleast its on the return, if we miss our flight we will be stuck in the US! Oh well! plus it means we get an hour more in Orlando!

Anyway if your still with me I promise I am coming to an ... shortly...

Now for some pre holiday plans!

I have decided that i no only need to save for spends in Florida but i also need to save for some lovely new holiday clothes! I havent brought many yet because i wanted to get my saves out the way first (and my brothers 18th and best friends 21st gahhh) but I did treat myself to this lovely summer dress from ASOS

Its super comfy and breezy so will be nice in the heat! I have a huge wish list on asos and am determined to get it all before we go! not to mention a new park bag that i NEED. I usually use a small backpack but this year im considering a bumbag for conveinience, Im quite liking this one from asos

Spangly!

TBC...

Edited at 10:40 AM.
chelseyleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
For those of you who know me will know that I change my hair colour very regularly, at the moment its turquoise but has been this colour for far too long! This is what im thinking im gonna do in time for our holiday

Nice lilacy-lavendery-pinky! The problem is my hair is really dark so im gonna try lightening it over a few months instead of going straight in with bleach and ruining it! So i will keep you all posted on the results!

With my uni hand in tomorrow I have decided to kick start my health plan on thursday, healthy eating and LOTS of working out and the plan is to look like this by september

Wish me luck, im going work out clothes shopping tomorrow!

Right now that is all for now! Sorry to keep you all for so long but thanks for hanging in there and I promise my updates will be more regular and less legnthy from now on!

TaTa for now lovelies!
Old 12 Jun 13, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Hey Chelsey!

Well done on getting all your uni work handed in! What a great feeling that must be!

Loving all your ADR choices, you have everything so well planned hun and I don't think I've ever seen inside one of those butterfinger cupcakes before - oh my word!

I'm loving the fact that you might have to steal a baby for the evening to compliment your MNSSHP outfits! Haha you've got some great ideas there and I'd seen that Up photo on Pinterest before, such a cute family!

Loving the spangly bumbag and Chelsey hunny I honestly don't think you've got much working out to do to achieve that body my darling (not that I'm at all jealous! !).

Looking forward to seeing the hair updates!

Happy planning!

Kate xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 13, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Originally Posted by isabel View Post
Hey Chelsey!

Well done on getting all your uni work handed in! What a great feeling that must be!

Loving all your ADR choices, you have everything so well planned hun and I don't think I've ever seen inside one of those butterfinger cupcakes before - oh my word!

I'm loving the fact that you might have to steal a baby for the evening to compliment your MNSSHP outfits! Haha you've got some great ideas there and I'd seen that Up photo on Pinterest before, such a cute family!

Loving the spangly bumbag and Chelsey hunny I honestly don't think you've got much working out to do to achieve that body my darling (not that I'm at all jealous! !).

Looking forward to seeing the hair updates!

Happy planning!

Kate xx
Hey Kate!

thanks hun! its such a weight of my shoulders, like literally, the work is so heavy!

The cupcake looks amazing right?! ive never tried one but anything that big and gooey and chocolately cant be wrong!

Yeahh the baby thing might be an issue, 3months aint really enough time to pop one out, wonder if disney could provide a service?

And thanks hun but i have seriously been naughty over the last few months, stress hasnt played well on me this term just brought a load of gym clothes from forever 21! nice n cheap! so now im motivated!

thanks for reading! Take care!

xx