Notices

Old 9 Jun 13, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post

"Disney with the Novelty of Cruise Control - The Sequel!" August 2013

Hello all, You have no idea quite how happy I am to be writing our "Series 2" trip report. If you haven't had the chance yet, please do read my first trip report "Disney with the Novelty of Cruise Control!"

Cast:

Me: Victoria, 32, Chief planner and arranger of all things Florida related!

DH: Paul, 38, Chief money provider and general nice guy!

Me and hubbie:

DD: Rhianne, 15, Now tall enough for ALL the rides she couldn't ride last time so very excited indeed!

Me and Rhianne:

DD: Charlotte, 13, In charge of all decisions related to DDP having read every QSDP menu across Disney!

Charlotte and daddy:

The last time we went was 5 1/2 years ago...I can't believe it has gone that quickly to be honest as it seems like 2 years ago! Don't feel too sorry for us as we have been jet setting all over the world but this year seemed like the perfect time to head back to our favourite place on earth. Although we have had many wonderful holidays over the past few years they never quite match up to Disney...do you know what I mean?!

We have booked a package deal with Thomson from Saturday 24th August 2013-Saturday 7th September 2013 flying from Gatwick on the Dreamliner (woohoo!). We are going to be staying overnight at the airport again the night before and enjoying the twilight check in as it makes travel on the day very easy. We have also booked the Gatwick lounge for an added bit of luxury!

We are staying at Port Orleans Resort on the QSDP. DH had so much fun trialling out cruise control last time (please see previous trip report) that I have 'allowed' him to upgrade to a 4x4 this time so he can have even more fun! We have also booked 1 night at Hard Rock Hotel to enjoy the fast passes. We stayed at Royal Pacific Resort last time and found it fab so we thought we'd try another one this time.
We have purchased 14 day Disney tickets and 14 day Universal tickets... other than that we will be going to the Everglades for one day, (hopefully) swimming with the manatees and having a few chill out afternoon at Celebration sipping Starbucks frappucinos on the deck! As well as LOTS of mall shopping!

The girls are now tall enough for everything so we are really looking forward to being able to go on all the rides together. We are going to let fate decide our plans this time, rather than writing an itinerary. We found the itinerary great last time as we had the full DPP but as we can be more flexible this time there is really no need for a full plan.

So... a very short introduction to our holiday but hopefully enough to get your interest to come back for more. I will promise to TRY and write my trip report LIVE this time as it took me AGES to write it in retrospect last time so WATCH THIS SPACE!

xxxx

Edited at 02:32 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 13, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post

59 views and no replies...Boo hoo. Poor me x
Old 10 Jun 13, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't wait to read more!
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 13, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah thank you!
Old 10 Jun 13, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by opticalhazer View Post
59 views and no replies...Boo hoo. Poor me x
Might be because the 2012 in the title is misleading?
Also can't see your photos

I'm in though and looking forward to reading more

Ali
x
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 13, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I can't see any photos I like to see pictures so I know how I am reading about
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 13, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Might be because the 2012 in the title is misleading?
Also can't see your photos

I'm in though and looking forward to reading more

Ali
x
Ditto for me too, cant see your pics
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 13, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Unfortunately the pictures aren't working but you can see previous photos of us on our last trip report.
Old 12 Jun 13, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cerigirl
VIP Dibber

cerigirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Can't wait to see your trip reports live! Not long to go now! Woo Hoo!
The QSDP sounds good, as we found like you, the full DDP is very limiting, especially with regards to which parks you visit at which times, which often held us back if the weather/our feelings were more suited to something else. Good as well that the girls can now go on everything - makes it so much easier for hopping on and off things instead of taking it in turns. Fab to experience things together too.

Waiting on our tax rebate to purchase flights for Christmas I have on hold ... don't want to mention it on the 'other place' we talk, as family members frequent it and we don't want questions as to why we aren't spending Christmas here! We can deal with that closer to the time! Family!

1988 - November - Stouffer Resort
1989 - February - Caribbean Beach Resort
2007 - September - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - November - Villa Sorrento/Boardwalk Villas
2009 - December - AKV/OKW/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach!

2013 - December - Glenbrook/Vero Beach/AKV Kidani Village
2016 - Polynesian/Port Orleans Riverside/Saratoga Springs
2018 - December - Bahama Bay
2020 - December - Bahama Bay/Vero Beach
2021 - September - Copper Creek/Polynesian
cerigirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 13, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah Cerisa...how wonderful. I am so happy for you going back at Crimbo... but your secret is very safe with me! xxx