Notices

Old 16 Feb 14, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

"Good Morning, Good Morning!" Trip September 2014

200 days to go

Well! Here we go again!

Last year’s trippie for the Howard Family was entirely written by Megan (see link here to access). She has now passed the baton to me (Mom/Helen). I shall endeavour to put as much detail in as I can, along with a few more photos, which we failed on miserably last year. Not sure how we’re going to improve this, perhaps just have a camera permanently in someone’s hands all the time. I think I’ll also try and put a bit more in about the food consumed – not something Megan was really interested in but her Dad and myself are and I’m sure other Dibbers are as well!

Here’s who’s going this time:

This is from when we all last went to Disney together in 2010

So individually we are:

David's the one on the left!

David (51 years young), my lovely husband, who is allowing us to go back to the House of Mouse again. He loves it as well. He particularly likes Donald Duck which you’ll be able to tell easily because of the number of different Donald t-shirts he has and by the smile on his face in the picture. I think the thing he’s most looking forward to is the food. He enjoys the rides, although last year he was complaining that he’s getting too old for them as he kept saying he was being battered by rides like Expedition Everest and Space Mountain. He’ll still go on everything though.

Picture was taken at the Garden Grill (Epcot) in 2010.

Alex (23) our son, didn’t join us on our trips in 2011 and 2013 but stayed at home and house sat! When we returned last year, having already booked for 2014, he said could he come with us as he hadn’t had a holiday since 2010. So, I had to phone and change the booking – we’re such lovely parents. He loves the rides especially at Islands of Adventure and his favourite Disney Park is Hollywood Studios.

Megan's the one on the right!

Megan our daughter will be 18 on the day we arrive and the next day she will be 19. I can’t believe it really – my children are both adults now – time really flies. Anyway let’s not dwell on that and back to Megan. She so loves Florida, Disney World and everything Disney. I couldn’t possibly say what her favourite things are because there are so many. Her favourite Princess is Ariel, as can be seen by the smile on her face in the picture, and her favourite character is Piglet she informs me. She’ll really just be so excited to be back in her happy place.

Cheery aren't I

Here’s me. Not really sure about the photo taken in 2010 at Crystal Palace but it was the best of a bad bunch . I’m 48 although I don’t really feel that old. Anyway one of my biggest problems is my weight. My plan is to lose another 2 stones before we go – doable at 1lb per week! I’ve never been to Disney at a really sensible weight and I think it can really inhibit the enjoyment. I love the heat in Florida, no matter what weight I am, but I’ll be lots more comfortable if I weigh a bit less. I’ll keep everyone posted on how it’s going in future posts. I too am a bit of a Disney nut, evidenced by the Tinkerbelle hoodie and Mickey Mouse t-shirt I’m wearing whilst writing this. I love all the parks, particularly like Soarin’, although the others aren’t that bothered and just suffer for my sake! Character wise, I’ve always had a bit of an affinity with Eeyore but Tinkerbelle and Ariel are also up there.

That’s all about us then so what about this holiday:

I booked everything initially in May 2013, obviously Alex has now been added to the booking since for which I didn’t get charged – yay! We’re travelling indirect United Airlines Birmingham to Newark- Newark to Orlando on 4th September staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for 2 weeks and then transferring to the Disney Dream for a 3 night Bahamas cruise on 18th September and then flying home, Orlando to Newark-Newark to Birmingham. We’ve got free Disney Dining Plan and 14 day ultimate tickets.

We have a rough plan, in that we know what we want to do but just haven’t started slotting anything in yet. It’s a bit early really as I can’t book ADR’s until 8th March. So this is what we want to do:

Tickets for Universal/Islands of Adventure – we want to stay until the evening as we’ve never done this, we usually leave about 4.00 pm as we’re shattered. David wants to go to the Nascar Grill about 4-5.00 pm and then go back into the parks.

It’s our wedding anniversary on 17th September so we want to go to Narcossee’s on this evening.

We also want to go to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – I bought t-shirts for everyone to wear on this day at Christmas. I wrapped them up from Mickey Mouse which confused everyone.  We’re hoping that we should be able to make one party – the first one was 10th September in 2013 so we should be okay.

Other ADR’s will be:

Le Cellier – we went here last year and really enjoyed it – David and Alex love steak!

Boma for breakfast and dinner. The breakfast will probably be our last morning in the hotel before going to Port Canaveral for the Cruise. The dinner may not be booked in advance as we can probably book on the day.

Sanaa for lunch. We had lunch there last year and felt the menu was much better than the dinner menu. We’ll probably do this on the day we’re doing the MNSSHP so we don’t have to worry about eating during the party and can grab counter service if we’re hungry later.

Cape May Café for breakfast. We did this on our last day in 2013. The food was slightly different to other breakfast menus and the atmosphere and character interaction was great.

Mama Melrose for Fantasmic Dining. Not sure if we want to see Fantasmic again but the meal in 2013 was really nice so we’ll make our minds up on the day!

Splitsville Luxury Lanes – this appears on the dining plan for 2014 and we love bowling so might as well eat and have a game.

That’s about it really. I’m sure there’ll be lots of this going on when we get there,

However, in the meantime this is what needs to be done:
  • Alex’s passport renewal
  • Alex’s ESTA and update the others as we renewed last year
  • Tickets for Universal/Islands of Adventure
  • Book ADRs
  • Book MNSSHP
  • Travel Insurance
  • Book taxi for to/from airport

Well that’s all I can think of at the moment. My next update will be at 99 days to go when things should have moved on considerably.

Until next time see ya real soon as Mickey would say

Helen

Double Digit Pre-Trip Post - Click Me!
DLP (Mother/Daughter - 2019
Cruise on Dream / Pop Century 31st Wedding Anniversary- 2019

Edited at 11:27 AM.
howardfamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post

We're going at the same time to celebrate my son's 21st! I have started my pre-trip too, and yes I'm also tracking my weight loss over the coming months. It will be so worth it, so good luck with yours.

Plan looks good, not long for ADR bookings!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Great start to your pre trip, I shall be keeping an eye on this one as like sarah I have a pre trip and am really interested in how everyone that is going in September are doing with their planning, I shall be celebrating my 50th while out there. Happy Planning.

January 2006 & 2009 Paradise Cove
September 2014 - Bella Vida
January 2016 - Compass Bay 2nd Honeymoon
February 2019 - Eagle point South.
Disney, Finally here we come and the Grandkid's still don't know Sshhhh- September 2014
Time to say Good-bye... January 2016
littlejem1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by xxSarahxx View Post
We're going at the same time to celebrate my son's 21st! I have started my pre-trip too, and yes I'm also tracking my weight loss over the coming months. It will be so worth it, so good luck with yours.

Plan looks good, not long for ADR bookings!

Good luck with your weight loss, looking forward to reading your trip report too as me and Megan have just had a look at your pre- trip.

Megan thinks it's sweet how your sons going to Disney on his own with just the 2 of you and doesn't think that he is too cool to do so.

We hope to learn some new things from your pre trip possibly about food

Hope your plans go well !

Helen
howardfamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by littlejem1 View Post
Great start to your pre trip, I shall be keeping an eye on this one as like sarah I have a pre trip and am really interested in how everyone that is going in September are doing with their planning, I shall be celebrating my 50th while out there. Happy Planning.

Thanks for reading, I shall try my best to keep an eye on yours too.

Enjoy your planning!

Helen

Edited at 04:58 PM.
Old 16 Feb 14, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Really enjoyed Megan's trip report, so looking forward to reading about this year's trip from mum's perspective

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 14, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

Going to tell people why it's called "Good Morning, Good Morning!" maybe at some time?

Regards Dave
Old 26 Feb 14, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tclaireh
Apprentice Imagineer

tclaireh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hi

Looking forward to your new report as I enjoyed Megan's last time!

It was great to hear from her about SSR we picked up lots of tips for our forthcoming trip, can't wait to hear your next installment.

Claire x
tclaireh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 14, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

Ok, so hubby had to tell me he'd posted to say why we're calling the trip 'Good morning, good morning'. I've been a bit busy so haven't been on the DIBB for a while.

The title is from the song of the same name because Megan is insisting that she will be singing it every morning whilst at Disney in order to wake us up! Taking previous trips into account, I think it more likely that we'll be singing it to wake Megan up

So there we go. I have explained so hopefully hubby is happy with me...

Helen xx
Old 19 Mar 14, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

I'm always happy with you dear

(Of course it will be several weeks before she reads this...)

Regards Dave